Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 00:22   #121
BHPian

Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

I think i remember having read , that someone had it couriered or was it delivered, I am unsure, but yeah it was delivered at the residence I guess.
Old 26th May 2011, 09:23   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Thats really cool! Was this being given to all those visiting the service station? Or they gave it when you asked for it?

Share with us the service activities they provide you when you visit.
This was delivered to all existing VW customers not limited to Vento alone. I didnt ask for this. It's a summer camp conducted by VW dealers across the country. You should be getting it soon.

I have booked for this Sat. Will definitely update my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
I think i remember having read , that someone had it couriered or was it delivered, I am unsure, but yeah it was delivered at the residence I guess.
The dealer couriered it to my address. Called them as soon as I got it and they blocked a slot for my vento for this Sat. This covers water wash, AC checkup and other misc items. Said it's free but let's see whether its true.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:00   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the car after installing the art leather. Didnt go for branded ones since this felt a lot better to sit. Got everything done for 4k.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00572201105261843.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00576201105261844.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00579201105261852.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00580201105261852.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00581201105261852.jpg  

Old 26th May 2011, 19:52   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Got the car after installing the art leather. Didnt go for branded ones since this felt a lot better to sit. Got everything done for 4k.
Hey naveen. the seat covers look great. Although the perfect fit of the stanleys is missing( you can see the leather has lifted up a little at certain places) , but at 4k ,you have got yourself a fantastic deal. would you PM me the number and name of the guy you got this done from? I d probably pay him a visit.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:56   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Hey naveen. the seat covers look great. Although the perfect fit of the stanleys is missing( you can see the leather has lifted up a little at certain places) , but at 4k ,you have got yourself a fantastic deal. would you PM me the number and name of the guy you got this done from? I d probably pay him a visit.
True. The Stanley fit is definitely missing but worth the cash. Saw few Ventos with art leather from different shops and brands but wasnt comfortable to sit. Certainly a good deal overall. Will PM the details.
Old 27th May 2011, 09:24   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Thats really looking nice! Worth a deal for 4k! Did they have ready-made seat covers for Vento? BTW, I couldnt find the rear seat armrest. Looks like that is also covered with art leather?
Old 27th May 2011, 09:33   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Thats really looking nice! Worth a deal for 4k! Did they have ready-made seat covers for Vento? BTW, I couldnt find the rear seat armrest. Looks like that is also covered with art leather?
Yes, a good deal. They had readymade seats for the Vento. The owner said that many Vento owners are moving to art leathers in Cochin. Since most of them are money conscious, they are looking for something reasonable and functional. So they have readymade seats. Gave the order at 6PM, gave the car the next day 1PM and got the car at 5PM.

The rear armrest is covered with art leather, but they have provided an opening with a zip and the arm rest can be functional. That looks a bit weird and irritating to use but it's a job well done.

I was looking for something that's comfortable since my parents travel a lot in this car and after checking many Ventos with art leathers, I found this to be the best. 4k for the entire setup, am completely satisfied
Old 27th May 2011, 12:44   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

4K is unbelieveable! I thought good art leathers came for at least 7-8K for Vento.

I am very uncomfortable on anything other than pure fabric or pure leather so this was not an option for me. But this looks truly lovely.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 12:55   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
4K is unbelieveable! I thought good art leathers came for at least 7-8K for Vento.

I am very uncomfortable on anything other than pure fabric or pure leather so this was not an option for me. But this looks truly lovely.
Yes, had checked many of friends Ventos who did Stanley, art leathers from different shops and some from dealers. The art leathers came at min 7k and was very hard. I visited this shop and checked the material and it was very comfortable. Had planned in going for Autoform but when I saw this, I instantly booked it. Everything happened so quickly and got the car after 4 hours.

The only drawback is the rear armrest. It is covered now but can be accessed with the help of a zip. Kind of weird but works fine since the rear arm reats are seldom used.

Now waiting to give the car for summer check up tomo. Will update the stats tomo evening.
Old 28th May 2011, 16:09   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the car after the summer checkup. Here's a list of things done during the checkup.

1) Water wash with wax. (Interior cleaned)
2) AC check up
3) Fluids top up

And the car was completely checked for any problems. Work very well done.

Total cost - ZERO

Some pics. Sorry for the crappy pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00596201105281549.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00597201105281549.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00598201105281549.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00599201105281549.jpg  

Old 28th May 2011, 19:51   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Got the car after the summer checkup. Here's a list of things done during the checkup.

1) Water wash with wax. (Interior cleaned)
2) AC check up
3) Fluids top up

And the car was completely checked for any problems. Work very well done.

Total cost - ZERO

Some pics. Sorry for the crappy pics.
Thats nice! looks like VW is taking few steps in improving their service. Good.
Hope I will also get the coupons for my car
Old 26th June 2011, 20:27   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I am not criticising or commenting on anyone's personal opinion. Its really nice that the VW owner (naveen.raju) is getting the service as per his requirements. The point I was trying to make is that even though VW is a "premium" brand and are definately charging their customers for the same, IMO their sales team does not really give a positive first impression to its customers which creates a big question mark about the future dealings with the company (read: after sales service).

@naveen.raju => if you are satisfied then there is no further discussion. I did not mean to offend anyone just gave my opinion and shared my experience with maruti and VW.
Well, more than the company i guess it is the dealer which matters. I went to Vidyut motors(VW) in Pune and came out promising that I will never buy a VW!! Next, I went to FIAT Pandit auto with booking amt and again came back empty handed; careless and adamant attitude!!
Then, almost two months later i saw an ad declaring that BU Bhandari is now VW!! Went to the showroom, was immediately attended by a SR. Wanted a TD; but since the vehicle had already gone for a TD, in the mean time was briefed about the features and pricing. The car was back, immediately went for a TD!! As usual, blown away by the car. Came back from the TD, booked the car and the wait began.
I kept calling my SR after every 10-15 days and always was courteous and polite. Now the car is here, will get my hands on it on the 29th!!
Although both the dealers had same price and no accessories deal, in fact BU Bhandari is relatively far compared to Vidyut but it was he whole showroom exp which changed my mind.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:31   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

This is what happened today. Thanks to a careless biker. The crack is pretty evident even though the pic isnt clear.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img00671201106301613.jpg  

Old 30th June 2011, 17:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what happened today. Thanks to a careless biker. The crack is pretty evident even though the pic isnt clear.
darn ! hope the bulbs are okay . The front bumper of my car got a black scar from a biker who came too close and toppled over , one of the foot pedals brushed against the bumper. It defies all logic when these 2 wheelers try to fill every nook and corner in an already jam packed road , I doubt whether they gain even 5 seconds in life through that action.

Maybe you can check with the dealer if he can replace the cover "complimentary" during the monsoon check-up . VW is on a goodwill hunting mission , thus they may yield that bit of favour to you
Old 30th June 2011, 18:13   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
darn ! hope the bulbs are okay . The front bumper of my car got a black scar from a biker who came too close and toppled over , one of the foot pedals brushed against the bumper. It defies all logic when these 2 wheelers try to fill every nook and corner in an already jam packed road , I doubt whether they gain even 5 seconds in life through that action.

Maybe you can check with the dealer if he can replace the cover "complimentary" during the monsoon check-up . VW is on a goodwill hunting mission , thus they may yield that bit of favour to you
Bulbs are okay and they are working fine. Am already done with the monsoon checkup. Maybe I will check during the service. Car clocked 11k. Although my Swift takes a lot of beatings, this is the first time on the Vento. So a bit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks