Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:13   #1876
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey Benny, you may want to look at the Apollo Alnac 4G. I am getting these for my Zxi in stock size of 185/70R14, have been offered these @ 3650/- each. Same price point as the MRF but better quality IMHO. The same tyre is being sold by Apollo internationally and off late it's product offerings have been developed / produced under technical inputs from Michelin.
The price seems to be in the range of Amazer series. Is Alnac 4G series the successor of the Amazer series or the Acelere series? How does Apollo Acelere vs Alnac 4G compare, in terms of performance?
Old 3rd August 2014, 14:03   #1877
Senior - BHPian

Alnac is the replacement for the Accelere, which now stands withdrawn. I do not have any comparisons for reference but going by the proven track record go the Accelere, expect the Alnac to be similar if not better.

Here in Dilli, I am getting the Alnac for 3650/- , Yokohama A drives @ 4200/- and the XM2+ for 4600/-. For my Zxi which has a daily run of 10Kms, the Alnac is a no brainer, more so coming from the OE JK Vectras it is an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
The price seems to be in the range of Amazer series. Is Alnac 4G series the successor of the Amazer series or the Acelere series? How does Apollo Acelere vs Alnac 4G compare, in terms of performance?
Old 4th August 2014, 15:53   #1878
BHPian

I have a 2007 Swift LXi thats done ~40K.

This is the second car and does'nt run much- maybe twice a week office duty (40-50Kms/week, city driving only)

Been getting a lotta punctures on the OEM tyres and was thinking of getting new tires- which one would you guys recommend? I do not need anything fancy..

Last edited by BUXX : 4th August 2014 at 15:56.
Old 4th August 2014, 16:32   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Been getting a lotta punctures on the OEM tyres and was thinking of getting new tires- which one would you guys recommend? I do not need anything fancy..
7 years is way too long to run OE tyres- please change at the earliest.

You can stick with the stock Lxi size of 165/80R14: I checked changemytyre.com in that size and you have local options like CEAT Milaze, MRF ZV2k and Apollo Amazer around the 3000/tyre range ex-Delhi. A local dealer should give you those at a rate that is 200-300 per tyre cheaper. That means you should have a basic setup in place for just over 11K. Retain the least worn of your original set as the permanent spare. Just mind that you replace the spare as soon as you repair a punctured tyre (i.e. use 4 tyres in rotation, not 5).
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 19:09   #1880
BHPian

What should be the ideal tyre pressure for swift running on 195/60 R15 Bridgestone truanza er-60?
Old 4th August 2014, 23:24   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
What should be the ideal tyre pressure for swift running on 195/60 R15 Bridgestone truanza er-60?
32 front & 30 rear for diesel & 32 all around for petrol
piyush78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 09:08   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2007 Swift LXi thats done ~40K.

This is the second car and does'nt run much- maybe twice a week office duty (40-50Kms/week, city driving only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You can stick with the stock Lxi size of 165/80R14: I checked changemytyre.com in that size and you have local options like CEAT Milaze, MRF ZV2k and Apollo Amazer around the 3000/tyre range ex-Delhi. A local dealer should give you those at a rate that is 200-300 per tyre cheaper. That means you should have a basic setup in place for just over 11K. Retain the least worn of your original set as the permanent spare. Just mind that you replace the spare as soon as you repair a punctured tyre (i.e. use 4 tyres in rotation, not 5).
Another option since you are sticking to 165 size is to see if you can source the tyres off someone who is buying a new Swift and is planning to upgrade the OEM tyres. The new OEM tyres typically fetch less than 1000 when you try to sell it to the dealer while upgrading- if you are willing to offer a slightly better deal, it would be a win-win for both the buyer and the seller. Since you are from Delhi, there would be a lot of folks (including BHPians) who would be upgrading the OEM tyres and would be happy to deal.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 09:47   #1883
BHPian

Great though zenren !!! Thanks !!

Side query now to any NCR member: who is looking to upgrade their new OEM tires?! Willing buyer here !
Old 8th August 2014, 09:45   #1884
BHPian

Got a shiny new 4-tyre set of Goodyear Duraplus for 12K all inclusive
(incl. costs towards repair of a jammed nut in the front wheel (took 1.5 hours to fix this)

Got free alignment and Balancing done- Camber adjustment needed to be done for this same wheel. is that a serious thing?

Will go for another round of free Wheel alignment after 1000 kms- which is 4-5 months down the line with my current usage of this car.

Next up- servicing this baby !
Old 8th August 2014, 10:24   #1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_roamer View Post
Hello guys

I am in a dillema & need advice. I own a Maruti Suzuki Old Swift 1.3L Lxi 2009 model. The stock JK Tornados have run 40k kms till date. Recently one of the tyres burst on the highway. I was lucky to escape the situation as the speed wasn't high.

I have made up my mind to change my tyres & have zeroed in on -Michelin - Energy XM2 - 195/60R15, which I plan to purchase online from Snapdeal due to offers available. I am in a confusion whether it would be wise to do so. As wheel alignment & balancing will have to be done physically in a tyre shop.

Another doubt which I have is - choosing the alloys.
I have zeroed in on an alloy design named as T555 from the company Tiara Alloys (also available on snapdeal). This also I have checked online only & I have really my heart on this alloy design. The doubt is whether they will fit properly in the Michelin - Energy XM2 - 195/60R15?

The specifications for the alloys are as follows:-
Size: 15 X 6.5 inches
Offset (mm):32
Holes: 4
PCD (mm): 100
Bore Diameter: 60.7 mm / 67.2 mm

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/tiar...hine/596379563

Any guidance would be really helpful to me, as I am a first time tyre & alloy purchaser & need to upgrade the setup within a month.

Hey Joy Roamer,
You should get it done through a company as getting the claims later could be a problem. Its a tedious process because there is no dealer involved. Check out Plati alloys as they have a site also on which you can get variety of designs along with the finishes. Buy it from experts of the trade not from traders who just want to sell as in this product category you need a firm backup of after sales support. Tread Safe.
Gurgaontiger
GurgaonTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 17:53   #1886

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurgaonTiger View Post
Hey Joy Roamer,
You should get it done through a company as getting the claims later could be a problem. Its a tedious process because there is no dealer involved. Check out Plati alloys as they have a site also on which you can get variety of designs along with the finishes. Buy it from experts of the trade not from traders who just want to sell as in this product category you need a firm backup of after sales support. Tread Safe.
Gurgaontiger
Hi Gurgaontiger,

Thanks for the advice. I purchased the tyres and alloys from a tire shop & got the fitting, alignment and balancing done. The profile is as follows:-

195/60/r15 Yokohama c drives
Plati alloys

The grip which i get over both dry and wet surfaces has improved significantly. Moreover I feel much more confident while cornering now.
The ride has improved over good roads, but has worsened over bad roads. I need to be a bit more careful of big potholes as the 'thuds' have become bigger once the car goes into a pothole .

However I am still not able to understand the ideal tyre pressure which I should be keeping.The tyre dealer suggested 30 in both front and rear, but on driving it feels a bit less pressurized.
Could anyone please throw more light into this tyre pressure issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-car-copy.jpg  

Old 19th August 2014, 19:17   #1887
BHPian

Upsized my 62k run stock bridgestone tyres to 185/70R14 MRF ZLO (15.5K for 4 tyres inclusive of fitting/alignment/balancing/nitrogen). Buy back for almost worn out tyres was 100 Rs per tyre (could have been 200 each, but sales guy gave a reason that there were not many takers for 165/80R14 tyres).

Initial impression is a sense of cushioning ride and better composure on curves at higher speeds.

Overall good impression dealing with Madhu's in mysore.
Old 22nd August 2014, 20:21   #1888
BHPian

Bought four continental comfortcontact5 size 165 80 R14 for 3250 per tyre. It was a distress buy so did not get time to do research. Can anybody let me know if the price was okay? Also, any reviews on the tyre?
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:38   #1889
Senior - BHPian

The price seems to be very competitive. I have been offered the CC5 in size 185/70R15 @ Rs. 4400 each along with a Rs.500/- cash voucher for petrol from BP (current on going scheme from Continental) and of course the warranty card.

As for reviews, you can read the tire expert's views on the tire right here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3512173

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Bought four continental comfortcontact5 size 165 80 R14 for 3250 per tyre. It was a distress buy so did not get time to do research. Can anybody let me know if the price was okay? Also, any reviews on the tyre?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 00:45   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a shiny new 4-tyre set of Goodyear Duraplus for 12K all inclusive
(incl. costs towards repair of a jammed nut in the front wheel (took 1.5 hours to fix this)

Got free alignment and Balancing done- Camber adjustment needed to be done for this same wheel. is that a serious thing?

Will go for another round of free Wheel alignment after 1000 kms- which is 4-5 months down the line with my current usage of this car.

Next up- servicing this baby !
How can you adjust camber in a car which has no provision for camber adjustment ? What they did is 'jugaad' by placing a wheel balancing weight between the lower part of the strut and knuckle right ?

Its a bent strut and some hard hit on potholes will make that balancing weight come out and there ll be camber again.
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed