Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 10:58   #106
BHPian

Hi Majic,

That was a very neatly written travelogue, looking forward to more posts from you. It had refreshed my memories of visiting thekkady,kumuli and vandiperiyar. Near Vandiperiyar, there is small tourist attraction place, named parathuparai, i visited last year, just a scenic beauty place. I suggest you to visit it once.

Regarding Jigirthanda in madurai, the best place to have it is in the first left after navin bakery in TPK road. This is supposed to be the madurai famous jigirthanda shop. Do try it when you visit it the next time, if you require directions please do contact me through my mobile. I shall send it through PM. My native place is tanjore, my wifey's native place is madurai and now my parents have settled in trichy.

Since you have to visit karaikal, my suggestion would be to take the madurai, pudukottai route to karaikal. The road from trichy to tanjore is really in a bad state.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:18   #107
BHPian

HVk Sir, thank you very much for the information would get in touch with you sir in case of any doubts.

Abdul Rahman, welcome to Team Bhp. Hope that you would have a nice experience being here. Thanks for visiting this thread, hope that i was able to rekindle some memories from the past. I would defenitely try this out the next time and would PM you my number so that we can get it touch. Infact for my next trip during the Pongal i am planning to touch Tanjore. How are the roads from Tanjore to Kumbakonam or Mayiladuturai.
Old 29th December 2009, 20:30   #108
BHPian

Hi Majic,
Thanks for the welcome

Trichy to Tanjore road is in a very bad shape, still being converted to 4 lanes, Tanjore to kumbakonam is also in a bit similar state , not as bad as Trichy-Tanjore. Sorry i do not have any idea about the road leading to mayiladuthurai.
Old 30th December 2009, 09:19   #109
BHPian

Thanks Abdul Rahman, can you please PM me your number for any other information, is the distance from Madurai -Karikal more than the other route of theni -dindigul-manaparai-trichy-kumbakonam -mayiladuturai. My destination is Tranquebar.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:44   #110
BHPian

Hey Majic, can't believe I missed out on your travelogue for so long. The first trip is always special and you have narrated it beautifully, or should I say magically, with some nice pics.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:19   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roameo View Post
Hey Majic, can't believe I missed out on your travelogue for so long. The first trip is always special and you have narrated it beautifully, or should I say magically, with some nice pics.
Thankyou very much Roameo, though late i do appreciate that you liked the narration and also the photos, nothing much can be said of the photos as i had forgotten the camera. Hopefully there would be time for more! So when is your next trip to happen?
Old 18th April 2016, 17:30   #112
BHPian

Re: Trip to Thekkady- Theni, Madurai with photos

Can any one tell me the condition of roads between KUMILY- THENI- DINDIGUL?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks