Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 09:36   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Civved : Wayanad

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to Travelogues. Thanks for sharing!
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 11:00   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like you have covered all of Wayanad in one go. Your travelogue just made me realize how much of Wayanad I am still to see. Should plan a trip to Chembra peak later this year.
How did you take both Thamarassery and Nadugani ghats in one trip ? Or you took Thamarassery for enjoying the twisties and turned back to Wayanad.

Was the pic of KSRTC bus off roading taken in NH 212 itself or on Mananthavady road ?

OT: Tragic news on the Malayala Manorama you reading.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 11:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Lalu - Sometimes I envy you for the number of trips you do and that too with your family. Your principle is correct. We would need a lifetime to cover the beauty of India itself.

I have set my target to coverup the possible nearby destinations before my work force a relocation from Kochi. Below are the top three in my list now.

1) Munnar, Marayur, Kanthalloor (Though I visited many times, it was too tight packed and not leisurely)
2) Athirappally, Vazhachaal, Vaalparai, Parambikulam (As you know, its long long pending)
3) Gavi
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 11:44   #19
BHPian

@laluks
Another awesome travelogue and beautiful photographs.
Wayanad brings back old memories. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
We went to Regional Agricultural Research Station
Ambalavayal - I spent by very early childhood here (although I do not remember a thing). We visited the place back in 2002. A very beautiful place. As you said, Wayanad has everything and its a complete package.
Dhar's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 12:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
How did you take both Thamarassery and Nadugani ghats in one trip ? Or you took Thamarassery for enjoying the twisties and turned back to Wayanad.

Was the pic of KSRTC bus off roading taken in NH 212 itself or on Mananthavady road ?

OT: Tragic news on the Malayala Manorama you reading.
We went down to Nilambur to have some nice lunch at KTDC Motel and then we went to Kozhippara falls and returend back to Wayanad. For this we exited Wayanad by Nadugani and re entered back by Thamarassery .

The KSRTC Bus was the stretch from Nagarahole to Mananthavady.

Yeah, only that tragic news was in the paper those days. Shameful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Lalu - Sometimes I envy you for the number of trips you do and that too with your family. Your principle is correct. We would need a lifetime to cover the beauty of India itself.

I have set my target to coverup the possible nearby destinations before my work force a relocation from Kochi. Below are the top three in my list now.

1) Munnar, Marayur, Kanthalloor (Though I visited many times, it was too tight packed and not leisurely)
2) Athirappally, Vazhachaal, Vaalparai, Parambikulam (As you know, its long long pending)
3) Gavi
Really, to see the whole of India needs more than a lifetime. Your list seems to be tempting for me though I have done it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
@laluks
Another awesome travelogue and beautiful photographs.
Wayanad brings back old memories. Thanks for sharing.

Ambalavayal - I spent by very early childhood here (although I do not remember a thing). We visited the place back in 2002. A very beautiful place. As you said, Wayanad has everything and its a complete package.
Thank You Dhar's. Wayanad seems to have everything to boast of a mini Kerala
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 13:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

OMG, what a Travelogue!
Never seen a Wayanadu like this before in those countless brochures & web-sites that eulogise the hill district!
You have given a visit agenda that can last a week at least!
And the photo effects are simply breath-taking!
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 13:57   #22
e2p
BHPian

Dear laluks,

Thanks a lot for yet another 'CIVVED' story. As always, perfect photographs.

Wayanad is a place close to my heart, as we used to spend our summer vacation every year at my uncle's home in Panamaram. Suddenly I went back to those days and I am unable to express my feeling in words.

You have covered every nook and corner, good job!!

Once again, thank you for those wonderful pictures and triggering my memories.

Cheers.
e2p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 15:08   #23
BHPian

Simply outstanding laluks

Maybe its time to write "Gods own Wayanad"
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 16:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Heck of a Travelogue! Enjoyed the pictures, especially the Trek ones. Could you elaborate more on the mountain trek you did, is there any need of a guide for doing that trek? Can you point out the route plan on google maps including the places you visited.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 16:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Lalu!!!

I loved the "Victorious" family photograph on top of the Chembra peak. Who clicked the picture? It has come out beautiful with a great backdrop of those cloud patterns.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 17:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
OMG, what a Travelogue!
Never seen a Wayanadu like this before in those countless brochures & web-sites that eulogise the hill district!
You have given a visit agenda that can last a week at least!
And the photo effects are simply breath-taking!
Thank You HVK.

Since I had the time in hand, I went on exploring Wayanad like that. As a matter of fact at the end when I left from Wayanad towards Goa my odo was at 1800+ kms which included the drive from Bangalore

I was supposed to have gone to Bhuthathankettu and Thattekkadu and drive together with BolBolero and Khoj back to Wayanad for the meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2p View Post
Dear laluks,

Thanks a lot for yet another 'CIVVED' story. As always, perfect photographs.

Wayanad is a place close to my heart, as we used to spend our summer vacation every year at my uncle's home in Panamaram. Suddenly I went back to those days and I am unable to express my feeling in words.

You have covered every nook and corner, good job!!

Once again, thank you for those wonderful pictures and triggering my memories.

Cheers.
Thank you e2p. I am quite happy that I could trigger some good memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Simply outstanding laluks

Maybe its time to write "Gods own Wayanad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Heck of a Travelogue! Enjoyed the pictures, especially the Trek ones. Could you elaborate more on the mountain trek you did, is there any need of a guide for doing that trek? Can you point out the route plan on google maps including the places you visited.
Chembra Peak Trek needs you to register at the office with a payment of Rs 500/- for 10 people. The office would assign you a guide to come along. This is just to keep in check the number of people trekking up to the peak.

I will share the route map with all locations indicated along with the GPS trail soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Lovely Lalu!!!

I loved the "Victorious" family photograph on top of the Chembra peak. Who clicked the picture? It has come out beautiful with a great backdrop of those cloud patterns.
Thanks Fauji, and congrats on becoming a member of the D Company. Our guide took the click, and wifey was particular about the clouds.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 17:34   #27
BHPian

Laluks

Am speechless looking at your camera skills. I am a big big wayanad fan and every year, when I come on holiday, look forward to a trip either to wayanad or through wayanad to any other place in Kerala.

Do you make alterations to your pictures, specially the landscape ones or is it some settings on your camera that make these pictures awesome? In particular, the sky and the mountains or the blue waters look surreal.

Please let me know, for me to use in my next trip.

And now you have made me hungry after those pics about the lunch at Nilambur. Where is this KTDC restaurant, how many kms from Sulthan Bathery? I presume its a more than decent hotel as the ones in Bathery or Kalpetta are not that good.

Subs

Last edited by subs : 10th July 2013 at 17:44. Reason: to add more comments
subs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 18:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Chembra Peak Trek needs you to register at the office with a payment of Rs 500/- for 10 people. The office would assign you a guide to come along. This is just to keep in check the number of people trekking up to the peak.
Where is the office located? and do they provide anything like to eat or for trekking? (inclusive in the 500 Rs for 10 people)
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 19:15   #29
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Lalu,
Awesome & mesmerising photographs.
This has been long pending to do list of ours.

At least I will be able to see it through your lens.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 20:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have lost all concentration and before I flood my desk salivating, have asked mom to cook me putt and thenga aracha kadala curry for breakfast tomorrow definite. So I will go through the rest of the log only after I get my putt tomorrow. We usually cook kadala curry without grinding the coconut. And putt is my favorite.

And I do not need to say much about the Wayanad snaps. The awesomeness in your snaps is that those snaps are talking to the reader, with the help of the captions of course. Even, the snap of the dishes are literally mouth watering.

Two snaps in which the PPGs are on tip of the peak really made my heart skip a beat. Scary; maybe more because I am a bit acrophobic.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks