Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 14:31   #751
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Nice piece of history. But don't put such vanake stories before my impending meet with khoj. Keep those kinds of stories after 24th May please.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:23   #752
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks for that. I would prefer to start early by 4-5. Pack something for the fort. But the fact that we can cover it in 4 hours, is nice ! Will try it out in winter.
Leaving early and packing lunch is a good idea too. You can probably have lunch inside the Kindi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Why? Is it another trekking? But I loved that evening sunset pic very much; new one on my desktop.
Now that you have taken a liking to trekking pics, I might as well push my luck and start a couple of new wedding travelogues too - one to Kumarakom (Kerala) and another one to Yercaud (TN).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Why? You dont like trekking? IMO, some of the best sights you can see is by Trekking only.
Bang on target!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Nice piece of history. But don't put such vanake stories before my impending meet with khoj. Keep those kinds of stories after 24th May please.
Impending meet with Khoj? What when where and how? In Bangalore?
Old 30th April 2010, 15:52   #753
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Now that you have taken a liking to trekking pics, I might as well push my luck and start a couple of new wedding travelogues too - one to Kumarakom (Kerala) and another one to Yercaud (TN).
Impending meet with Khoj? What when where and how? In Bangalore?
You got married in Kumarakom and again in yercaud? Three wives?
That means more and more of vanake!

It's a lunch meet in Thane. I'm going there to meet Mumbai/ Thane BHPians which includes the great HVK and the dreaded Khoj
Old 1st May 2010, 01:07   #754
Team-BHP Support

If I really got involved in "Four Weddings", I would have had to invite you all to my "Funeral"

KUMARAPARVATHA TREK PICS

Pic 1: We took a night bus from Bangalore to Kukke Subramanya (near Mangalore). The sunroof of our bus was held in its place by "Bindu".

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2160006.jpg

Pic 2: We reached Kukke Subramanya at around 5:30 AM. This place is famous for the Kukke Subramanya Temple - where Lord Subramanya (Serpent Lord) is worshipped. In the forests around Kukke Subramanya, King Cobra sightings are common - but we didn't find any, thankfully.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170007.jpg

Pic 3: Elephant taking a shortcut.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170009.jpg

Pic 4 & 5: If you have trouble getting a bride, you could be having Naga Dosha. Then this is the place to visit. Although we were not sure if we had Naga Dosha, we got into the temple anyway and all of us asked Lord Subramanya for Aishwarya Rai.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170012.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170011.jpg

Pic 6: After breakfast, we then headed towards Kumaraparvatha. In this trek, you will find signboards everywhere. If there are no signboards, you will atleast find "arrow marks" carved on trees by previous trekkers.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170015.jpg

Pic 7 & 8: After 15 minutes of trekking.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170017.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170018.jpg

Pic 9: After 60 minutes of trekking. Unlike others, I look fresh because cats don't sweat. Plus, us cats are not designed by nature to carry heavy loads. So I always make sounds like "ugh, aah, its heavy" when somebody tries to load my rucksack with food stuff.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170020.jpg

Pic 10: After a couple of hours, the forests give way to "grasslands" - and we can see the Western Ghats.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170023.jpg
Old 1st May 2010, 06:07   #755
Team-BHP Support

Nice start (well nice start of one of the many starts of you have had).

Some of the photos of all the guys could have been so nice...
but with a certain cat popping in from the side, saying me too me too !
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:18   #756
Team-BHP Support

No, no that's actually self-shot photo. I've told you before - I have freakishly long arms

KUMARAPARVATHA TREK PICS CONTD:

Pic 1: Who on earth would try to tease a King Cobra? Anyway, we were the only wild animals on the trail.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170025.jpg

Pic 2: By around lunch time, we reached Bhattara Mane (Bhat's House) - a large house in the middle of nowhere, whose owner welcomes trekkers and offers them food & shelter - for a fee.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170027.jpg

Pic 3: We were so darned tired & hungry, we ate with both hands. Food was as simple as it could get - Rice and Sambhar (no, not the animal), but boy, did it taste good!

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170035.jpg

Pic 4: Jagga's Mum always hand feeds him. Whenever she's not around, Lokesh steps in.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170033.jpg

Pic 5: Our style of trekking - an afternoon siesta! (a bit off-topic, but I think Ford should have called their small car "Siesta" rather than "Figo")

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170039.jpg

Pic 6: The tent bag was quite heavy - so a little bit of ingenuity at work.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170044.jpg

Pic 7: That's our destination - 5600ft tall Kumaraparvatha.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170043.jpg

Pic 8, 9 & 10: Our immediate destination however was the Mantapa - a stone structure a few kms away from Bhattara Maney. The plan is to fill up our water bottles at a small stream near the Mantapa, stay put for the night and leave for Kumaraparvatha the next day. However, the owner of the house had mentioned that the stream near Mantapa had dried up completely - so we probably won't be able to reach the top. Anyway, we carried on our trek to the Mantapa.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170045.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170046.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-p2170047.jpg
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:26   #757
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Sadly that's not the case. I've seen enough morons pelting stones on snakes. I bashed a guy in college in second year because he killed a rat snake.
In pune snake park / zoo, I saw some miscreants throwing stones in the king cobra pit. They were shoo-ed away by the security nearby. Instead of shooing them away, the better punishment would be to make them spend 10 mins in the pit with the snakes.
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:38   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the better punishment would be to make them spend 10 mins in the pit with the snakes.
Whoa!!! Why do you want them killed?
Better punishment will be is to make a public announcement then & there that this person did so & so mischief & hence he's sent out of the zoo to put him in embarrassment.

Last edited by aargee : 2nd May 2010 at 00:39.
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:54   #759
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa!!! Why do you want them killed?
Better punishment will be is to make a public announcement then & there that this person did so & so mischief & hence he's sent out of the zoo to put him in embarrassment.
I took inspiration from the movie Anniyan. Liked the way charlie gets killed for causing nuisance in public.
Old 2nd May 2010, 01:01   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took inspiration from the movie Anniyan. Liked the way charlie gets killed for causing nuisance in public.
True; one of my fav movie. but death is not solution to problems; they should realize their mistake right?
Old 2nd May 2010, 01:16   #761
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True; one of my fav movie. but death is not solution to problems; they should realize their mistake right?
Death sentence acts as deterrents to those committing hideous crimes. I'm no authority to debate on such things or propose or promulgate the same. But sometimes everyone when peeved over even small things do wish the perpetrator dies. How often does one get to hear the word Saavugraaki (Encha shaav maare in tulu) in chennai roads?
These thoughts exist in a subliminal level for all people and that made the movie a hit in the southern states.
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:00   #762
Team-BHP Support

Take a Bow ! The snap of cat having his lunch is amazing!

Cat Food or Cat at Food!!!!
Old 2nd May 2010, 11:24   #763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Instead of shooing them away, the better punishment would be to make them spend 10 mins in the pit with the snakes.
Quote:
I bashed a guy in college in second year because he killed a rat snake
Dude, you are a bit (not much) psychotic when it comes to snakes!

Quote:
True; one of my fav movie.
ehh? That was a totally stupid movie! (I saw the Tamil movie dubbed in Hindi). I like realistic movies like Harry Potter or Chota Chethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Take a Bow ! The snap of cat having his lunch is amazing!
Never mess with a lion (cat) when its hungry.
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:02   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Dude, you are a bit (not much) psychotic when it comes to snakes!
MX6 have seen you saying you love snakes in some previous post and also Smartcats reply to that. But yes, its true that on seeing a snake people react by getting a stick/ stone and kill it. Poisonous or not. And regarding teasing yes there are some psychotic people who gets a pleasure doing the same. Don't remember where, guess its was in Hyderabad zoo not sure read in news paper about a drunk man who got in to tigers cage to prove don't know what only to be mauled to death.
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:17   #765
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Actually, snakes are the most mis-understood creatures. My perception about snakes changed due to Nagamandala and Nat Geo. Snakes are needed to maintain eco-balance. Snakes are the ecological way of reducing the rat populace who raid the paddy fields and rice godowns!

Udupi becomes very colourful during Nagamandala. There's also a kannada movie called Nagamandala.
Nagamandala is an enchanting ritual.
Nagaradhane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nagamandala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks