Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2013, 22:14   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Civved : Wayanad

Day 08
29th December 2012
Sultan Battery - Varambetta Mosque - Mahe - Thalassery - Kannur - Mangalore - Karwar - Goa (Palolem)

Some more pictures from Muzhupilangadu drive in beach
Civved : Wayanad-dsc05578.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0799.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0807.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0817.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0818.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0833.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0844.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0845.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0850edit.jpg

Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0851edit.jpg

By 18:30 we left the beach and drove towards Kannur. Kannur was another 20 KMs

continued...
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 22:29   #152
Senior - BHPian

Day 08
29th December 2012
Sultan Battery - Varambetta Mosque - Mahe - Thalassery - Kannur - Mangalore - Karwar - Goa (Palolem)

I drove directly to Parassinikadavu Temple and by the time we were back to Kannur Engineering college it was 20:30 hours.

Wifey spend a nostalgic few moments at the gate, much to the surprise of the security
Civved : Wayanad-dsc_0854edit.jpg

We had dinner at the KTDC restaurant near Engineering college. I am already looking like a Zombie!
Civved : Wayanad-dsc05581.jpg

Over the nice dinner at Kannur KTDC restaurant, near to Kannur Govt. Engineering college, I was thinking about the very tiring day that we have had today. I was thinking that I must get a room here at KTDC and sleep, and then drive the next day to Goa.

After dinner I was lazing around near the car, asked my family that we will go for a drive before we stop for the night somewhere in Kannur.

It was already 21:30 hours. I just drove out and in no time the PPG's were asleep. My wifey too fell asleep in a few moments.

I was on the NH17, heading aimlessly. I had a thought - why not Goa for sunrise? Well that seemed like a plan...and drove through the night to Goa on NH17 from Kannur on 29th Night.

Day 09
30th December 2012

GOA

Around 02:30AM I reached Maravanthe. A small tea shop was still open. Stopped the car, and had a good tea in the wee hours enjoying the cold breeze from the Sea and enjoyed the calm river on the other side. After spending nearly 30 minutes and refreshed I drove towards Goa.

By 05:30AM I crossed the border near Karwar, and drove in to Goa. Headed to Palolem beach and by 06:00AM I parked the car in Palolem.

Woke up my wife and told her "Good morning, Welcome to Goa "

She screamed W H A A A A T

In the melee PPGs too woke up and was shocked!

Well that was the drive to Goa....It could not have been better than that.....

You can read the Goa episode here.

As for now that's how our Christmas trip to Wayanad concluded.

The END

I will write about our second trip, the anniversary drive we did to Wayanad on February 2013 soon.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 22:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Laluks, what really surprises me and which I am never able to understand is that, how you manage to drive such long distances (which in itself is a daunting task for people like me) and simultaneously take so many photos, not missing even the smallest detail of the travel. Yes - I am fan of HVK but I am also a fan of Laluks.

Expected more photos of the HVK meet - or is it that it is a seperate thread by itself?

Had food for today. As usual Waiting for more.

- Sai
Sai,

Thanks for the fan part
I somehow am able to do both, thanks to the helping hands of my PPGs too.

I did not click much pictures of the HVK meet, and since I did not participate in the convoy driving events I don't have a clue to where all they drove by. So unfortunately, this is all what I have of the meet.
Old 21st July 2013, 23:33   #154
BHPian

One nice travelogue again sir. Wonderful log with great pictures.

Wayanad looked abundant & better - virtually here, rather than seen personally on those very same days. It was pleasant seeing you and your family live... just inches afar, in Bathery .

Looks like you crossed Karwar in the wee hours.. no photos of Karwar sir (this time) ?
I really wanted some more pictures of Karwar through your lens.

Regards
Ddrive.

Last edited by Ddrive : 21st July 2013 at 23:51.
Ddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:36   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
One nice travelogue again sir. Wonderful log with great pictures.

Wayanad looked abundant & better - virtually here, rather than seen personally on those very same days. It was pleasant seeing you and your family live... just inches afar, in Bathery .

Looks like you crossed Karwar in the wee hours.. no photos of Karwar sir (this time) ?
I really wanted some more pictures of Karwar through your lens.

Regards
Ddrive.
Thanks Ddrive.
Oh! You were a part of the HVK meet. Sorry, if personally we could not meet each other.

I passed Karwar around 5ish in the morning. But there are some pictures of Karwar - Tagore beach, etc.. in my Goa log from a previous trip of 2008. You can check this link

For Devbagh Beach in Karwar from 2009 visit, you can check this link
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:26   #156
BHPian

Great travelogue as usual. Especially the photographs are outstanding. Seeing Kerala in photographs making me nostalgic. Especially those mouthwatering foods.

By the way what is the odometer reading of your Civic now?
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Great travelogue as usual. Especially the photographs are outstanding. Seeing Kerala in photographs making me nostalgic. Especially those mouthwatering foods.

By the way what is the odometer reading of your Civic now?
Thanks MaxToque
Civvy has done around 97K
Old 22nd July 2013, 16:20   #158
Senior - BHPian

From looking like a zombie to driving almost 3/4th of the west coast

Amazing as usual.

Have been to Wayanad quite a few times - but am yet to make a satisfactory trip. And there are still lots of places left to see and places visited till now can be considered visited only from a statistical point of view

Btw - the Kallayi kadavu in the song is another river near Calicut. And Mahe river is Mayyazhi in Malayalam not Mazhazhi (spelling mistake )
mallumowgli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 16:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post

Btw - the Kallayi kadavu in the song is another river near Calicut. And Mahe river is Mayyazhi in Malayalam not Mazhazhi (spelling mistake )
Spelling mistake, converting Mallu to English itself was tough on this Zombie.

Aha! I thought so. This Kallayi Kadavu was too tiny for a poet to take notice
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:02   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hello laluks

That's one amazing travelogue there. Being from Kerala, I must shamefully admit that I have never been to Wyanad in my life.

We live in Bangalore, and have relatives at Edakkara (near Chunkathara). Do you think it would be a good idea to stay overnight at Edakkara and spend a couple of days (mainly the Independence Day weekend) visiting some of these places in Wyanad / Sulthan Bathery? Or is there a really good accommodation that you would recommend in Wyanad itself? Will it be too much of a pain to drive to-and-from Edakkara every day?

Thanks in advance!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:27   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
We live in Bangalore, and have relatives at Edakkara (near Chunkathara). Do you think it would be a good idea to stay overnight at Edakkara and spend a couple of days (mainly the Independence Day weekend) visiting some of these places in Wyanad / Sulthan Bathery? Or is there a really good accommodation that you would recommend in Wyanad itself? Will it be too much of a pain to drive to-and-from Edakkara every day?
Thanks Viju.

If the traffic on nadugani which I experienced is anything to go by I would advice against it every day. That's like nearly 100Km both ways everyday and will easily take 3 hours everyday. I would suggest a stay at Wayanad to avoid this.

Hotel Isaac Regency is a decent hotel with Bed and breakfast. A double AC room would be in the range of 1800/- Now a days with so much of rains a non AC would also do just fine I guess and that is around 1400.

http://www.issacsregency.com/tariff.htm

This was the place HVK Fan club too organised for their stay.

Forget about all other fancy resorts, whose costs will make you feel you are in some other world!
Old 23rd July 2013, 17:23   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks Viju.

Hotel Isaac Regency is a decent hotel with Bed and breakfast. A double AC room would be in the range of 1800/- Now a days with so much of rains a non AC would also do just fine I guess and that is around 1400.

http://www.issacsregency.com/tariff.htm

This was the place HVK Fan club too organised for their stay.
Thanks a lot laluks!

That brings me to my next question. If the rains are going to stay on in August also, do you think this trip is worth it?! I mean, I plan to go with my wife and 19 month old daughter. If we cannot go out anywhere, it may not make sense, right?
Old 23rd July 2013, 17:49   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Thanks a lot laluks!

That brings me to my next question. If the rains are going to stay on in August also, do you think this trip is worth it?! I mean, I plan to go with my wife and 19 month old daughter. If we cannot go out anywhere, it may not make sense, right?
I hope the rains to subside by then, else you can do a rainy drive and back to Edakkara
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Awesome TL... Actually all your travelogues have lent enormously to the perspective of our country.

Your travelogues aren't just informative but an experience in themselves.

It'd be great if they were also available offline in an E-Book form.

Also, I simply needed ask, whats the best of best economy the Civic has given you. In all kinds of terrains if you've kept a watch.

Regards,
B
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:45   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hey! Awesome TL... Actually all your travelogues have lent enormously to the perspective of our country.

Your travelogues aren't just informative but an experience in themselves.

It'd be great if they were also available offline in an E-Book form.

Also, I simply needed ask, whats the best of best economy the Civic has given you. In all kinds of terrains if you've kept a watch.

Regards,
B
Thanks GrammarNazi.

Infact many of my friends have been telling me about the ebook part. But I am so pampered by the simple and easy way I can write in TBHP and it had made me lazy in my attempts to format and compile an ebook. It seems to take too much time. Nevertheless, I will definitely try it one day

Civvy's best I have seen so far are 13ish and least 9ish. I am a spirited driver when it come to Civvy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks