Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 18:20   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Is this supposed to be an infringement of the posting rules?
Anyway the references were really only descriptive, not laudatory IMHO.
Fully.

We are having fun with all those amazing pics, Who's playing spoilsport here

Riju, its like a nice session of story telling. I am enjoying every bit of it. Keep them coming.

BTW, How could you not spot a single Vintage / Classic car there.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

A few random pictures I shot before I decided to put my DSLR away for the day. Was getting difficult for me to lug this thingy around with my wifes shopping bags.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-1-large.jpg

That's the Singapore Flyer in the distance.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-2-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-3-large.jpg

China Town

As the name suggests , another place for window shopping. From what I saw they sell pretty decent quality stuff when compared to Malaysia.
Some wonderful architecture seen here, wished I had carried my SLR. Apparently was a mistake dumping it at home. Never the less I caught a few shots on the P&S.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-4-large.jpg

The green and yellow building in the distance is the oldest HDB in Singapore.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-5-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-6-large.jpg

The oldest temple of Singapore is in China Town and its called Sri Mariamman Temple.

Wiki says

Quote:
The Sri Mariamman Temple was founded in 1827 by Naraina Pillai, eight years after the British East India Company established a trading settlement in Singapore.
Pillai was a government clerk from Penang who arrived in Singapore with Stamford Raffles on his second visit to the island in May 1819. He went on to set up the island's first construction company. He also entered the textile trade. Pillai rapidly established himself in business and was identified as a leader of the Indian community.
They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-7-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-8-large.jpg

Marina bay in the evening.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-9-large.jpg

Post lunch we headed straight to Dhoby Ghaut and took a bus to reach Esplanade. We had booked our Flyer tickets online and hence got a discount of 6 $'s per person.
Its a good 30 mins ride in the flyer and usually the queue's are quite in the evenings and weekend. Make sure you get there early.

That's the best I could get of the Flyer.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-10-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-11-large.jpg

The capsule , not the best thing for photographers. They have these small Blue LED lights in the cabin which truly is a pain if you want to take pictures of the skyline. Reflections all over the glass of the capsule.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-12-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-13-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-14-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-15-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-16-large.jpg

Orchard Street

I don't think this place needs an explanation,you have the money go splurge.

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-17-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-18-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-19-large.jpg

They say " Selamat Datang " ::My Singapore and Malaysian séjour-20-large.jpg

I will wind up the Singapore part with this post. Looks like I have covered most places. Dint make sense for me to create 2 more posts to only add pictures.

We go to Malaysia next.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 2nd July 2010 at 08:53.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:19   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Thats news and why would they do that Ajith ?

Something cool to put on your wall, or go to a party with. Talking about that, my Godson in the UK is moving back home for the holidays and needs to vacate the hostel room. He nicked a traffic bollard and cannot be seen taking it out - idiot!
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Superb traveloque. 5 Stars to this one. Makes me wanna jump on an airplane and go right away.

Been to Europe and USA on business visits but missed the APAC region. Will plan for it in the near future.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:35   #50
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Look at the amazing transformation Singapore has had in 5 years. The Singapore flyer wasn't there. No, even the plans for that weren't there I guess. The 3 towers with the swimming pool (?) on top in Marina bay wasn't there. But there were plans to improve the skyline at that time. The f1 track wasn't there.
5 years is all it took Singapore to move to the next league! 5 years, price of Dal shoots from 35 bucks to a 110 per kilo in India!
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:12   #51
BHPian

Awesome pics there, rjstyles. Some pictures look magical and even like a film studio setting (little india for example)!

Brings back nice memories of my visits to Singapore in 2006. I used stay at the York Hotel, bang next to Orchard Road. Being on business trips, I was free to use taxis for moving about but soon discovered the pleasure of using MRT, and became so used to it in a matter of days. Even the buses are run by SMRT and you can use the same card in buses. What fun it was just roaming around in the weekends.

Little India was all right, but I used to dislike the visiting desis' obsession with the place. I mean, I have seen guys who prefer to stay near Little India even on short trips so that they get Indian food and a more comfortable environment. I liked Little India, but prefered to spend more time in other areas and try out all the variety of foods from the hawkers and the zillion food courts. And I had some Singaporeans (of Chinese and Malay ethnicity) and an American for company. I had great fun eating stuff. Things like cooking live prawns in boiling soup kept on the lunch table and devouring them rightaway, trying out creatures hitherto unheard of (by me) - like the Canadian Geoduck for instance, which looked more like a portable vaccum cleaner when alive in the tank - though it reappeared on our table in a kind of semi-cooked fashion minutes later.

Thanks again riju for bringing back the memories. Singapore zoo and the Botanical Gardens are missing, hope you have them coming. I simply loved the botanical gardens, especially the area where they had the natural rainsofrests growing, and remember an awesome tree (around 47 metres tall) called Jelawai that looked so tall that I was left staring up at it with my mouth agape for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Also request you to please refrain from making references to spirits in your post.
Why sir.. ok if its a rule then I am not saying anything. Else what is the harm in talking about some of the jolly good things you see and experience in life. Drinking and driving is bad and a strict no-no, but I guess no one's suggesting that here.
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:33   #52
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Why sir.. ok if its a rule then I am not saying anything. Else what is the harm in talking about some of the jolly good things you see and experience in life. Drinking and driving is bad and a strict no-no, but I guess no one's suggesting that here.
It was a request from my side, in accordance to the rules laid down by T-BHP.
For benefit of all members, I'm posting them here.

Rule 11. Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving. Posts that don't abide by this view, or containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) will not be entertained on the forum. This rule affects all posts from 1st Jan 2009 onwards.
Other rules can be found at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...on-system.html

My request is not to rub anyone the wrong way, but just a suggestion.
If the Mods deem mention of B word is against rules, they'd edit the post anyway!
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

Riju; beautiful shots, very.

Yet to read the travelogue though ( will do so soon)
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:49   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

You sound like Yoda !
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Nice snaps Riju, waiting for Malaysia
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:10   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju, Just LOVED the night shots you have shared -esp the city scapes. Though there's quite a few text-book shots in here, I keep going back to those.

Did you do any PP on these ?

Oh yes, these pics make me feel like taking a holiday there
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Something cool to put on your wall, or go to a party with. Talking about that, my Godson in the UK is moving back home for the holidays and needs to vacate the hostel room. He nicked a traffic bollard and cannot be seen taking it out - idiot!
hahaha I know of someone who did the same in the US. He had a tough time disposing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Superb traveloque. 5 Stars to this one. Makes me wanna jump on an airplane and go right away.
Been to Europe and USA on business visits but missed the APAC region. Will plan for it in the near future.
Thanks adi' .

Quote:
Wow. Look at the amazing transformation Singapore has had in 5 years. The Singapore flyer wasn't there. No, even the plans for that weren't there I guess. The 3 towers with the swimming pool (?) on top in Marina bay wasn't there. But there were plans to improve the skyline at that time. The f1 track wasn't there.
5 years is all it took Singapore to move to the next league! 5 years, price of Dal shoots from 35 bucks to a 110 per kilo in India!
Nothing stays the same , at-least there .

Quote:
Awesome pics there, rjstyles. Some pictures look magical and even like a film studio setting (little india for example)!
Thanks pjay_in, I simply used my camera to capture what I saw there and put it up here.

Quote:
Thanks again riju for bringing back the memories. Singapore zoo and the Botanical Gardens are missing, hope you have them coming. I simply loved the botanical gardens, especially the area where they had the natural rainsofrests growing, and remember an awesome tree (around 47 metres tall) called Jelawai that looked so tall that I was left staring up at it with my mouth agape for quite some time.
Wifey went there , I wasn't interested in the botanical gardens though.Dint want to make it a real long post ,by adding more pictures. Takes the charm away from the travelogue. I apparently have close to 700+ images and picked a few of them to post here.

Quote:
Quote:
It was a request from my side, in accordance to the rules laid down by T-BHP.
For benefit of all members, I'm posting them here.

My request is not to rub anyone the wrong way, but just a suggestion.
If the Mods deem mention of B word is against rules, they'd edit the post anyway!
Ok folks take it easy on yourselves. Please feel free to report post in case you find it necessary. It was only a descriptive post made and nothing beyond that . One obviously cannot go to Clarke Quay and ask for Lime soda .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yet to read the travelogue though ( will do so soon)
jk thanks. Been having a long day eh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Nice snaps Riju, waiting for Malaysia
Thanks jacs will be up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Riju, Just LOVED the night shots you have shared -esp the city scapes. Though there's quite a few text-book shots in here, I keep going back to those.

Did you do any PP on these ?

Oh yes, these pics make me feel like taking a holiday there
parwath yeah developed them in CS, most were RAW except for a few from the P&S.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:18   #58
BHPian

Ah, brings back some good memories of the recent past Your photography is awesome.

P.S : Don't know how many people felt the same out here, but I enjoyed Malaysia much more than Singapore.
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:31   #59
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
P.S : Don't know how many people felt the same out here, but I enjoyed Malaysia much more than Singapore.
+1 to that. Barring the cleanliness level (which is very stark when you move from Singapore), I loved Malaysia more.
Especially, Johor Bharu, Kota Tinggi, KL and surrounding areas. I missed out on Melaka (malacca).
Many trips I took I skipped the oft repeated circuit and Malaysia proved to be real fun!
Old 4th July 2010, 08:59   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju,

Saw this now at full length- good photos. So this trip will be remembered for more reasons than one, eh ?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks