Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 00:51   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@S2- so what's your point? Is that just because your friend had an unfortunate service experience with VW, naveenraju is not allowed to have a positive opinion of them based on his own first experience?
I am not criticising or commenting on anyone's personal opinion. Its really nice that the VW owner (naveen.raju) is getting the service as per his requirements. The point I was trying to make is that even though VW is a "premium" brand and are definately charging their customers for the same, IMO their sales team does not really give a positive first impression to its customers which creates a big question mark about the future dealings with the company (read: after sales service).

@naveen.raju => if you are satisfied then there is no further discussion. I did not mean to offend anyone just gave my opinion and shared my experience with maruti and VW.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:13   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I am not criticising or commenting on anyone's personal opinion. Its really nice that the VW owner (naveen.raju) is getting the service as per his requirements. The point I was trying to make is that even though VW is a "premium" brand and are definately charging their customers for the same, IMO their sales team does not really give a positive first impression to its customers which creates a big question mark about the future dealings with the company (read: after sales service).

@naveen.raju => if you are satisfied then there is no further discussion. I did not mean to offend anyone just gave my opinion and shared my experience with maruti and VW.
No issues dude. Let the experience and comments keep flowing. Only that way new customers will get to know the brand. I just pointed out my side of the story. It all depends on the individual dealership. I was just talking about my experience here in VW cochin.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:57   #108
BHPian

One of my friend is looking to buy 3D Kagu mats for Vento from Cochin. Do you know a place from where he could get it?
Old 13th April 2011, 19:16   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

@S2- I agree completely- in fact my own sales experience was almost as bad as naveen's- only difference is I didn't have to wait as long! VW would be hard pressed to find a single buyer who booked his vehicle, went about his usual business and had his vehicle delivered on time. "Management by Exception" anyone?!!

@motorhead- what's so great about Kagu mats? Are they really 3D or is that just a bradning? And 3D in what sense?
Old 13th April 2011, 20:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have had horrible experiences with Maruti. Every time I go for a service, they mess up atleast one thing. It's still happening. And I see atleast one customer arguing everytime I go there. Not blaming Maruti here
(cos I drive a Swift also), might be because of the dealer. The same problem I experienced with Ford. But now, they are much better.

You are cent per cent right. Everytime I go to Maruti dealer service center they mess up things. True with almost all dealerships and I have real bad experiences.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th May 2011 at 03:18. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:13   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
One of my friend is looking to buy 3D Kagu mats for Vento from Cochin. Do you know a place from where he could get it?
I havent seen Kagu mats here in cochin before. The best place would be Emperor or Car Palace in Cochin.

[quote=rajeev k;2312709]
Quote:
I have had horrible experiences with Maruti. Every time I go for a service, they mess up atleast one thing. It's still happening. And I see atleast one customer arguing everytime I go there. Not blaming Maruti here
(cos I drive a Swift also), might be because of the dealer. The same problem I experienced with Ford. But now, they are much better.

You are cent per cent right. Everytime I go to Maruti dealer service center they mess up things. True with almost all dealerships and I have real bad experiences.
True. Things are getting better now but not great when compared to Ford/VW.
Old 14th April 2011, 12:53   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, planning for the art leathers for my Vento. The dealer quoted 8-10k for the entire installation. Is this a fair deal or should I go for other brands like Auto Form which would be less when compared to this?
Suggestions needed.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:44   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, planning for the art leathers for my Vento. The dealer quoted 8-10k for the entire installation. Is this a fair deal or should I go for other brands like Auto Form which would be less when compared to this?
Suggestions needed.
In Pune. tts 7k for art leather from the dealer.
I saw some after market art leathers, but personally i found the VW art leather looks better. I might go in for them
Old 14th April 2011, 15:50   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
In Pune. tts 7k for art leather from the dealer.
I saw some after market art leathers, but personally i found the VW art leather looks better. I might go in for them
Thanks for the info. Am planning to check them out this weekend and also other options. Will update once I finalize them.
Old 17th April 2011, 12:11   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I havent seen Kagu mats here in cochin before. The best place would be Emperor or Car Palace in Cochin.
Thanks dude. He checked at all places in Cochin including the above 2. Not available any where

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@motorhead- what's so great about Kagu mats? Are they really 3D or is that just a bradning? And 3D in what sense?
3D is just branding. Whats so great? - 1) Fits perfectly as its made for Vento. Most others, I have seen, moves around in the cabin. 2) Good material (at least from the experience so far. 3) Easy to clean. Use a wet cloth. 4) Dust doesn't go down, because it has side walls which fits to the corners. 5) Looks great, at least for my taste.

I will post a few more pics in my thread soon.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:12   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
1) Fits perfectly as its made for Vento. Most others, I have seen, moves around in the cabin. 2) Good material (at least from the experience so far. 3) Easy to clean. Use a wet cloth. 4) Dust doesn't go down, because it has side walls which fits to the corners. 5) Looks great, at least for my taste.
I was told by a service guy in VW service center that an executive from the company (I think from Taiwan) which makes Kagu 3D mats visited Bangalore and took all floor dimensions of Vento in the service center.

Also, I did a little research to find out who is actually manufacturing these mats & found out that the company is Formosa Saint Jose Corporation under the brand name 3D. The name 3D stands for: Deluxe, Designed, Distinguished. And of course it suits the design as all of their products are 3-dimensional. Here is a link to the KAGU 3D mats and also for all other products. BTW, "KAGU" is actually the material the mat is made of. I could see this in another site:

Quote:
KAGU TM means "Very durable" or "Last long life". We developed this patent pending material and patent pending process to make the revolutionary car floor mat both in custom size or universal size. It is totally environmentally friendly without PVC, plasticizer glue with no PAH's harmful elements. It is molded by a precise custom-fit mold.
Anyway, I am still struggling to get these mats for my car, as the latest import consignment is still stuck at Customs it seems (checked at Evo & Hot Tracks). Plz let me know if any of you guys know where it is currently available in Bangalore
Old 29th April 2011, 13:25   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i got velvet seats the same week. did not remove the plastic at all since i knew this was gonna happen. leather is just not for india in the heat. you need to have ac on full time which in my case is not possible at all times as im a sunroof person i like open things in night

Sunroof:

Pic please
  1. What brand ?
  2. Time ?
  3. Fit / finish ?
  4. How much on pocket ?
  5. Car Warranty ?
Old 11th May 2011, 11:42   #118
BHPian

@blackdiesel: Try Junction and Jayanagar 4th Blk, Phone:080 41462027
Old 25th May 2011, 16:51   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the coupons from VW today. Booked the slot for this Sat. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00564201105251640.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00565201105251640.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00566201105251641.jpg  

Old 25th May 2011, 22:12   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Got the coupons from VW today. Booked the slot for this Sat. Here are some pics.
Thats really cool! Was this being given to all those visiting the service station? Or they gave it when you asked for it?

Share with us the service activities they provide you when you visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks