Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 19:11   #2011
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
Yes I am using it as spare only. Can I remove this strip with some tool and get the tyre repaired again by some more experienced person
IMO you are getting worried a bit too much. Nothing to worry as you are using this as a "spare tyre" and NOT the regular one. Is the air leaking from that area?

What I'll suggest is, use a knife and cut the excessive portion off. Don't cut too much to open the hole. Just mildly level it with the tyre. Generally the repair shaves the excess off after checking for air tightness.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 17:08   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IMO you are getting worried a bit too much. Nothing to worry as you are using this as a "spare tyre" and NOT the regular one. Is the air leaking from that area?

What I'll suggest is, use a knife and cut the excessive portion off. Don't cut too much to open the hole. Just mildly level it with the tyre. Generally the repair shaves the excess off after checking for air tightness.
There are no air leaks. I have cut the excess portion and it looks a lot more better now.

I will change it to tube type in my next puncture (still use it as spare though). Puncture-wala told me that sidewall puncture repairs are more prone to give up than tread puncture. Is it true?
Old 24th January 2016, 18:40   #2013
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
Puncture-wala told me that sidewall puncture repairs are more prone to give up than tread puncture. Is it true?
He is correct. As the sidewall takes all the load of flexing during the tyre rolling and when it hits any bumps, potholes etc. So any weak area in the sidewall will give way at some point or the other.
Old 21st April 2016, 15:56   #2014
BHPian

I have a query and I'm pretty sure it has been answered, i couldn't find the answer though. Here goes. What would be the correct size in a 16" tyre for the swift. I have a 2014 vxi that i have already ordered rims for and just need clarity on this. Would a 205\50\16 be fine? Thanks in advance.
Old 18th May 2016, 15:58   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Has anyone ordered tyres online from changemytyres.com?

Its got the best online prices but wasn't sure whether to proceed with it or not. Planning to go for Michelin's XM2, set of 5 for my Swift.
Old 18th May 2016, 16:07   #2016
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Has anyone ordered tyres online from changemytyres.com?.
I have not used changemytyre.com but I have ordered a set of 4 tyres from Paytm for my colleagues Alto.

Bridgestone B 290
145/80 R12
MRP: ₹10,600
After cashback: ₹9000

Got the delivery at home in 4 days in good condition and the MFD of the tyre was March 2016.

There is a thread already running, do go through for the feedback before you order.
Old 20th May 2016, 01:08   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Has anyone ordered tyres online from changemytyres.com?

Its got the best online prices but wasn't sure whether to proceed with it or not. Planning to go for Michelin's XM2, set of 5 for my Swift.
Brilliant choice. They are absolutely awesome to have. Price of them were 5000 when I had them changed. 12,000 kms later, one puncture and again, they are brilliant. Your car would feel newer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
I have a query and I'm pretty sure it has been answered, i couldn't find the answer though. Here goes. What would be the correct size in a 16" tyre for the swift. I have a 2014 vxi that i have already ordered rims for and just need clarity on this. Would a 205\50\16 be fine? Thanks in advance.
Hey, check out the upsize calculator. Would answer your query

Link: http://www.tiresizecalculator.info/m/

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th May 2016 at 06:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 20th May 2016, 01:25   #2018
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Here goes. What would be the correct size in a 16" tyre for the swift.
195/55 R16 and 205/50 R16

These are the two sizes I can think of.

IMO 195 section is sufficient for the Swift. 205's are a overkill unless one is seriously looking for grip.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:46   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
195/55 R16 and 205/50 R16

These are the two sizes I can think of.

IMO 195 section is sufficient for the Swift. 205's are a overkill unless one is seriously looking for grip.
Thanks a lot, settled on 205/50/16's as they were available in the tyres i wanted.

what would be the correct tyre pressure to run these on. i'm currently running them at 32 all around. the car has two people most of the time, three at the max from time to time. thanks in advance.
Old 11th June 2016, 19:18   #2020
BHPian

Re: The official alloy wheel show off thread. Lets see your wheels!

Hello Bhpians,
I've done 67K on the odo on my 4.5 years Swift on the 14 inch stock Bridgestone S248s.
The tread seem to be still good and I could pull out another 20K minimum on them.
But I can't wait that long to get the car a new set of some good looking alloys.

I'm now looking forward to go 15 inches.

So I've been doing my homework lately. The concave designs seem to have kept me busy with the searching.

I'm more inclined towards designs like these:

They are the Road & Terrain series by Lenso, but they say that this design is not been developed in 15 inches.

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-mag_03oct15184541.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-road_terrain.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-rt_7_concave.jpg

What I ended up with today was a nice design by GTR in 15 inches.
Not sure of the name of the design as well.
And they are a bit concave.
Would've been good if it had the black and silver finish like the Lenso in the first pic above.
I should've taken the pic in front view as well. My Bad!

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-gtr1.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-gtr2.jpg

Can you please guide me where can I get such designs in any brands in Bangalore in specific and anywhere else in general.

Appreciate your help!
Old 21st June 2016, 21:18   #2021
BHPian

Hi

I am in the process of budgeting for a car purchase at Kolkata. The vehicle selected is the Maruti Suzuki Dzire ZDI AGS (AMT).

Would like advice on the following

1. Immediate tyre upgrade (standard fitment is 185 / 65 R 15), tyre upsize shows 215 / 60 R 15 - where could I procure this size / which manufacturer / what cost differencial do I expect

2. Custom stitched leather steering wheel cover (black)

3. A good set of floor mats

4. Should I replace the audio with one with navigation screen or should I opt for Garmin / Map my India

Thanks in advance
Old 21st June 2016, 21:32   #2022
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
1. Immediate tyre upgrade (standard fitment is 185 / 65 R 15), tyre upsize shows 215 / 60 R 15 - where could I procure this size / which manufacturer / what cost differencial do I expect
I'll suggest you to not go overboard with the upsize. Since you are sure of doing an upsize, get 195/60 R15.

You have plenty of choices in this specification. 215/60 R15 would be too much for the Dzire IMO.

Get better brand rubber like Michelin or Yokohama.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 18:21   #2023
BHPian

Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to fit a rim with 8 holes to the Swift? I am attaching the image herewith.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-hrs.jpg  

Old 12th July 2016, 22:24   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks2010 View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to fit a rim with 8 holes to the Swift? I am attaching the image herewith.
I saw those rims in 14" at Sai Mag Wheels but didn't find it very appealing for my Swift. Yes, they will fit. 8 holes means that 4 holes have 100mm PCD and the other 4 have 108mm PCD. They will fit on the Swift which accepts 4 holes at 100mm PCD.
Old 19th July 2016, 18:40   #2025
Deo
BHPian

So I changed two front tires on my Swift ZXi from Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/60/R15 to Continental MC5 195/60/R15 about couple of weeks back. A strange thing I have noticed is there is lot mud splashed on ORVM from the front tires since this change. Has anyone encountered a similar problem ? is it just the different pattern on tires that is causing this ? It wasn't the case with Bridgstones earlier, which I have used over 3-4 seasons before this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks