Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 18:33   #211
BHPian

Re: Leh in a Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
We headed for Amritsar at 2 pm. I took Seoni>Lakhnadon>Narasimhapur>Sagar>Jhansi>Gwalior> Agra>Delhi>Panipat>Ludhiana>Jalandhar>Amritsar as guided by my MMI Lx130 navigator.
Ravi Sir, just where do you fix the mount for the MMI in your Linea? I easily found a good spot on my Baleno previously, but the Linea has such a steeply raked windshield I'm really struggling to find a place for the MMI where it will not interfere with view of the road, or sun visor, etc.

Your guidance will be much appreciated!
Old 12th August 2013, 19:02   #212
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Ravi Sir, just where do you fix the mount for the MMI in your Linea?
This is my MMI Lx130's normal parking slot on my Linea's windshield. So far, I have not faced any problem.

Leh in a Linea-099-2.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 19:19   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm really struggling to find a place for the MMI where it will not interfere with view of the road, or sun visor, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
This is my MMI Lx130's normal parking slot on my Linea's windshield. So far, I have not faced any problem.
This proves once more that everyone has their own preference.

Look at the photo showing the position of the MMI holder in my punto. It has never obstructed my view

Name:  ForumRunner_20130812_192638.png
Views: 871
Size:  434.4 KB

My colleagues using punto/linea have other positions. One has it clamped on the front quarter glass while the other has put it on the far left on the passenger side (don't know how he even operates when he is alone)
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 19:46   #214
BHPian

Thanks Ravi sir and Hemanth.

Ravi sir's position may interfere with the sun visor, no? Or at least cover the MMI when the sun visor in position?

Hemanth, I think the Linea's windshield is raked at a much more acute angle. If I were to put it in the same spot in the Linea, it would be really deep / far away.
Old 12th August 2013, 20:08   #215
J.Ravi

Quote:
Ravi sir's position may interfere with the sun visor, no? Or at least cover the MMI when the sun visor in position?
Yes. But then, I don't watch the maps continuously while driving; I am used to the voice guidance of MMI so that I can concentrate on my driving.
  (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 20:59   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Linea's windshield is raked at a much more acute angle.
I don't think so. Have a look at this picture that I had made for some other purpose.
Leh in a Linea-123.jpg
Both the cars have the same windshield angle
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 14:50   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@Strike: when was this pic taken. I returned back through Zozilla on the 4th of August with the other route being closed due to land slide. The one route that was open were the regular one with loads of trucks and long traffic queues and the bulldozers clearing off the loose stone sections (from a fresh land slide)
Hi nkrishnap, firstly pardon me for the late response,I have been a bit busy lately. The photos of the Zozila have been taken on 02 Jun 13 at about 0930 in the morning. I have also mentioned in my earlier post that that particular day was the day 02 of the two day Bandh called by a political party in the valley. The absence of traffic could have been credited to that Bandh. However, on the contrary there were no sign of the Bandh near and in Srinagar city.
Old 20th August 2013, 15:10   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike909 View Post
Hi nkrishnap, firstly pardon me for the late response,I have been a bit busy lately. The photos of the Zozila have been taken on 02 Jun 13 at about 0930 in the morning. I have also mentioned in my earlier post that that particular day was the day 02 of the two day Bandh called by a political party in the valley. The absence of traffic could have been credited to that Bandh. However, on the contrary there were no sign of the Bandh near and in Srinagar city.
I did the Zozilla Pass on the 2nd and 4th of August. The other alternative routes that were available were all closed due to landslides. The only route that was open was where all the truck traffic, cabs, even the Military vehicles used it including my Linea.

Less said the better about the situation in Srinagar & Kashmir Valley

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks