Old 20th February 2022, 20:35   #2131

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi Friends,

Please share the feedback of the following tyres in 165/80 R14:

Apollo Amazer 4G Life
MRF ZV2K
JK Tornado/ Taximaxx
Ceat Milaze
any other company of same specifications.

Thanks in advance
Old 21st February 2022, 10:05   #2132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikanth01 View Post
Hi Friends,

Please share the feedback of the following tyres in 165/80 R14:

Apollo Amazer 4G Life
MRF ZV2K
JK Tornado/ Taximaxx
Ceat Milaze
any other company of same specifications.

Thanks in advance
Well, all the options in your shortlist are hard compound tyres. More on the durable and long lasting side rather than grip and comfort. If that's what you are after, go ahead with the cheapest option which offers unconditional warranty as there is no significant differentiator in any of these options that'll make you pick that over others.

Last edited by self_driven : 21st February 2022 at 10:13.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:01   #2133

@Self_driven
Actually I got BRIDGESTONE S248 tyres along with the car. I never had any complaints with it. I was thinking of going for an economical one for replacement as car became 9 years old now. However, after some enquiries n research, i have decided that it's better to go with Bridgestone itself though it may cost few thousands more for 4 tyres. My service manager also suggested to go with it and said that I may not be satisfied with JK, Apollo or MRF after driving Bridgestone all these years.

So, finally decided to go with same Bridgestone tyres with same 165/80 r14. getting them on today. Thank you all for the advices n information
manikanth01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 19:19   #2134

Yesterday I have got the new pair of shoes for my car. As planned I have sticked to BRIDGESTONE company. However. instead of 165/80 R14 I went for 185/70 R14 Turanza. There was only a difference of Rs500 per tyre compared between the both. I thought 2k for Turanza with 20mm more width is worth the cost. After having driven almost worn out tyres from few months, the new tyres with extra width seems like butter. I am enjoying the drive. The ride quality is smooth, more grip on turnings. Have to explore as I use it more. Just wanted to update. Thank You for your inputs friends
manikanth01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 19:33   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Will a 205 55 R15 (MRF Zsport) for a 2019 ZXi+ Swift be a bad idea? Will it need a change in wheel by any chance since diameter is the same? Also will it touch the inner car parts while on a full load and on potholes? I understand the ground clearance might reduce by a few mm on the already low ride height of the Swift.

What will be the better wider tyre size if not the 205 on the stock alloy wheels?

Thanks.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 27th December 2022 at 19:46.
Old 4th February 2023, 21:43   #2136

Hello Fellow BHPians,

I am from Mumbai and have a 2015 Swift LXI which is due for a makeover. I am looking to upgrade tyres and install an infotainment system. I will possibly run this car for another 5-6 years.

Regarding tyres:-
Currently I have stock tyres 165/80 R14 and I am now going for 15". From the alloy options available in market, I have zeroed in on NeoWheels 15X7J (6J are not available at all, 6.5J only 1 option available which I didn't like).

Coming to the tyres on these alloys, I am inclined towards 185/65 R15 (1st preference) or 195/60 R15 (2nd preference). After tons of research, I zeroed in on Michelin Primacy 4ST and (surprise surprise) they are no longer available either in Mumbai or Pune (and possibly all over India). The options now available to me are Continental UC6, Yokohama BluEarth AE51 and Bridgestone Sturdo.

Looking for your advice on which of these options hits the sweet spot of better road grip, better plushness in ride quality and better durability (30-40K Kms). Budget is not a constraint.

Regarding infotainment system:-
I have gone through this super informative thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ing-guide.html (The Android Head-Unit buying guide)

I am looking for a 9" touchscreen in the range of 20-25K. Looking for advice on which brands can I go for in that range and which (reliable) places in Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai will offer the best deals.

Thanks in advance!
Old 5th February 2023, 02:00   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitB View Post
The options now available to me are Continental UC6, Yokohama BluEarth AE51 and Bridgestone Sturdo.
which of these options hits the sweet spot of better road grip, better plushness in ride quality and better durability (30-40K Kms). Budget is not a constraint.
Hi Ankit,
UC6 is a good option for your needs, but it might not last upwards of 40k km (the durability of a tyre is highly dependent on the usage and maintenance)

Quote:
I am looking for a 9" touchscreen in the range of 20-25K. Looking for advice on which brands can I go for in that range.
You can go for Blaupunkt Key largo 980 if you don't need Android auto/Apple car play, a fellow bhpian has an in-depth review of the head unit.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post5378753
NA-driver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 10:02   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow BHPians,

I am from Mumbai and have a 2015 Swift LXI which is due for a makeover. I am looking to upgrade tyres and install an infotainment system. Thanks in advance!
195/60R15 should be your first preference. 195 section is the minimum recommendation for 7J rim width. 185 section tyres will be too narrow which limits sidewall flex and hampers comfort.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 19:00   #2139

Hello Team-BHP Family,

Finally Project Swift 2.0 comes to an end.

What started as a necessity (changing tyres approaching end of life) turned out to be a full blown upgrade.

Starting with tyres:
Went for 15X7J Alloy wheels + Bridgestone Sturdo combination. Took the wheels and tyres from the same dealer, that ways I have peace of mind. Also took @Self_Driven's advice to go for 195/60R15 considering the rim width.

Lights:
Got rid of the yellow stock lights and went for 6000K H4 White LED light. This has improved night time visibility like Night and Day! Complimented it by installing White Fog lights with DRLs and Turn indicators.

Infotainment System:
Since most of the branded / unbranded Head units are manufactured in China (except for maybe Pioneer, Sony, Blaupunkt), I went for an unbranded one for which the dealer offered 12 months warranty. 4GB RAM/64GB HDD/Octa Core Processor with 9" FHD Touchscreen and Android 10. Came with Blaupunkt rear view camera and apple car play.

Mats: Went for GFX All Season mats.

Detailing: Went for Interior and Exterior detailing along with Glass polishing.

It feels like a different car altogether now. The cabin has become super silent, handling has improved considerably, infotainment system is super responsive and navigation is working like a charm.

Coming to the costing:
15X7J Neo Wheels Alloys: 25K
195/60 R15 BridgeStone Sturdo: 27K
Lights, Infotainment System, Mats: 28K
Detailing: 5K

Sharing some pics. Sorry, I couldn't take the before ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2429.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2430.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2431.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2432.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2433.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2435.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2436.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2459.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2461.jpg  

AnkitB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 11:42   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
Lights:
Got rid of the yellow stock lights and went for 6000K H4 White LED light. This has improved night time visibility like Night and Day! Complimented it by installing White Fog lights with DRLs and Turn indicators.
Could you please let me know the brand, cost of these white LED bulbs?
Does this come in 100/90W rating?

Currently, I have 100/90W yellow light on my Swift VDi and as such feel it's insufficient to figure out the road surface on low beam.
Old 28th February 2023, 00:52   #2141

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could you please let me know the brand, cost of these white LED bulbs?
Does this come in 100/90W rating?

Currently, I have 100/90W yellow light on my Swift VDi and as such feel it's insufficient to figure out the road surface on low beam.
Hello JMaruru,

I went for RSR Stun Premium white LED bulbs. They are 120W/Pair and 15000 Lumen/Pair. It came with 18 months 'table' replacement warranty and costed 6200 for pair.

p.s. There are good brands like Osram Night Vision 6000K White LED Bulbs that come at half the price (~3500) and 12 months warranty. I searched many dealers but couldn't find a single one selling that product. It was available on Amazon but considering that I'll be on my own for claiming the warranty, I decided against that option.
Old 19th March 2023, 16:21   #2142
BHPian

Hi,
I have a 2019 Swift LXi and have clocked around 40k kms on the stock tyres. Recently noticed increased increased road noise from tyres and bumpy rides. I think that the compound has hardened over time. Tread depth is enough for around 5k-8k kms mileage.
So I was thinking of upgrading to alloy wheels and upsizing.
Went through the thread and found that 195/60 R15 is the most popular upsize with just a -0.24% diameter offset.

I have shortlisted these 3 tyres based on the reviews on TBHP.
1. Continental CC6
2. Continental UC6
3. Yokohama BluEarth GT

I am looking for a decent grip, less noisy and decent comfort tyres. However I travel solo for long distances and would very much like to avoid very soft compounds (e.g. Michelin P3ST) which tend to have sidewall damage over bad patches of road.

It would be very helpful if fellow BHPians can throw some light on which tyres to choose among the above.

Thanks!
dr.kushagra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 23:52   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.kushagra View Post
Hi,

Went through the thread and found tha
1. Continental CC6
2. Continental UC6
3. Yokohama BluEarth GT

Thanks!
Hey mate, i went through a similar upgrade path. Baleno 185/65/R15 to 195/60/R15.

I was also looking for good grip, less noise and decently rugged tyres which don't puncture.

Finally went ahead with UC6. I have covered 10k on these tyres and have faced only 1 puncture (in city, a nail). Parag, a bhipan has been to rough terrains on these tyres and they performed well.

Go for the UC6, you will not regret it! Ensure that the stock is fresh (less than 6months old)!
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 04:10   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Go for the UC6, you will not regret it! Ensure that the stock is fresh (less than 6months old)!
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Will definitely prefer UC6 as my first choice!
Old 19th June 2023, 19:28   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.kushagra View Post
Hi,
I have a 2019 Swift LXi and have clocked around 40k kms on the stock tyres. Recently noticed increased increased road noise from tyres and bumpy rides. I think that the compound has hardened over time. Tread depth is enough for around 5k-8k kms mileage.
So I was thinking of upgrading to alloy wheels and upsizing.
Went through the thread and found that 195/60 R15 is the most popular upsize with just a -0.24% diameter offset.

1. Continental CC6
2. Continental UC6
3. Yokohama BluEarth GT

I am looking for a decent grip, less noisy and decent comfort tyres. However I travel solo for long distances and would very much like to avoid very soft compounds (e.g. Michelin P3ST) which tend to have sidewall damage over bad patches of road.

It would be very helpful if fellow BHPians can throw some light on which tyres to choose among the above.

Thanks!
Got for UC6, I have used them on my Rapid. Have you upgraded to 15" alloys? Asking because Lxi comes with 14" wheels , I think.
If so, which alloys? I have a 2022 Vxi with 14" wheels, and I also intend to install 15" alloys.
Brigadier is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed