Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 22:47   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts

Sir, what physiotheraphy?

Seems like J&K is Maruti's forte. I managed to spot only one Chevy beat, One i10 and Sumos mostly. otherwise, its all Wagon R's and Altos ruling the roads. I saw one Dzire. Did you guys check was it a Dzire tour or the new Dzire which has under "Butt" physiotheraphy?

Some of the greenery for sure will put Bavaria to shame! Taking the liberty of doing a small comparison.
Source: The picture is mine. cross posting from https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-M...0/DSC03463.JPG

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 31st August 2012 at 22:51.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 23:58   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesri View Post
HVK, Have you got the GPS route file uploaded anywhere? Want to see it in Google Earth. Thanks.
Yes, I have the complete GPS tracks of the full circuit. Will upload once TL is complete. But we will have a personal sitting in our own neighbourhood soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Laluks/HVK, class greenery all the way in the last few legs, out of these world, superb captures. Why does Madam Safari lag behind so much in some of the places? Was it intended for matter of photography? Or did it need tackling such terrains more carefully than Scorp (just to understand if the vehicle's behavior is responsible as such)?
Well, I do not listen to Pancham - in fact, I shut off music totally in the hills.
I also drive fast - too fast, some say - so I end up way ahead, which is good for Lalu because I then stop & he gets more opportunities to get his photos! In all the roads you see, I drove mostly in third gear, slipping into second - and rarely first - only in the steep hairpin climbs or descents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Seems like J&K is Maruti's forte. I managed to spot only one Chevy beat, One i10 and Sumos mostly. otherwise, its all Wagon R's and Altos ruling the roads. I saw one Dzire. Did you guys check was it a Dzire tour or the new Dzire which has under "Butt" physiotheraphy?
Also a larger fort for Tata - Sumos & trucks.
hvkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 06:04   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, I have the complete GPS tracks of the full circuit. Will upload once TL is complete. But we will have a personal sitting in our own neighbourhood soon!
Thanks! Good idea "neighborhood meet"

Want to quiz you on how to do this circuit on local buses or share-jeeps. But lets meet only after I have studied the KML for 2-3 days.

Again, a wonderful TL by you and Laluks.
kesri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 09:43   #349
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

HVK surprises us by deciding to take us to Jai.

Bhaderwah Town from a height
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9434.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9435.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9436.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9438.jpg

We go to the right

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9440.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 09:57   #350
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

We drive towards Jai
Name:  DSC_9442.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  613.4 KB

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9443.jpg

We cross Chinta

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9444.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9446.jpg

We reached Jai by 14:30 hours

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9447.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9449.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 10:07   #351
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

Some people were already there, with blaring bollywood numbers from their puny car stereos
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9450.jpg

Igloos

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9451.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9452.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9453.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9456edit.jpg

I would have preferred this
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9455.jpg

Waste Bin - the damage to the place is already done, see the litter
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9481.jpg

continued...
Old 1st September 2012, 10:18   #352
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

We found a bench
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9471.jpg

We promptly anchored ourselves there

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9474.jpg

Igloos in the background
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9475.jpg

I would have loved it if they left it this way!
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9476.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9477.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 10:22   #353
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

HVK wanted some pictures for his album
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9482.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9483.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9485.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9486.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9487.jpg

continued...
Old 1st September 2012, 10:26   #354
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

The igloos
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9517.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9503.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9489.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9494.jpg

Interior of the Igloo
- this one had a common area, kitchen and two bedrooms
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9492.jpg

continued...
Old 1st September 2012, 10:33   #355
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

Some more views of the place
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9490.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9491.jpg

A bridge to cross the stream
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9495.jpg

The team gathering information about the place
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9500.jpg

These fellows must be taught some sense, Blaringly loud music from puny amplifier sounding very tinny disturbing the entire peace of the area
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9501.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9502.jpg

continued..
Old 1st September 2012, 10:37   #356
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

I sat down on this bench and relaxed for a while
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9496.jpg

Clear water of the stream

Name:  DSC_9480.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  650.8 KB

How I wished the place was without those igloos
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9499.jpg

Nice flowers too

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9505.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9506.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9508.jpg

continued...
Old 1st September 2012, 10:41   #357
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

I found some horses there

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9514.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9515.jpg

Horses at Jai

continued...
Old 1st September 2012, 11:34   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Horses at Jai
Atleast in that video, not all the four legged ones seems like horses to me! There is atleast one donkey there. Correct? Are these igloos for the tourists? There is a clear mention of waste to be deposited in the bins but why is nobody doing that? Why are the managers of igloos not caring or advising the travellers not to spoil the environment?
We indians and public nuisance, go hand in hand! Atleast in most cases, though not all Indians falls into this category. When will we stop this "Dik chik . Dik chik" loud music in public places and realise that it will be a headache to others!
Old 1st September 2012, 12:07   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Are these igloos for the tourists? There is a clear mention of waste to be deposited in the bins but why is nobody doing that?
Yes, those are tourist bungalows run by the Bhaderwah Development Authority. Jai is open even during winter but will be covered with snow.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 12:41   #360
Senior - BHPian

Day 4
26 - July - 2012

We had a chai break at this place

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9536.jpg

A view from there

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9521.jpg

HVK Scorpio ready to go back. But Hey, where's Madam Safari? She did not come to Jai. She was safely parked ta Bhaderwah and Agent Vinod came in HVK Scorpio.
Name:  DSC_9518.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  649.3 KB

Some views on the way back.
Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9537.jpg

Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts-dsc_9538.jpg

We started our return from Jai by 15:30 hours.

continued...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks