Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 16:34   #61
BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
I own a Siena 1.6EL and a PalioNV 1.2 and am examining buying the Linea T-Jet and I have enjoyed reading this very informative thread. Unfortunately, the feedback from the Fiat Mumbai showroom indicates that the T-Jet is not selling as per FIAT's expectations. The test drive of the T-Jet was superb and all the participants on this thread also share the same driving experience.
Yes. Two main reasons that i can attribute to poor sales in the following oder:

1. People think that the T-jet will be a guzzler as all old FIATs. Actually its not the case. I have been getting 11-11.5 so far and I have not crossed 2000kms yet.. so not even the 1st service is done and I am sure the mileage will improve after 5k or so..
2. After Sales, service and Resale (A.S.S - perceived)

I think the sales will pick up after some time. Lets wait and see...

W.r.t Resale, I got 6.2 after 30k on ODO (after 1.5 yrs) and the OTR when I got was 8..I think its a fairly good re-sale..

Fiinally I bought the T-Jet because I liked it!

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 19th January 2011 at 16:50.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Sathya

A little OT:

I must say that you've been very very active and vocal on this thread. It really shows a very high level of passion that you have with your cars. I must also admire the way you handle the critics and the praisers in a very balanced manner.

I wish you a very healthy and long life with the T Jet.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:09   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Yes. Two main reasons that i can attribute to poor sales in the following oder:

1. People think that the T-jet will be a guzzler as all old FIATs. Actually its not the case. I have been getting 11-11.5 so far and I have not crossed 2000kms yet.. so not even the 1st service is done and I am sure the mileage will improve after 5k or so..
2. After Sales, service and Resale (A.S.S - perceived)

I think the sales will pick up after some time. Lets wait and see...

W.r.t Resale, I got 6.2 after 30k on ODO (after 1.5 yrs) and the OTR when I got was 8..I think its a fairly good re-sale..

Fiinally I bought the T-Jet because I liked it!
According the the Fiat salesperson, T-Jet sales were poor because i. it is more expensive than the diesel Linea and ii. It is around Rs2 lakhs more expensive than the old petrol Linea for the similar features (barring engine offcourse - meant for non-driving owners). The December Linea sales also revealed very poor deliveries to dealers and most may have been the old Lineas.

Fiat is also giving around Rs50,000-55,000 discount for the 2010 Linea T-Jet cars.
Old 20th January 2011, 23:44   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
According the the Fiat salesperson, T-Jet sales were poor because i. it is more expensive than the diesel Linea and ii. It is around Rs2 lakhs more expensive than the old petrol Linea for the similar features (barring engine offcourse - meant for non-driving owners). The December Linea sales also revealed very poor deliveries to dealers and most may have been the old Lineas.

Fiat is also giving around Rs50,000-55,000 discount for the 2010 Linea T-Jet cars.
Ajay: Thanks man!

Panzer: 50k for T-Jet sounds terrific VFM.

On a lighter note, people expect a powerful engine which can probably beat a BMW with almost all the features of a RR and still expect it to be priced at 8 Lakhs. I only pity them for fooling themselves.

I am sure - Everytime they see a T-Jet, they will definitely feel whether they made the right choice!

All I can say is I am enjoying the Jet and, I rule the road when I am on my Jet.

Ok, here comes the main part:

Today, she was taken to a doctor for a vocal cord surgery and the outcome was successful.

I upgraded the speakers to the following:

Front: Hertz DSK 165 Comp
Rear: Hertz ECX 165 Co-ax
Amp: No
Sub: No

Place: Velachery - Sharp Sound Systems - Mr.Sathish
Professional Installer - Yes
Listens to feedback and is very patient.

Outcome - I love it! Its awesome. I am back with all those songs with deep bass

Point for other Linea owners who are planning to upgrade their music system:The HU as such is good and can handle and power a comp without any problems. And one more thing, Hertz Comps are one of the best for Bass lovers and can be powered without an AMP and still can deliver superior results.

Fingers crossed that the upgrade should not lead to any other complications - Yes, I mean rattling. Anyhow, no worries, since the installer has committed that he will take care even if some rattling crops up because of some reasons.

As of now, she is fine and back home. As I write this, she is sleeping and I am mesmerized with her beautiful lines.

Sorry guys, I didnt take any pics.. My Cellphone ran out of charge and I noticed it only after reaching the Car Audio place.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 17:38. Reason: extra smiley removed.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
some questions for Linea owners.. please clarify:

1. Generally after a short or a long spin, when my car comes to a halt, the engine fan in the car runs fast and creates some (read loud) noise for close to 5-10 seconds before again the engine becomes super silent. is this a normal phenomenon? or is my Jet only having this character? i checked the engine heat.. everything seems normal though in the speedo console.

2. I have not recieved the extended warranty booklet as yet. How is it given.. Whether we will receive a booklet or a paper or...??
@Sathya-
1. Fan thing is normal. The same loudness is there in my Palio also. Somehwhere I have read that the thermostat switch in Fiat cars are tuned to lower temperatures and thats why the fan turns on more frequently.

2. I believe while taken the delivery they will given you one A4 size print our which has some details. That is all I have for extended waranty. Sometimes Fiat way of working resembles Post office/SBI/LIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The low light pictures are stunning, they really bring the Linea's curves out. Congrats on a true driving machine, Sathya, and I hope my test report helped you in whatever little way to choose this car. In terms of driving pleasure, there's few sub-10 lakh cars that come close to the T-Jet. Heck, I won't even hesitate before calling it a 9 lakh rupee Skoda vRS.

Drive safe will ya!
GTO, I have bought my car ONLY based on your review.

Quote:
Yes. Admiration Gauranteed!

Top speed should be upside 190.. I am expecting a speedo indicated 200/205 types... Since the power is slightly less than the Europe one, I expect a marginal reduction in Top End as well (may not do a speedo indicated 220 as the european ones)

PS: I remember seeing 3 to 4 You Tube videos with a speedo indicated 220 in the 120PS T-Jet. I think the Video will read "Linea T-Jet - Final".. I dont remember exactly..
For Indian version, the speed is governed. It is limited to 180 kmph. And seeing the density on road I dont think that is reachable. The other weekend I went to Mysore at an average spped of 40 kmph on highway.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 21st January 2011 at 15:59.
Old 21st January 2011, 16:43   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
@Sathya-
For Indian version, the speed is governed. It is limited to 180 kmph. And seeing the density on road I dont think that is reachable. The other weekend I went to Mysore at an average spped of 40 kmph on highway.
Thanks speed pujari for the clarifications..

On the Top Speed,

FIAT India claims Top speed as 186, Auto car estimates 191 and Overdrive at 187 and Auto Bild at 190 (I remember reading the Auto Bild stuff is true read), motoroids - 190

However I know they many not be true reads. thanks to the inaccurate speedo.

Off Note - One of the trips to my native, my avg speed was 96km/hr (for close to 550kms).

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited to remove high speed driving discussion. Please refrain from posting text or images on speeds which are over and above the legal limits.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 17:43. Reason: high speed driving discussion edited
Old 21st January 2011, 17:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

IMO, the MID data in the Linea/GP is more precise than most cars I have driven.

I was checking the speedo error compared to the GPS data in a Linea 1.4 compared to that of my Fiesta 1.6. The Linea was comfortably cruising at 140 on the speedo with a GPS speed of 135 odd. The same case in my Fiesta, the speedo was showing 180 whereas I was actually cruising at a GPS based data of 165 :-(
Old 21st January 2011, 17:21   #68
BHPian

Hi Sathya,

I have some queries regarding your ICE update.
1. Have you done any damping on doors?
2. Does Hertz tweeter can fix in the stock tweeter location of linea?
3. Have you put any spacer ring for speakers?

Thanks
Sudhakar
Old 21st January 2011, 17:49   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
IMO, the MID data in the Linea/GP is more precise than most cars I have driven.

I was checking the speedo error compared to the GPS data in a Linea 1.4 compared to that of my Fiesta 1.6. The Linea was comfortably cruising at 140 on the speedo with a GPS speed of 135 odd. The same case in my Fiesta, the speedo was showing 180 whereas I was actually cruising at a GPS based data of 165 :-(
Even I noticed the diff. with my friends GPS once..the error was 6km/hr in my MJD.. Not sure about the speedo error in my Jet though. I heard (have not checked myself) that the error must be minimal since the original size tyres in Europe is 205/55/16 and it is the same here as well in the T-Jet. However i need to check the error margin in my Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
Hi Sathya,

I have some queries regarding your ICE update.
1. Have you done any damping on doors?
2. Does Hertz tweeter can fix in the stock tweeter location of linea?
3. Have you put any spacer ring for speakers?
1. Damping - No. I will wait and do it if required.
2. Tweeter does not fit. It is actually small than the OEM tweeter. It was fixed with a "Thar" like paste on the door pad. Actually that is the only thing I wasn't too comfortable in the overall installation. However it has not created any issues. the installer said that, if required, we can drill and fix in the door metal rather than on the door pad. I will wait and watch and change if required.
3. Yes, spacer ring was put.

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 21st January 2011 at 17:56.
Old 23rd January 2011, 21:48   #70
BHPian

1800 Kms and 3 weeks with her!

1800 Kms update:

Been with my Jet for 3 weeks and now its with 1800+kms on the ODO.
Overall observations-

Style - 4.5/5
Power - 4/5 (There is no end for want of power.. isnt?)
Ride - 4/5
Handling - 4.5/5
Fuel Eff: 3/5 ( I was driving the MJD before!!)
Overall - 4/5

I would have given 4.5/5 for my Linea MJD.

Yesterday, I went for a 319.7 km highway spin to Cuddalore from Chennai and back:

Some Statistics:

Kms: 319.7km
Avg Consumtion: 13.1km/lt
Avg Speed: 68km/hr
Consitantly had her over 3000RPM @ 5th gear during return trip.
Ongoing trip was damn hectic because of congestion in the Highway and Pondy to Cuddalore was just too bad.. Too much traffic for a highway.

Now I have given up on the run-in (anyway she has crossed 1800kms). Have started to exhibit my original driving style.

Positives:
Good looks
Awesome acceleration
Good handling
Balanced ride
All Gizmos especially pairing my phone with her.. Its extremely useful for me! and I enjoy using it everyday.

Negatives:
Somehow, not getting the same feel as my MJD. Linea MJD was EXTREMELY calm and composed however I drive her. I feel MJD just glues itself to the road. I can recall many of the moments where it has not let me down even in situations of extreme panic and emergency. I can just say, no other car (under 10L) could have done that.

I can say, "as of now", T-jet finds it difficult to replace to my MJD's place.. but she is trying hard.

For e.g. T-Jet slightly scares me and my family at higher speeds (or acceleration???) when compared to MJD. Unable to understand why, even I am feeling that way, eventhough the car is well planted, handles corners at high speeds without any fuss. But still, I miss something that my MJD had which I am UNABLE to understand.

My family kind of attributes the negatives to only two factors:

1. Height of the car (compared to MJD)
2. The acceleration is heavy when the turbo steps in and they kind of get scared with it and with the way she gains speed. (again compared to MJD/SWIFT - my previous cars)

But, I am still guessing why I am not getting the same feel as my MJD. May be, the steering was a little heavy than the T-Jet.

By the way, my bonnet saw a scratch and I had to fix it with Com Paint (I used the one for Mahindra (MM code and it matched perfectly with Linea's Bossa Nove White color). I am happy with the results and the scratch has become invisible (99%). Otherwise things have been fine in all aspects and I am trying to settle with her.

Oh no.. onemore thing, her belly scraped very badly today. My heart literally stopped beating. The car was like a SeeSaw for a few minutes.I drove carelessly and the mistake is completely on me. Can't really complain on her. i took her to a Tyre shop and checked the chasis and it was fine. THANKS A TON TO THE SUMP GAURD. If it would have been any other car, i am sure, something would have blown away and would have created major issues. This is also one of the major reasons (metal engine gaurd) why I chose her over the competition. May be a small thing, but really helps big time.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 23rd January 2011 at 22:00. Reason: Typo..
Old 25th January 2011, 18:50   #71
BHPian

Quote:

I upgraded the speakers to the following:

Front: Hertz DSK 165 Comp
Rear: Hertz ECX 165 Co-ax
Amp: No
Sub: No
Hi Sathya, thanks for the sharing the details of your upgrade. Can you share how much did the upgrade cost and are there any implications on the warranty.

Thanks and Regards
Balram
Old 25th January 2011, 19:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbraju View Post
Hi Sathya, thanks for the sharing the details of your upgrade. Can you share how much did the upgrade cost and are there any implications on the warranty.

Thanks and Regards
Balram
Total cost was 10.5 K and no implications on Warranty since it was only a speaker upgrade... checked with the SC (TASS) also..
Old 26th January 2011, 00:09   #73
BHPian

Guys some help pls.

I need suggestions on some adhesive that will stick plastic to metal permenantly.. or atleast very very strong that it does not come off due to moisture or high temperatures or vibration...

The purpose is to stick my cross-overs to the doors since I am not able to screw them to the metal (no provision). the cross overs keep falling off and I need a solution to stick them permenantly to the door metal..

pls let me know which adhesive I must buy..

Sathya
Old 26th January 2011, 02:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can say, "as of now", T-jet finds it difficult to replace to my MJD's place.. but she is trying hard.
Same thing happened with me. When I tried my hands on someone else Zen, everything was feeling so out of place. I was not able to have the same confidence I have with my car. Although my car had clocked 5X more kms.

It will take some getting used to.
IMO T-jet should handle better. Wider tyres, stiffer suspension and 4 disc brakes.

Quote:
Guys some help pls.

I need suggestions on some adhesive that will stick plastic to metal permenantly.. or atleast very very strong that it does not come off due to moisture or high temperatures or vibration...

The purpose is to stick my cross-overs to the doors since I am not able to screw them to the metal (no provision). the cross overs keep falling off and I need a solution to stick them permenantly to the door metal..

pls let me know which adhesive I must buy..

Sathya
You can try araldite. It is a kind of a bonding element. But completely permanent.
If you want something of a temporary sort try using sealant. (used for engine sump / chain covers).
Old 27th January 2011, 12:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
You can try araldite. It is a kind of a bonding element. But completely permanent.
If you want something of a temporary sort try using sealant. (used for engine sump / chain covers).
This thing has got sorted out.. SInce the Cross Overs were small and light, they were tagged with the wires and taped.. So no more sticking.. All fine now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks