Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 17:32   #1861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Have you checked All New Honda City wheels? They may of the specs you need.
Hey thanks buddy, with your advice, I contacted Sai Iyengar tyre shop in Indira Nagar, Bangalore (found contact details in tbhp directory). Luckily they had Honda City's wheels. I got 195/60R15 Yoko A drives and these rims, paid 21k and gave away my stock wheels with tyres on 29th. Next day, I came to Chennai and the drive was a pleasure. Thanks to you, the car feels so planted and stable.

Mod Note: Post edited to remove high-speed references. Please drive safe!

Last edited by noopster : 18th July 2014 at 17:25.
Old 16th June 2014, 10:44   #1862

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello guys

I need advice. I am going in for a new Swift VXI post-monsoon and I have a fad for alloy wheels. Maruti will get me its own alloy wheels though it is not part of standard accessories for the VXI. I have following questions: Are there any disadvantages in having 185/65 R15 fitted in VXI? For that matter can this be fitted on to a Ritz VXI model? Will this change in any way impact engine performance and life?
Old 17th June 2014, 17:51   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan08 View Post
Hello guys

I need advice. I am going in for a new Swift VXI post-monsoon and I have a fad for alloy wheels. Maruti will get me its own alloy wheels though it is not part of standard accessories for the VXI. I have following questions: Are there any disadvantages in having 185/65 R15 fitted in VXI? For that matter can this be fitted on to a Ritz VXI model? Will this change in any way impact engine performance and life?
Best upgrade for a Swift is 195/60 R 15. If you hadn't have plans for upgrading the wheels, I would suggest a 185.
Old 18th June 2014, 06:33   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan08 View Post
I have following questions: Are there any disadvantages in having 185/65 R15 fitted in VXI? For that matter can this be fitted on to a Ritz VXI model? Will this change in any way impact engine performance and life?
185/65 R15 is a very good option for Swift. It is the stock size for Z variant. And 185 cross section is all you need for the Swift.

It will suit the Ritz too and there will be no impact on the engine. But Ritz doesn't go over potholes and bumps as well as the current Swift and you will lose the ride quality with 15" wheels. Better to stick with 14" for Ritz, the stock size is 185/70 R14.
Old 26th June 2014, 19:38   #1865

Hello guys

I am in a dillema & need advice. I own a Maruti Suzuki Old Swift 1.3L Lxi 2009 model. The stock JK Tornados have run 40k kms till date. Recently one of the tyres burst on the highway. I was lucky to escape the situation as the speed wasn't high.

I have made up my mind to change my tyres & have zeroed in on -Michelin - Energy XM2 - 195/60R15, which I plan to purchase online from Snapdeal due to offers available. I am in a confusion whether it would be wise to do so. As wheel alignment & balancing will have to be done physically in a tyre shop.

Another doubt which I have is - choosing the alloys.
I have zeroed in on an alloy design named as T555 from the company Tiara Alloys (also available on snapdeal). This also I have checked online only & I have really my heart on this alloy design. The doubt is whether they will fit properly in the Michelin - Energy XM2 - 195/60R15?

The specifications for the alloys are as follows:-
Size: 15 X 6.5 inches
Offset (mm):32
Holes: 4
PCD (mm): 100
Bore Diameter: 60.7 mm / 67.2 mm

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/tiar...hine/596379563

Any guidance would be really helpful to me, as I am a first time tyre & alloy purchaser & need to upgrade the setup within a month.
Old 27th June 2014, 00:33   #1866
BHPian

15x6.5 is just perfect for 195/60 R 15.
Just go for it.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 19:42   #1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
15x6.5 is just perfect for 195/60 R 15.
Just go for it.
Is the offset of 32mm a bit too low? Reading from old posts from this thread I deciphered that 42mm Offset is ideal for old Swift.
Old 16th July 2014, 21:30   #1868
BHPian

I want to upgrade my stock tyres on my Swift Zdi. The tyres have run 33000 kms and I am getting Rs. 1000 per tyre. For option I am looking at Michelin Primacy 3st and Bridgestone truanza.So my fellow Bhpian's Which one should I go for?
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:54   #1869
Senior - BHPian

So what did you go with? I am looking to change tires on my Swift zxi and am thinking of getting Apollo Alnac 4G.

I am quite tempted to drive down to Mohali for buying the tires from your dealer as the buy back of 33000 km run tires @ 1000 each is very enticing as my car is yet to clock 30K. Care to share the final deal details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I want to upgrade my stock tyres on my Swift Zdi. The tyres have run 33000 kms and I am getting Rs. 1000 per tyre. For option I am looking at Michelin Primacy 3st and Bridgestone truanza.So my fellow Bhpian's Which one should I go for?
Old 23rd July 2014, 23:06   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So what did you go with? I am looking to change tires on my Swift zxi and am thinking of getting Apollo Alnac 4G.

I am quite tempted to drive down to Mohali for buying the tires from your dealer as the buy back of 33000 km run tires @ 1000 each is very enticing as my car is yet to clock 30K. Care to share the final deal details?
I went with Bridgestone Truanza ER 60 tyres and I am truly impressed. These tyres are simply superb. Had a run of 1000 km from my home town jalalabad, punjab to Gurgaon via ludhiana and the cornering abilities plus stability they provided was awesome.
I didn't buy it from mohali. There is a place named malout near bathinda which is a big car market. I went there with my uncle for some family work and just went there to check the prices of tyres.
The Dealer there Gandhi tyres quoted me 5500 for each tyre and buy back @ 1250 per tyre. Bargained a bit and got free wheel balancing as well. Thus tempted me to see if anything was fishy regarding new tyres. Checked the manufacturing of the tyres and was april 14.
Immediately decided to change the footwear of my lovely swift there only and got the best bang for the buck.
IMHO bridgestone tyres are better suited to indian roads compared to michelin which have softer compound and weaker sidewalls.
Apollo Alnac 4g is no where near primacy 3st or Bridgestone truanza.

if you need just pm me. I will provide the details of the dealer.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 10:47   #1871
Senior - BHPian

At the outset, I am surprised. my 2011 Swift Zdi running on stock MRF ZVTV has clocked 61000kms and the thread still remains.

Now, I am changing the tyres tomorrow and want to stick to stock size and want to buy MRF.

Should I stick with the stock tyres or ZLO in 195/60R15?

Benny
Old 31st July 2014, 12:50   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
At the outset, I am surprised. my 2011 Swift Zdi running on stock MRF ZVTV has clocked 61000kms and the thread still remains.

Now, I am changing the tyres tomorrow and want to stick to stock size and want to buy MRF.

Benny
MRF ZVTV are one of the worst. You are satiafied with them because you haven't tried something better. Believe me, your car deserves better shoes.
I am running my Swift on 195/60 R15 Yokohama A-drive and trust me, they are a huge relief after the stock JK tornados.
I strongly recommend at least one upsize, from 185 to 195 section. Keep your stock alloys this way, and as far as brand is concerned, Yokos are one of the best, Michelin energy XM2 are also there. These two have a tad too soft sidewalls, good for city, not the best for highways. In this sense, Bridgestone Turanza have thicker sidewalls, if that is what you prefer. I have little idea about MRF ZLOs, so no comments there.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:38   #1873
Senior - BHPian

Hey Benny, you may want to look at the Apollo Alnac 4G. I am getting these for my Zxi in stock size of 185/70R14, have been offered these @ 3650/- each. Same price point as the MRF but better quality IMHO. The same tyre is being sold by Apollo internationally and off late it's product offerings have been developed / produced under technical inputs from Michelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

Benny
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 16:34   #1874
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2006 Swift Vxi changed to its third set of tyres last weekend. It was running Yokohama A drives in 185/70R14 for the last ~4yrs/30,000 km. I was quite happy with the performance of the A drives but they'd started to harden and become more susceptible to punctures. So before the monsoon struck in its full fury, decided to get them changed.

Switched to Michelin Energy XM2 in 185/70 R14- set of 4 for just under 19,000/- (balancing, aligning included) at Lokmanya Tyres off Karve Road. Took some quotes from him and compared online (changemytyre.com) and at another dealer I know (Metro tyres in Pimple Saudagar, PCMC). The comparisons are below:

Name:  SwiftTyres.png
Views: 3290
Size:  10.3 KB

Honestly I was taken aback at how high the ZLo and Acelere were priced so didn't bother asking for quotes from the offline dealers. Have used Aceleres which came stock on my Vento and was quite happy with them, and Nikhilb speaks highly of the ZLo. But it simply didn't seem worth settling for those when the Michelin was not that much of a stretch. I was almost sure I would retain the Yokos till I realized it was barely a 1700/- difference for the set.

Tyres feel solid and grippy, with minimal noise. Was forced to take the car over some pretty lousy terrain earlier this week and they seemed to hold up nicely.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:04   #1875
Senior - BHPian

I got myself Michelin Xm2 185 65 R 15 at 5500 from Coimbatore.

It was raining all the way from Coimbatore up the hills. Excellent handling, no tyre noise.

Most Viewed