Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 11:01   #16
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for the information. I will be going there soon. i had been on this road till tamhini couple of times just for a evening ride. Hope to make it to diveagar/harihareshwar in coming days.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:16   #17
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I will be going to diveagar/ harihareshwar tomorrow.
Planning to start early morning around 6 and hope to reach there by 10am types.

Will be taking the same route as mentioned below. Any more pointers on this? like food joints/petrol pumps etc on this route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
The route taken was Pune-Paud-Mulshi-Tamhini-Vile-Nizampur-Mangaon-Mhasla-Diveagar. Total distance 160 kms one way.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Hi Guys,

I will be going to diveagar/ harihareshwar tomorrow.
Planning to start early morning around 6 and hope to reach there by 10am types.

Will be taking the same route as mentioned below. Any more pointers on this? like food joints/petrol pumps etc on this route?
Yes thats the shortest and easiest route to get to Diveagar/Harihareshwar. You must plan to tank up in Pune for the entire trip. Pumps on this route are far and few and I doubt the quality of the fuel that is available (Although, I did fill up a few litres at an IOC pump on my way back to Pune. This is about 15-20 kms from Diveagar heading towards Pune).

Enroute to Mulshi there are a few dhabas that serve decent breakfast. You may want to check them out.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is an ok place for breakfast just after Mulshi lake on the right hand side. Cant remember the name. You should reach the destination before lunch anyway. Suggest you fuel up either in Pune or on NH17 (Mangaon). Petrol pumps are few and far between in Tamini ghat or Mhasla.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
There is an ok place for breakfast just after Mulshi lake on the right hand side. Cant remember the name. You should reach the destination before lunch anyway. Suggest you fuel up either in Pune or on NH17 (Mangaon). Petrol pumps are few and far between in Tamini ghat or Mhasla.
I think you are talking about the place called 'Quick Bite'. Correct me if I am wrong. Yes, they serve pretty good breakfast. On that route, this is where I halt for breakfast/evening snax.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:50   #21
BHPian

HI Wanderlust and Spadival,

Thanks guys for information. Yeah will fill her in pune itself. Hope to have a nice trip and good pictures to share with you guys.
Old 11th April 2008, 12:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
I think you are talking about the place called 'Quick Bite'.
Yepp. Thats the one.

Quote:
Hope to have a nice trip and good pictures to share with you guys.
Have a nice trip!! Dont forget to go down the path to the cliff and to the sea shore from the Harihareshwar temple. There is a zillion tiny "restaurants" in front of the temple. But we were a bit suspicious about the hygiene and had poha at a resort type place close by.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...dhan-trip.html
Old 11th April 2008, 14:10   #23
BHPian

You may also want to pay a visit to the nearby Dighi beach. The place where the RDX landed for the 93 Mumbai bombings. You will spot driving directions for this quite easily.
Old 13th April 2008, 20:38   #24
BHPian

Hi ,

Seek help on route from Mumbai . Also if i can get the MTDC numbers .

The beach looks pretty and is one that i am looking for my must weekend drives ..

Regardss. Kat
Old 14th April 2008, 10:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Team, I visited Diveagar and Shrivardhan beaches last weekend. I took the Pune-Paud-Mulshi-Tamhini-Vile-Nizampur-Mangaon-Mhasla-Diveagar route. The roads upto Tamini ghat is good. Then then roads have very bad surface. I could rarely cross 40 km/hr. I must say that the natural beauty of Tamini ghat is amazing! The road condition improved tremendously after Vile village.

There are some winding ghat roads after Mhasla. So please be careful. But the roads are very very good most of the way. Also remember to ask for directions, as frequently as possible.

We reached Diveagar quite late and all the resorts were packed. So we had to go to Shrivardhan to find a room. The road from Diveagar to Shrivardhan is very bad. Now that the season has started almost all resorts are full during the weekends. So please make the necessary reservations prior to your journey. By all means, avoid driving at night. If my Chevy didn't have 130 W halogens and Hella projectors, I would have been in deep trouble!!

Both the beaches were wonderful. We spent a lot of time in the sea!!!

I returned to Pune from Shrivardhan via Panvel. I took the NH 17 to Panvel via Mhasla and Indapur. That is another 90 kilometres extra, but I did not want to drive via Tamini ghat again. It was too stressful!
Old 21st April 2008, 22:30   #26
BHPian

Hi ,

Follow as a stupid can .. I have booked the MTDC resort for this weekend . Will post a tarvelouge and ofcourse photos ..

Any advise on food spots there , enroute ..
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:20   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Hi ,

Follow as a stupid can .. I have booked the MTDC resort for this weekend . Will post a tarvelouge and ofcourse photos ..

Any advise on food spots there , enroute ..
From NaviMumbai, you must plan to have b'fast at Kamat's on NH-17, probably 10 odd kms from Panvel. They serve excellent breakfast.

In Diveagar, you will have to rely on the locals for food. There is a guy called 'Patil' who runs a lunch home. Its called 'Patil's Khanavale', pretty much the sole provider of food in that region. Make sure you are there in time, else if they run out of stock, it would be tough to find a place to have food.
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
I returned to Pune from Shrivardhan via Panvel. I took the NH 17 to Panvel via Mhasla and Indapur. That is another 90 kilometres extra, but I did not want to drive via Tamini ghat again. It was too stressful!
You could have joined the expressway by taking the diversion to Pali-Khopoli. This road is pretty good and must be shorter than taking the Panvel route.
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could have joined the expressway by taking the diversion to Pali-Khopoli. This road is pretty good and must be shorter than taking the Panvel route.
Thanks Spadival, I thought of that. And when I asked directions to Khopoli, some locals guided me to Indapur. Three guys standing in a bus stop were pointing in three different directions!!!

From there, Panvel was the only way out! I will defenitely keep your advice in mind when I go there next time!
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Are you talking about the one that you need to take from Pen when you get off the NH-17 and head towards Khopoli. If yes, this road was in bad shape last year. However, it must be good now, since work was underway at that point in time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks