Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 12:28   #76
BANNED

Re: The Wind is here - VW Vento AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats, DSG I'm assuming? Post some more pics of it. Looks to be in great shape.
actually you gonna presume from my automatic reputation that its a DSG but its a 6 speed manual TSI . its a 2010 full spec manual. all the possible bells and whistles which the 3 and C do not have. in love with the damn thing.
Old 11th December 2011, 17:58   #77
BANNED

what are good speakers to buy as of now ? i am fedup with the crap given by VW, no sound quality, im so used to civics awesome basic ice now. this is horrid. 4 speakers change. are amp and woofer cheap now? i already have a pioneer HU
Old 12th December 2011, 10:21   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
what are good speakers to buy as of now ? i am fedup with the crap given by VW, no sound quality, im so used to civics awesome basic ice now. this is horrid. 4 speakers change. are amp and woofer cheap now? i already have a pioneer HU
Dood, i got the speakers changed alongwith a 10" sub & 4-ch amp. Check out my thread. If you want details, i can message you.
Old 12th December 2011, 11:14   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Dood, i got the speakers changed alongwith a 10" sub & 4-ch amp. Check out my thread. If you want details, i can message you.
i did see yours, forgot to ask you after that please let me know the cost of all and place.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:05   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

I will upgrade after warranty but are your speakers as bad as you are saying? Mine are actually quite good- a friend of mine was riding with me and commented that the VW setup sound better than the Rockford Fosgates I have front and back on my Swift (I tend to agree). Something to do with the positioning of the speakers, which are perfect.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:07   #81
BHPian

Quote:
i did see yours, forgot to ask you after that please let me know the cost of all and place.
I will post a scan of the invoice on my thread in some time, you can go through it to know the break up cost. It came to approximately 25k for changing all 4 speakers, Sub (with Box) & Amp. He did not buy back the OEM VW speakers though.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:32   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I will upgrade after warranty but are your speakers as bad as you are saying? Mine are actually quite good- a friend of mine was riding with me and commented that the VW setup sound better than the Rockford Fosgates I have front and back on my Swift (I tend to agree). Something to do with the positioning of the speakers, which are perfect.
i dont think so. do u listen to english or hindi ? my dads music plays fine but when mine comes on its a night mare. only cars above 15 lak have good sounding stock systems. under that its eall crap. english beats dont just play well. after the civic this seems utter rubbish. i dont care about warranty bit since they cant take mine away. have good contacts in vw now. 2 cars been going there now
Old 12th December 2011, 13:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Quote:
only cars above 15 lakh have good sounding stock systems. under that its all crap
Anoop, i tend to agree with Jesal here. you will realise the difference once you get the OEM speakers changed to more powerful ones. Listen to U2, CCR, Buddy Holly, Led Zep, Smokie, ZZ Top, REM, AC/DC, Metallica, Cliff Richard, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bob Marley, Classical Mozart and you will know the difference. A world of it.

My entire setup is now Blaupunkt. HU (NY 800), Speakers, Amp & Sub. All the way.

*EDIT*
Ya Jesal, the Blaupunkt showroom (Auto Sonics India Pvt. Ltd.) is on S. V. Road, the building is right between Shroff Eye Hospital & Movie Time Suburbia (Behind Shopper's Stop). There you can meet Mr. Raja. His mobile number is +91-99303-10904.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 12th December 2011 at 14:06.
Old 12th December 2011, 14:10   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Am not debating that a custom setup would beat the stock HU guys, just that the OE isn't as bad as a car typically is. And for some reason the Rockford Fosgates in my Swift don't sound as good as I expected them to (may well be a setup issue).

@Amey and @subodh have very good ICE installed in their Ventos. I would be stupid if I said my stock speakers sound anywhere close to what they get

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks