Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 19:18   #241
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There comes the hotel! HVK?
As pointed out (with an image) the famous one is Sree Annapoorna / Sri Gowrishankar or both and they have many branches in Coimbatore.

They have more or less kept their standards for over 35 years. Have been their patron since the early 70s.

Last edited by trrk : 13th July 2010 at 19:19.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:27   #242
BHPian

Your long drive is awsome. I like the way you have utilized your SUV. Tata Safari is the perfect and matured SUV for Indian roads.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:48   #243
BHPian

Just browsed through the Munnar Pics. Ekdum beautiful. Just looking at those pics were a rejuvenating experience to the eyes. Really gotto go there in the near future.
Old 13th July 2010, 20:19   #244
Senior - BHPian

Very nice photos, LDL. I am happy that you and your family were able to enjoy your vacation down south to the fullest! Awaiting the next part and of course, the pics...
Old 13th July 2010, 20:37   #245
BHPian

Alright...Browsed through the rest of the photos and still hungry for more. Jaldi kijiye LDL Saab.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:49   #246
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your appreciation and remarks.

Sorry for being away. Will try to update this evening. Just a bit busy with increasing responsibilities at office!
Old 16th July 2010, 13:33   #247
Senior - BHPian

The Annapoorna-Gowrishankar that you did stop-was that the one on Mettupalayam road @ Coimbatore?Where did you park?Thats the only downside of eating at Gowrishankar outlets,they never have any parking places
Old 16th July 2010, 17:26   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The Annapoorna-Gowrishankar that you did stop-was that the one on Mettupalayam road @ Coimbatore?Where did you park?Thats the only downside of eating at Gowrishankar outlets,they never have any parking places
Yes, it was on Mettupalayam road, CBE. Parking! oh! even for this HVK sir had given advise already! It was on opposite side of the road, but, there was enough space by the side of the road on our left side. So we parked on our left side itself, other cars were also parked there; and crossed over through the divider to enter into The Annapoorna-Gowrishankar. It was all easy there, no congestion.

Story will continue tomorrow onwards... sorry for delay.
Old 17th July 2010, 18:34   #249
BHPian

Day 12 Departure from Munnar continues..

And journey to Ooty.

After the hills and chinnar WLS drive was over, I assessed the situation, we were late but satisfied for all that sight-seeing. So, on reaching plains and entering TN, I pushed up the speed. Roads were smooth. Filled fuel at Udumalpet. Pollachi came at 2.18 pm, reached CBE at 3pm. After crossing the 1st major bypass crossing, towards CBE city, I called HVK sir, for directions to cross the city. Once he got the exact location where we were standing; it was a cake walk for us what with that live teleconferencing! He called several times himself and we were out of the main city, on to Mettupalayam road in few min, reached famous Shree Annapoorna at 3.28! He made sure that we are safely in Annapoorna by calling again when we have reached there. Thanks Sir for such caring nature of yours. . At the cost of repeating, I'll again say, its more about that helping and caring heart and soul, then the human GPS.

It was a well needed eating break. Had dosas, lassi, ice-creams and sweet. Though, their AC hall was closed, that being the odd time. But, even non-AC common hall was neat and service was good, taste too. I am sure Ampere is reading all this stuff rather too carefully .

Left at 4.20 pm. At Mettupalayam had that pleasant surprise meeting with bhpian beejay as told earlier. He was driving just ahead of us on his way to Connor in his cute new Xylo. Return traffic from Coonoor was very heavy. Finally reached Coonoor at 6.20 and Ooty at 7pm. Our Guest house was 5 kms from Bust stand, reached there at 7.25 pm. That night, also I sent sms to already mentioned bhpians. It was cool, windy, but not raining.

How did we like Ooty? Well, wait and see!
Ooty sight-seeing with pics coming up next...stay tuned.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 17th July 2010 at 18:38.
Old 17th July 2010, 18:43   #250
Team-BHP Support

Only point LDL, I was thinking was, when we happen to have such a long list of places to visit, how does one keep a memory log of places he/she would have seen.

What do I mean by that? An example: I remember each and every LTC that I took with my parents. Why? Because each time we chose one place to go.
On mentioning that place, I tend to remember every aspect of travel to the place and the memories associated.

Is this possible when we cover places together? In fact not just multiple as in your case, but many. I just wanted to know your perspective.

I guess thinking aloud, this is how we all tend to remember, we when visit US or Europe for a 2-3 week holiday.

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2010 at 18:46.
Old 17th July 2010, 19:06   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Only point LDL, I was thinking was, when we happen to have such a long list of places to visit, how does one keep a memory log of places he/she would have seen.

I guess thinking aloud, this is how we all tend to remember, we when visit US or Europe for a 2-3 week holiday.
Yes, memory may get cluttered at times and result in a 'khichdi' , specially, when we are visiting very alien kind of places like in foreign countries. Remembering so many sight-seeing locations at so many places, then journey details, etc, for 20 days may be very difficult in such situations. But, in our case, we were visiting those famous places and well known points, though for the 1st time, but, have read so much about them in TLs, that helped in keeping memory. However, otherwise also, I have very good and vivid memory , even without noting anything, can recall many details (off course, not the odo readings, but timings of major places, we started and reached, I remember, even w/o seeing the notebook!) . So, yes, in a way, just 'rewinding the tape' and thinking aloud ! And the story starts to flow naturally! I am sure its same about you too. Remember that Aligarh bus conductor episodes, the passenger train, etc..
Old 17th July 2010, 20:06   #252
Senior - BHPian

Hi LDL,

Your travelogue is going strong, hills often attract more people than plains. your travelogue seems to prove it.

queen of hills...Ooty.. i have to go there again probably some time in near future. waiting to read more.
Old 18th July 2010, 18:55   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi LDL,
Your travelogue is going strong, hills often attract more people than plains. your travelogue seems to prove it.
queen of hills...Ooty.. i have to go there again probably some time in near future. waiting to read more.
Thanks Star. Ooty with pics coming up tomorrow, for sure. Just too much busy with tremendous new responsibilities at office .
Old 18th July 2010, 23:54   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Just too much busy with tremendous new responsibilities at office .
On a Sunday
Old 19th July 2010, 12:15   #255
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Longdrive lover bhai. Everytime I come to your post, I see only, this message - Ooty pics coming up tomorrow for sure.
Ooty pics will come tomorrow, it's ok. But when will this tomorrow come?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks