Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2011, 11:01   #46
BANNED

Re: The Wind is here - VW Vento AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Car look beautiful with the audio HU installed. Is the screen or something detachable, would be worried about people trying to steal.

Did you have to buy the 2 DIN adaptor to install the Pioneer. Are these audio systems available in India?
all these units are available in india as well just a little more expensive.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:12   #47
BANNED

tankful almost over. any ideas as to how to fix the crack in the bumper. i dont want to get into the opening business just as yet ?
Old 20th April 2011, 12:20   #48
BANNED

1100 kms up, mileage readings around 9 to 12, depending who and drives it how. have got max upto 14 till now i have stopped driving the car. still figuring out how to fix the crack in the bumper without opening the clips. vw quoting 4k for new bumper and 7k to paint the damn thing.
Old 15th May 2011, 18:21   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
so ordered a pioneer 3200 should be arriving from USA on tuesday. have to buy the panel for the same and the adapters. stock speakers remain the same for now. no other mods besides the tire change if i get them on monday. if not im dumping that idea too since ive lost patience. just added carpets since VW is cheap not to provide them and seat covers in velvet will take pics of the same tomorrow.
Hi Jesal,

Congrates on the new accusation.

can you please tell me the cost of the panel incurred by you.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:12   #50
BANNED

the pioneer HU cost me $350. had it carried from a friend in states. no duty and all that rubbish. initially i was going for witson but backed out thinking if something goes wrong how and who will fix it. so i played safe and ordered this unit. i did not want a 4200 since it would not be a flush fit and i wanted all connections in the front face itself. this was a clean flush fit. no wires were cut just joined together. there was a relay installed to play video while driving. worry is that i noticed my dad driving and watching movies together now. car is in daily use now. 2000 kms are up. few marks here and there thanks to the morons on the road. car is no more virgin new. one small annoying noise from front right i cant figure out neither can VW itself. all in all good car. mileage best till now is 14 and worst is 7.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
the pioneer HU cost me $350. had it carried from a friend in states. no duty and all that rubbish. initially i was going for witson but backed out thinking if something goes wrong how and who will fix it. so i played safe and ordered this unit. i did not want a 4200 since it would not be a flush fit and i wanted all connections in the front face itself. this was a clean flush fit. no wires were cut just joined together. there was a relay installed to play video while driving. worry is that i noticed my dad driving and watching movies together now. car is in daily use now. 2000 kms are up. few marks here and there thanks to the morons on the road. car is no more virgin new. one small annoying noise from front right i cant figure out neither can VW itself. all in all good car. mileage best till now is 14 and worst is 7.
Great hearing from you Jesal. Need to change my HU asap. So frustrated as i am unable to find a suitable one & may have to compromise on some features. FE is not an issue, the driving comfort is all that matters in our city. Good that your car is being used daily now.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Jesal does your HU support tuning the FM in both odd and even frequencies? Any workarounds known by you if it doesn't?
I have a Pioneer 3200UB here in US and may carry it back to India if I can find a cheap way to make it tune to both odd and even fm stations.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:26   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Great hearing from you Jesal. Need to change my HU asap. So frustrated as i am unable to find a suitable one & may have to compromise on some features. FE is not an issue, the driving comfort is all that matters in our city. Good that your car is being used daily now.
sup, im not worried about the fuel either. just thought it would help some. hows your car doing. youve been spending a lot on it out of the box. hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Jesal does your HU support tuning the FM in both odd and even frequencies? Any workarounds known by you if it doesn't?
I have a Pioneer 3200UB here in US and may carry it back to India if I can find a cheap way to make it tune to both odd and even fm stations.
all radio channels work, its not like before. there are 8 odd channels here and all work just fine.
Old 25th May 2011, 11:53   #54
BANNED

how many vento owners have that black grime coming out of the front tires, its damn annoying. vw says its kind of some coating and its normal but i find it stupid since it ruins the place youre parking on.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:42   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
how many vento owners have that black grime coming out of the front tires, its damn annoying. vw says its kind of some coating and its normal but i find it stupid since it ruins the place youre parking on.
I have noticed that. This is quite common. Had this on My fiesta too and now on the Vento. Swift is much better I guess but I always keep my alloys on my Swift spanking new. So maybe that's why i dont notice on the swift.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:11   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have noticed that. This is quite common. Had this on My fiesta too and now on the Vento. Swift is much better I guess but I always keep my alloys on my Swift spanking new. So maybe that's why i dont notice on the swift.
my civic or city or i10 never leaked this crap. why vw. also something has gone loose in front right. i hate the small rattle. most people wont notice it but drives me crazy. also while braking from stop to go the noise is loud. very annoying. adds to the 2 things i dint like about the car when i bought it.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:20   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
my civic or city or i10 never leaked this crap. why vw. also something has gone loose in front right. i hate the small rattle. most people wont notice it but drives me crazy. also while braking from stop to go the noise is loud. very annoying. adds to the 2 things i dint like about the car when i bought it.
I think it's got something to do with diesel cars. That's what I noticed since all my cars are diesel. But this is actually coming from the brakes so my point is not valid. Also this is quite noticeable in new cars.
Old 25th May 2011, 15:36   #58
BANNED

but all of mine are petrol. mine is vento at petrol mate. then too ?
Old 25th May 2011, 16:55   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but all of mine are petrol. mine is vento at petrol mate. then too ?
Oh. This is definitely from the brakes. There is nothing to worry about. This should be fine after clocking some clicks. Dont think the dealer can help you out on this. Had approached them when I noticed this in my Fiesta.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:11   #60
BANNED

Quote:
It is most likely dust from the disc pads. make sure they are not rubbing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks