Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 12:09   #91
BHPian

Re: Pune -Diveagar

Just completed 2.5 days trip to Diveagar. Route taken: Tamhini ghat> Mangaon>Diveagar. Road in Tamhini ghat was average with many bad patches. Rest of the road condition was good. There is 3-5 kms of patch before Vile, the road was excellent almost like expressway.

Pune to Diveagar: started at 8:30am and reached at 12pm - non stop 3.5 hrs drive. Stayed in Prathamesh Holiday homes. Good stay, clean rooms and excellent service. For families with kids, this is a good option as there is good children's play area. Note- this is not Prathamesh Resort, both are different hotels.
Tried food in various 'khanavals' and it was good. Bapat's food was strict average, found food bit oily.

Diveagar to Pune: started at 12:00pm and reached Pune at 4:30pm. Had 1 hr lunch halt in Mangaon at Hotel Umbrella. Pathetic food in Hotel Umbrella, avoid at any cost. Idlis served were stale, so returned it and waiter also accepted it (like he almost knew its going to be returned). Avoid HOTEL UMBRELLA AT ANY COST.

Had nice time off in Diveagar.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 20:02   #92
BHPian

Share some pictures.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:59   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Just completed 2.5 days trip to Diveagar. Route taken: Tamhini ghat> Mangaon>Diveagar. Road in Tamhini ghat was average with many bad patches. Rest of the road condition was good. There is 3-5 kms of patch before Vile, the road was excellent almost like expressway.

Pune to Diveagar: started at 8:30am and reached at 12pm - non stop 3.5 hrs drive. Stayed in Prathamesh Holiday homes. Good stay, clean rooms and excellent service. For families with kids, this is a good option as there is good children's play area. Note- this is not Prathamesh Resort, both are different hotels.
Tried food in various 'khanavals' and it was good. Bapat's food was strict average, found food bit oily.

Diveagar to Pune: started at 12:00pm and reached Pune at 4:30pm. Had 1 hr lunch halt in Mangaon at Hotel Umbrella. Pathetic food in Hotel Umbrella, avoid at any cost. Idlis served were stale, so returned it and waiter also accepted it (like he almost knew its going to be returned). Avoid HOTEL UMBRELLA AT ANY COST.

Had nice time off in Diveagar.
Please share some information of that Prathamesh Holiday homes.
Price / Contact numbers / location or Land mark.
This will be great help to other members.
Please share some pics also.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:33   #94
BHPian

Have been a regular to Dive Agar for the past 3 years. Favourite weekend getaway.

For accomodation and food, the best place is Ambience Cottages. Mr. Patwardhan is the contact person. Will try and source his number soon. A couple of hotels have now opened up in Tamhini, else, earlier, the ghat used to be deserted. One tip though, avoid Tamhini ghat post sunset. Its deserted and moreover, there is no mobile range as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - Diveagar-img_0928.jpg  

Pune - Diveagar-img_0964.jpg  

Pune - Diveagar-img_0968.jpg  

Pune - Diveagar-img_0969.jpg  

Pune - Diveagar-img_0959.jpg  

Pune - Diveagar-img_0972.jpg  

Old 20th May 2014, 23:00   #95
BHPian

Pune to Diveager via Tamhini Ghat- Road Condition

Hi Friends,

I am planning to go to Diveagar via Tamhini Ghat this weekend along with my family. Has anyone traveled through this route, wanted to know the road condition. I had called up one of the guest house, he said like the road condition is improved now.

Please let me know if you have any updates. Any other inputs would also be helpful??

Thanks,
Abinash
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune - Diveagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiS View Post
I am planning to go to Diveagar via Tamhini Ghat this weekend along with my family. Has anyone traveled through this route, wanted to know the road condition.
Tamhini ghat has been recently re-layered, road condition is much better now.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:28   #97
BHPian

Re: Pune to Diveager via Tamhini Ghat- Road Condition

@AbiS, I travelled through Tamhini this weekend and the route is good barring very very few patches, which are not that bad either. Road upto Mumbai Goa Highway is very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks