Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 13:05   #226
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 706
Thanked: 552 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefosi View Post
Need advice from tyre gurus, I have a swift diesel 2007 due for tyre change. The car has clocked 93000kms and were running on yoko c drives 195/60 R15 which were changed at 60000 kms so they lasted only 32000kms.

Although today I have put continental premium contact 2 because they were the most affordable ones available at 4k per tyre for 195/55 R15. The few kms I drove today I find the ride a bit hard and the reviews I have read on this forum is mixed, some are very happy and some really bad experiences.

I am looking for a combination of excellent dry grip and comfort so please help as I can still change the tyres.
That's a good price. 5.5 is the rate for 195/65 in bbay . I have put in cpc2 in my accord, do pretty spirited runs, encounter bad potholes and am pretty happy. Tough, grippy, quite, good ride : a good all rounder
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 15:06   #227
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 940
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Guys is CPC5 available in India? It is topping most of the tests.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 17:34   #228
BHPian
 
Alive2Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

I installed 195/65 R15 CPC2 Tyres on my newly acquired Honda City Idtec. I think the ride has substantially improved and it works great ! Love these continental tyres.
Alive2Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 15:45   #229
BHPian
 
ron_9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 279
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Planning to upgrade my Goodyear NCT5's to the Contis on my Baleno Vxi. Has anyone tried them on the Baleno. My current tyre size is 185/65 R14. Would be helpful if someone could share their experience out here for the old girl with the conti shoes.
ron_9191 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 23:41   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,251 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Was looking at tires for my Swift and came across Continental Comfort Contact CC5 in size 185/70R14. These are being manufactured in Modinagar and carry the now infamous ISI mark. The same was offered to me at Rs.4400/- per tire along with balancing, alignment, nitrogen fill up and a Rs. 500 cash voucher(only on purchase of 4 tires) sponsored by Continental to redeem against fuel from any BP station.

Now the question is whether the made in India Continental products are worthy of the premium pricing. Has the company been able to deliver products of similar if not better quality compared to what was being imported earlier or is it still an ongoing quest. Should I go with CCC CC5 or add another 200 bucks per tire and get the Michelin XM2 @4600/- per tire. The other choices being Goodyear Duraplus@4000/- and Apollo Alnac 4G @ 3650/- per tire

Feed back from the tire experts Nikhilb2008 & WasavaTyres would be appreciated as also from any existing users of Continental's made in India tires (any model, size).
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 17:52   #231
BHPian
 
FrankMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 39
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

I am looking to replace the Yokohama A drives (155/65 R13) on my WagonR fitted from Lokmanya Pune in 2010. They have ran for 40K now and need to be replaced

For the new set I initially started out with Bridgestone S322's as my choice but now I am thinking of Michelin XM2s or Continental CEC3.
Also looking to go for the 155/70 R13 this time which is available in Michelin and Continental

Lokmanya is quoting 3575 for the XM2's and 3400 for the Conti's
The dealer mentioned that the Conti CEC3 has a better sidewall and was suggesting to go for the same.

I am keen on the Michelin XM2's but will be glad to hear other suggestions and also where can I get a good deal.

Thanks
FrankMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 19:47   #232
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,251 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Hi Nikhil, would appreciate if you could let me have your views on my post above. Need to change tires this weekend, hence sort of dragging you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
CPC2 would be good. XM2 would also be good if you can take care.

See, any tyre will survive bad roads if you drive carefully. However, there are times that the situation is not in our control. For those, you only have to have good luck!
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:54   #233
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,765
Thanked: 4,195 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Was looking at tires for my Swift and came across Continental Comfort Contact CC5 in size 185/70R14. These are being manufactured in Modinagar and carry the now infamous ISI mark. The same was offered to me at Rs.4400/- per tire along with balancing, alignment, nitrogen fill up and a Rs. 500 cash voucher(only on purchase of 4 tires) sponsored by Continental to redeem against fuel from any BP station.

Now the question is whether the made in India Continental products are worthy of the premium pricing. Has the company been able to deliver products of similar if not better quality compared to what was being imported earlier or is it still an ongoing quest. Should I go with CCC CC5 or add another 200 bucks per tire and get the Michelin XM2 @4600/- per tire. The other choices being Goodyear Duraplus@4000/- and Apollo Alnac 4G @ 3650/- per tire

Feed back from the tire experts Nikhilb2008 & WasavaTyres would be appreciated as also from any existing users of Continental's made in India tires (any model, size).
The CC5 has got good feedback in the market as the ride comfort and silence is supposed to b really good.

Grip wise, it's a little worse than the CPC2 but then it was designed in that way.

Quality is not something you should worry about. A product of Continental will be the same whether it's made in Europe, China or India.

Whether the upgrade to Michelin is worth it or not, I cant decide. Everyone's idea of VFM differs. Frankly, if I were you, I would go for the Continentals just to test it out and post on TBHP! XM2 we know how good the tyre is. But no one has posted clearly on the merits and demerits of the CC5.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 22:57   #234
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,251 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Appreciate your views and coincidentally I was thinking on similar lines about the CC5, as also 'cause Continental is the only brand that I have not used thus far.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Frankly, if I were you, I would go for the Continentals just to test it out and post on TBHP! XM2 we know how good the tyre is. But no one has posted clearly on the merits and demerits of the CC5.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:25   #235
BHPian
 
rosh_aveo1.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 529
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

I just replaced the crappy JK Vectra (185/65 R15) in my Sunny XV to Continental MaxContact MC5 (195/60 R15). I had gone there thinking to get the XM2 but my friend and the sales man there both convinced me to go in for Continental. Hope I made the right decision. Got it for 5.1k per tyre and they threw in 4.5k exchange for the 4 old JK tyres.
As for the tyres themselves, yup, they are way more silent than the JK by a massive margin and it's comfortable too. However it's only been few days since I put it, guess it still needs to 'run in'.
Is it important to put in high tyre pressure for the first few week or leave it at stock pressure?

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 22nd September 2014 at 20:27.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 23:45   #236
BHPian
 
Passiondrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: wayanad,Kerala.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
I just replaced the crappy JK Vectra (185/65 R15) in my Sunny XV to Continental MaxContact MC5 (195/60 R15). I had gone there thinking to get the XM2 but my friend and the sales man there both convinced me to go in for Continental. Hope I made the right decision. Got it for 5.1k per tyre and they threw in 4.5k exchange for the 4 old JK tyres.
As for the tyres themselves, yup, they are way more silent than the JK by a massive margin and it's comfortable too. However it's only been few days since I put it, guess it still needs to 'run in'.
Is it important to put in high tyre pressure for the first few week or leave it at stock pressure?
rosh did you get a total of rs 4500 for all the Jk's or rs 4500 per tire? can you specify?
Passiondrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 00:07   #237
BHPian
 
rosh_aveo1.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 529
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

All 4 of them ofcourse. 4.5k per tyre that too from JK is very much impossible.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 00:08   #238
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,251 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

How many kilometres were the JK run at the time of exchange. This works out to Rs.1,125 per tire if we assume that 4.5K was for all four and that is an insane exchange value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Got it for 5.1k per tyre and they threw in 4.5k exchange for the 4 old JK tyres.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 00:14   #239
BHPian
 
rosh_aveo1.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin, Kerala
Posts: 529
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
How many kilometres were the JK run at the time of exchange. This works out to Rs.1,125 per tire if we assume that 4.5K was for all four and that is an insane exchange value.
Ran around 22k or so. Since it was JK and how horribly hard they are, there was considerable thread left. And of course I knew the tyre shop staff there. Another place offered me 3k. This guy gave 1.5k more. So didn't think any further.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 00:42   #240
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,251 Times
Default Re: Continental tyres

That's a sweet deal. I recently got the CC5 in size 185/70R14 and the old JK Vectras in the same size @ 35K kms fetched only 400 bucks in resale/exchange. It is another matter that the tread blocks on my tires had broken off in a lot of places & one tyre had multiple punctures plus another had a bulge in the sidewall.

Now my Mitsubishi is due for a change, let me explore the feasibility of driving down to KL just to get a better exchange value

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Ran around 22k or so. Since it was JK and how horribly hard they are, there was considerable thread left. And of course I knew the tyre shop staff there. Another place offered me 3k. This guy gave 1.5k more. So didn't think any further.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Continental Tyres for my Wagon-R. Upgraded Jebs Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 34 1st December 2015 21:12
Continental launches radial tyres for Trucks Aditya Commercial Vehicles 1 2nd April 2014 15:10
Continental Tyres are a headache ! Garipagol Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 19 28th December 2011 15:36
Continental to buy out Modi Tyres GTO Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5 19th July 2011 00:15
Continental Tyres in Chennai ibm_jennifer Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 11 13th June 2009 18:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks