Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 14:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-jet-mahi View Post
Congratulations naveen.raju, after all the misery of waiting for so long, you can now enjoy the beast. Wish you many happy miles and have a safe drive.
Thanks a lot.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car Naveen

Wishing you many a happy miles with your new car.
Thanks a lot.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Congrats Brother !!

May you and your 'brand new' German wife have a blissful life ahead ! Hopefully your 1st 'desi' wife (swift) will get along with your 2nd German make.

Monogamy is a curse to men, but we all still get to enjoy polygamy in the form of such fetishes, provided you can afford it.

P.S : Naveen, congrats on your 'actual' engagement and may you have a blissful married life ahead !
Thanks a lot dude.. Yes, My desi baby is growling when she saw the german beast. But will come over it.
Hey, thanks for that too.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Congargulations Naveen for your new VENTO.Wishing you miles and miles of safe,trouble free and a joyous ride
Thanks a lot.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Congratulations Naveen!
This definitely was the most waited Vento on TBHP!

glad that you are satisfied with the car, and happy to find out that I ddnt make a wrong choice!

Post some more pictures of the interior
Thanks a lot.! sure, took all these with my phone cam. Will take some good pics of the interiors soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Naveen!

Looks like they have greatly focused on small things.

Hope you have some long trips planned.

Safe and happy riding!
Thanks a lot.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Enjoy a great journey with stylish new Vento.
Provide some info on the price.
Thanks a lot.!
On road price - 10.49L
Accessories - 4k (transparent floor mats, mud flaps, 4 door sills)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Congrats Naveen!! VENTO looks gorgeous.

The most anticipating issue with VW cars is their Service. Hope aal goes wel with A.S.S issues.
Thanks a lot.! Yes. But thankfully, the 1st pitstop is at 15k or 1yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congrats Naveen. Wish you a million miles of happiness with the VW.
Thanks a lot.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
There you go Naveen. Atlast you got the Vento. Congrats bro and those are really nice pictures, but would like see more of vento .
Anyways , wanted to check regarding this " 5) I banged my head while getting inside the driver seat. (roofline is too low)", is it really that low.
Im 6'3 and i have banged my head a couple of time while getting into my Ritz , so will this be a porblem for me if a consider going for a vento down the line .

Cheers and drive safe.
Thanks a lot.! Definitely. I will post some better pics soon.
Yes, the roof line is too low. I shall post the pics when parked near my swift. Am 5.11 and I banged my head twice. Even my dad, whose 5.8 banged his head. Even the front armrest is irritating in city conditions. Found it impossible to clip the seat belts when the armrest is down. It's useful for highway drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations Naveen & a good write-up on your decision of zeroing in on the Vento. But I am amazed why didn't you consider the Linea multijet or was it that the Vento specs & the overwhelming review by GTO completely floored you? Nevertheless good choice & I am sure you would enjoy every bit of it. It would be great if you can find the Vento spare parts' costs from the dealer & share with us (as of now there is lot of speculation @ the same). Also please do share with us your city & highway driving experience.
Thanks a lot.! I wanted a diesel and GTO's report completely floored me. I check the teambhp report only such kinda decisions. And I think I made the right choice. The city drive was amazing. I managed to drive in 4th gear in city and the acceleraion was amazing. When compared to my swift, the acceleration of the Vento in 4th gear is like the 2nd gear of the swift.Simply amazing. Going for a long drive this weekend. Will share my experience.

The accessories list is posted above. I shall keep the thread updated with the various price.

Going in for the no plates and 3M sun films today. Will post the pics.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Vento! Looks good in white.

I'll keep my eye out for a White Vento TDI from now on.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:36   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Congrats on the car Naveen.

Is the number shown on the temp plates the real number? My car bought 4 months back has a number very close to this one, just curious. Or did you book this number in advance?

Have fun and update the thread with your ownership experiences.
Thanks a lot.! Yes, that's the real no. Had booked it few months back.
Will keep the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Congrats, enjoy your drive. My two small issues with the car

The horn is a little inaccessible from the rim of the steering, you need to stretch your thumb or lift your hand to play it.

They could have given bigger controls for the auto climate.
Thanks a lot.!
Yes, these are some of the small things that irritates the most. But, i found one thing really bad. No back light for the climate control. You will have to switch on the park light to see the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Congrats Naveen! Finally the car has reached destination after long time. Must have been a hard time for the VW guys to see off the car.

What about the leather seats and other accessories you were planning to install?

Did you book the number before hand? IIRC, BP regn. has reached 9000 series, if not BQ has started.

Happy driving!

- Jose.
Thanks a lot.! I didnt think they had any hard time .
Checked out Stanley Leather. Planning to wait for sometime before going in for the seats. Will get the no plates and 3M tints today. Also, have to check some floor mats. The interiors are too light for our conditions. And the mat they provided will not serve the purpose.
Yes, booked the no in advance.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:36   #19
BHPian

Congrats Bro ! very nice car to have ! nice choice of the white color, sexy headlights. point no. 10 & 11 also exist in the skoda cars, and even the ford figo engages the locks once started rolling.

but seriously, i dont understand whats the profit of designing the door locks which can be opened just by pulling the lever twice, a few days back, i was travelling with my family in my Skoda Laura L&K when accidently, my two year old son, while on her mother's lap, pulled the door handle twice and the door was open. fortunately, i was at very low speed at that time and no one was on that side of the door. this point applied for all the four doors. On the first pull, the locks disengages and the second pull opens the door.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th December 2010 at 23:14. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 9th December 2010, 15:02   #20
BHPian

Congrats and nice choice of color. when are you visiting bangalore?
Old 9th December 2010, 15:04   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Congrats on your new Vento! Looks good in white.

I'll keep my eye out for a White Vento TDI from now on.
Thanks a lot.! But watch out the TeamBHP sticker on the rear glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Congrats Bro !
very nice car to have ! nice choice of the white color , sexy headlights ;
point no. 10 & 11 also exist in the skoda cars , and even the ford figo engages the locks once started rolling.
Thanks a lot.! Yep, few things which could have made the car even better.
Old 9th December 2010, 15:23   #22
BHPian

And finally .You got it .Congrats for your new ride.Any plans for spicing up like your swift ??
Drive safe
Sreehari

Last edited by shk 8896 : 9th December 2010 at 15:24. Reason: spelling
Old 9th December 2010, 15:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the new vehicle. It is clearly the best diesel sedan under 10l available in the country today.

Can you get an info for me. If I go for the vehicle, I would like to install a couple of mods other than leather seats. Like Projector/Xenon headlamps to cover for the slightly bland looks. Just like http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ide-visor.html. Can you check if this will void the warranty?? It may not sound very serious, but it could be one of the swaying factors in my car buying decision.
Old 9th December 2010, 15:34   #24
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations on your VW (Vento - White). Hope our next meet will more bouncy with new member. Have great ride.
Old 9th December 2010, 16:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey Naveen

Heartiest Congrats! White looks stunning on the Vento.

Finally your agonizing wait is over. But, once you take the wheel in your hand, all that agony disappears in a flash.

Just wanted to know about the performance of the stock music system. Since yours is a Highline, could you please mention the quality of output from the stock music system? Do you recommend an upgrade?

Secondly, is the hump in the rear really a problem for the 5th passenger in the middle?

Congrats again. Wishing you many happy KMs with this beauty.
Old 9th December 2010, 19:30   #26
BHPian

congrats Naveen. Why do not go for Garware film, the company guys do a direct install..i got it from my linea, u have lot of color options. Do post long drive review.
Old 9th December 2010, 21:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Finally after waiting for 4 months and countless number of calls and arguments, got my hands on the much awaited Vento. Finally, they kept their promise and delivered the car at the right date and time.

Also added the TeamBHP sticker onto the car. Guess, the first Vento sporting Teambhp stickers.

Will keep the thread updated.
Congrats Naveen, fantastic looking car and the wait seems to have been worthwhile...I wish they had made up for the delays by giving some more freebies, especially since you know the GM.

Drive Safe and look forward to hearing more on your experience with your new ride.

Cheers
Uday
Old 9th December 2010, 22:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
11) Automatic lock when car starts to run. (guess there was a doubt regarding this in the forum. Many said this option wasnt there.) But locking is completely useless since we can manually open the door without even unlocking it.
Hey First of all congratulations. It has been an agonizing wait even for even other TBHPians .

Hey what do you mean by that point number 11. Can you elaborate on it? How can you open the door without actually unlocking it? If that is true then is it a stupid mistake on VW's part or does it serve any purpose?
Old 10th December 2010, 00:02   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Going for a long drive this weekend. Will share my experience.
Long drives there (highways) would be slow drives I guess . Why not take her to some curves and hair pins this weekend?. Probably the best itself - Thekkady-Munnar stretch

On the car, so do you mean to say that it locks automatically when you turn the ignition on?. I tried this in the TD car and it didn't work. May be its loaded well now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33;
i was travelling with my family in my Skoda Laura L&K when accidently, my two year old son, while on her mother's lap, pulled the door handle twice and the door was open
In Vento, does it open in 1 pull or 2?
Old 10th December 2010, 00:11   #30
BHPian

New member to our family. Congrats bro.

Have you sorted off the seat cover issue?

Happy miles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks