Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 12:32   #1651
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
OMG! Akshay is this in Chandigarh? Oh God give me strength to see all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
what i feel is, it should be the product which speak to you and convince you and not people around it.
Product is speaking about its positives / negatives through its owners. No person concerned with the product is involved in convincing the owners to make false statements / claims on the forum (I can proudly state this on my behalf). Need to make this clear here once and for all.

Please exercise discretion while making such sweeping remarks. If you have to point fingers, come out in the open rather than making such generic statements. Those who have interacted with me know me better. I hope you understand.

Spike
Old 10th May 2011, 12:35   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
OMG! Akshay is this in Chandigarh? Oh God give me strength to see all this.

Product is speaking about its positives / negatives through its owners. No person concerned with the product is involved in convincing the owners to make false statements / claims on the forum (I can proudly state this on my behalf). Need to make this clear here once and for all.

Please exercise discretion while making such sweeping remarks. If you have to point fingers, come out in the open rather than making such generic statements. Those who have interacted with me know me better. I hope you understand.

Spike
@Spikey,no, this one was clicked in NCR at some mahindra dealer,by a thar owner.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:39   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I wonder,how difficult would it be to relocate the fan behind the grill.
Guess one needs to remove the radiator to fix the fan inside..An expert could do it in 30 minutes

Quote:
Product is speaking about its positives / negatives through its owners.
Spike - Chill - No need to get aggressive or angry about a product where you have been actively involved in development.

Criticisms are to be accepted positively for a positive change! After all change is good and inevitable
Old 10th May 2011, 12:43   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Spikey,no, this one was clicked in NCR at some mahindra dealer,by a thar owner.
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Criticisms are to be accepted positively for a positive change! After all change is good and inevitable
Headers, we are open to constructive criticism not to the kind of remarks mentioned above.

Spike
Old 10th May 2011, 13:20   #1655
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I refer to the photographs posted on page 110, which shows some ridiculous changes done to the bumpers / front / fenders of a red Thar CRDe vehicle. By using this forum, I sincerely appeal to all those who are interested in buying / owning Thar CRDe to please refrain from spending money on such things which do not add any value. The marketplace is a madhouse out there. If somebody is willing to pay for such things, there is somebody to supply such things. Please be careful. Finally it is your call.

Further - positive critique is healthy and welcome. That said, please come to Nasik and spend quality time with us, you will understand what Spike and I are talking about. Remember - For something to happen, somebody has to actually do something. That somebody happens to be us and we have no hesitancy in saying so. It is very easy to sit there and type, it is very easy to make assumptions and accusations, it is not so easy to weigh the options available, generate opportunities, take EXECUTIVE DECISIONS, and then stand by them. I once again mention that positive critique is healthy and welcome. We are in the corporate world. I trust that you will understand and appreciate. Thank you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 10th May 2011, 13:22   #1656
BHPian

Quote:

Spike, sorry i should have been specific. everyone here knows that you are here for only technical discussions and to help others for any technical issues.
but when M&M cannot be specific to any questions or concerns from people here, why do you expect me to be very specific.

its a team work and if you are part of it then the team gets the blame. i can see the team spirit in you but am not specific on you. hope you understand.
Old 10th May 2011, 13:32   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spike, sorry i should have been specific. everyone here knows that you are here for only technical discussions and to help others for any technical issues.
but when M&M cannot be specific to any questions or concerns from people here, why do you expect me to be very specific.

its a team work and if you are part of it then the team gets the blame. i can see the team spirit in you but am not specific on you. hope you understand.
Appreciate! From you, I expect inputs on the engine front e.g. Noise, LIG, Smoke, Drive-ability, FI strategy etc. Some of these you have mentioned, there are plenty left to explore.

Today someone from Bangalore called me asking the Tire pressure for Thar, I told him what it must be "ideally". I can't help this interaction as we know field is a madhouse. Someone must bridge this gap between the consumer and the manufacturer. I am trying to fill this gap in my own miniscule way.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 13:39   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Dear Gentlemen of M&M,

I would like to have a simple answer to my following questions:

Will the THAR:

1. Come to Chennai ? When is the exact date?
2. with Factory AC and HT [I mean a cool lockable cabin]
3. Have Warranty coverage if damage occurs to Steering / IFS during OFFROAD.
4. Can we change tyres and not loose warranty?
5. IS there any future plan for ABS?

A simple YES or NO is sufficient for me.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Regards
Old 10th May 2011, 13:43   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This looks to be parked next to the showroom ramp at Koncept Motors, Noida. Hideous looking, if I may say so! Better not have a Top, than that!
Old 10th May 2011, 13:48   #1660
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Guys ever since the Thar's launch the following points have emerged as critique:

1. Poor fit and finish
2. Non a/c a minus point
3. No hardtop option a minus point

Apart from the above is the feeling amongst a few enthusiasts that their wish list was ignored.

Now my earnest request to all posting regularly in this thread is if you don't have anything new to say, suggest you find a new topic to discuss. I notice we are now slowly crossing boundaries of decency and openly knocking people who work for the mfg. Its one thing to voice your opinion about a product in an objective manner, its another thing to cast aspersions on the intent of people posting here. Lets not go there as you risk hurting people.

Those who are bothered about sales figures, how does it matter how many units the Thar sells? You like it you buy it, you don't you won't !!

Most of the people who are regular here are now friends and not just a virtual entity. Lets not get disrespetful of talented individuals who were responsible for the creation of the Thar and who choose to share so much with us when they really are not obligated to.

Lets continue to have fun discussing productive issues about how the Thar can improve and not let it get into people bashing.

As people start using the Thar lets talk about difficulties it has tackling certain terrain, issues about design that are causing failure in crossing obstacles etc.

Last edited by DKG : 10th May 2011 at 13:50.
DKG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 13:52   #1661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Guys ever since the Thar's launch the following points have emerged as critique:

1. Poor fit and finish
2. Non a/c a minus point
3. No hardtop option a minus point
I really don't care about the above.

What i care about and what is still unanswered:
- why did the steering become vague after 2 days of offroading with the thar?
- what were the squeaking noises that we heard and recorded?
- how can i reduce crawl speed? it's too fast currently.

Why doesn't MM answer these first?

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 10th May 2011 at 13:54. Reason: corrected spelling error
Old 10th May 2011, 13:56   #1662
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
- why did the steering become vague after 2 days of offroading with the thar?
- what were the squeaking noises that we heard and recorded?
interesting observations, hope some answers come through. When you say "vague" was it a kind of play that developed or the steering feel/feedback changed?
Old 10th May 2011, 14:01   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Further - positive critique is healthy and welcome. That said, please come to Nasik and spend quality time with us, you will understand what Spike and I are talking about. Remember - For something to happen, somebody has to actually do something. That somebody happens to be us and we have no hesitancy in saying so. It is very easy to sit there and type, it is very easy to make assumptions and accusations, it is not so easy to weigh the options available, generate opportunities, take EXECUTIVE DECISIONS, and then stand by them. I once again mention that positive critique is healthy and welcome. We are in the corporate world. I trust that you will understand and appreciate. Thank you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I have seen the Thar at NBS international, but as always its late evenings. Nevertheless, dont mind coming to Nasik, even if its for a cup of tea.
Old 10th May 2011, 14:14   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
interesting observations, hope some answers come through. When you say "vague" was it a kind of play that developed or the steering feel/feedback changed?
Play and feedback was not consistent. Differed over similar terrain.
Old 10th May 2011, 14:16   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Doctor, change the axle ratio if not happy with the current configuration. I can't comment on the other two issues as I have not seen it personally.

Passing a comment on these would be like stating "I learnt swimming through a correspondence course".

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks