Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 10:01   #2161
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Hi, I am in the market to upgrade the tyres of my Gen 2 Swift VXI(O). It has come with 14inch wheel rims.

1. I am planning to upgrade to 15 inch rims. Will the rims of Baleno fit? Anything to check when i buy?

2. Pls suggest good shoes for 185/65 R15. The stock MRF has lasted 7 years without any puncture. I am looking for something which is comfort, has good grip and durable enough to last 5 years as my running is low. I am inclined towards Yokohama and Continental.
I am a very happy customer of Yoko Bluearth tyres in my Swift. 5000kms+ driven without any issues.
Old 17th February 2024, 14:37   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Changed my Swift's factory tyres to MRF Perfinza 195 60 R15 after waiting around the fence for more than a year. The original Apollo did well but were 5 years old and I had just done ~23.5 kms on them. I wanted the MRF's for a long time so decided to get them finally. The steering now just feels slightly heavy and not burdersome. The ride has definitely improved and the car feels glued to the road.

The car now has become silent and I can now hear the typical dashboard rattle clearly . Overall I am ejnoying the grip and even at 31 psi the car feels comfortable over bumps. To compare against the Apollo the car at 31 psi the suspension would feel hard the car would be very bumpy. Since I fill the air in the tyres myself I would fill ~2 psi more so just the I have a longer interval between fill ups. Very happy with the MRF's (200 kms done so far) and I would recommend anyone to upsize to 195 60 R 15 as the car feels more mature. I can't just wait to driver her again. Got them for 5.8k a piece. Will updtate if the FE goes down.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 09:16   #2163
Senior - BHPian

I want to buy a new 15 inch steel rim to be kept as spare instead of the 14 inch rim provided. Boodmo sites say 15 inch is incompatible with my vehicle. What will be the specs for the Swift for a 15 inch rim? Will a Baleno 15 inch steel rim available on Boodmo fit the Swift?

Thanks.
Old 30th March 2024, 19:36   #2164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I want to buy a new 15 inch steel rim to be kept as spare instead of the 14 inch rim provided. Boodmo sites say 15 inch is incompatible with my vehicle. What will be the specs for the Swift for a 15 inch rim? Will a Baleno 15 inch steel rim available on Boodmo fit the Swift?

Thanks.
Specs for the Swift for a 15 inch rim would be 15 x 5.5J 4 hole 100 pcd.
And yes, a Baleno 15 inch steel rim will definitely fit the Swift.
Yakuza is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 13:16   #2165
Senior - BHPian

I got my Swift a 15 inch rim and had a MRF ZVTV (185 65 R15) tire installed on same and placed it in the trunk. I still have the old 14 inch (165 80 R14) spare and currently it is lying in the car like below. I was thinking of getting an additional spare tyre of a smaller size so that it can fit in the boot. Not sure if it is a good idea not really about worried about boot space as long drives we travel with light luggage. What I am concerned is that in case of a unfortunate rear end shunt the spare will push against the passengers in the rear seat. What do you guys think? Can I get a smaller size like 165 65 R14 to fit properly in the trunk? Having two spares gives more peace of mind, as mentioned earlier boot space is not a concern. My car is running on MRF Perfinza's all 4.

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20240418_070649.jpg

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks