Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 13:06   #301
BHPian

Re: MC5 vs. P3ST experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
To conclude I will say what I always say. The difference between these tyres is so minute it wont matter in the real world. Go with whatever you prefer and be happy.
Thanks Nikhil!

I finally went with the Yokohama AVS db v550.

I don't like the loose & imprecise steering feel of the P3ST, and couldn't drive the MC5, but since all reviews spoke of the two being close to each other, decided to avoid them.

I've done 1,000km with them, and am loving the AVS db - exactly what I was searching for: the silence of the P3ST with grip levels similar to the S-Drives. In fact, I think the steering feel is sharper and more precise than the S-Drives. Also, in weight, they were in fact, lighter than the S-Drives - a good thing, in my book. Will run the tyres a little more, and then post a more detailed review on the AVS thread.

I really wonder why these tyres aren't more popular.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:14   #302
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
Hi abhi3284

Definitely the noise is less compared to yokohama, done around 1000 kms and i felt satisfied so far with the tyres. I never used michelins as i heard in the forum that they are on the softer side and my ride involves mostly local roads with pot holes. So you can say i went for the middle one between yoko and michelin.
Hey vsh, can you provide an Update on how the Continental CC5 are faring ? How many KM's done on them and any +ve's, -ve's till now.

Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2016, 16:02   #303
Team-BHP Support

Have recently fitted MC5's on my Jetta. After a 1200 km round trip.

1: Car feels much more confident at speed
2: Steering is much more accurate
3: Road noise reduced tremendously
4: TRaction improved tremendously
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 10:07   #304
BHPian

Guys, would appreciate some feedback from Bhpians running Conti CC5's. Mainly looking for info on how the tyres are faring after some KM's have been logged on them.
Am looking to change from existing 54K Kms run Yoko A-Drives to either CC5 or XM2's.
Am not looking for a very long lasting Tyre since this is my 2nd Tyre Change and i will be keeping my Car max for 2 Yrs \ 30000 Kms more.

Main preferences are Minimal Road Noise, less prone to Punctures, good Comfort and Road Grip.

Thanks Guys.
Old 28th January 2016, 20:48   #305
Senior - BHPian

Running CC5 on my Swiftzxi since 3 months now, size 185/70R14. The performance is A1 on counts mentioned in your post excerpt below.

However these are now available only in size 14" and below. 15" onwards they have been replaced by the MC5 or the Max Contact 5. These too are reported to be very good but I do not have first hand experience on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Main preferences are Minimal Road Noise, less prone to Punctures, good Comfort and Road Grip.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 09:13   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Running CC5 on my Swiftzxi since 3 months now, size 185/70R14. The performance is A1 on counts mentioned in your post excerpt below.

However these are now available only in size 14" and below. 15" onwards they have been replaced by the MC5 or the Max Contact 5. These too are reported to be very good but I do not have first hand experience on the same.

Thanks for your Feedback Khoj. I too am looking in the same size 185/70 R14.
Any difference in Mileage that you observed ? Also, mind sharing the cost ?
Old 29th January 2016, 09:25   #307
BHPian

Got Conti CC5 installed in my Swift Vdi yesterday.

Size 185/70R14.

Initial impressions with about 50km driving - very silent
benzinblut is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:51   #308
Senior - BHPian

Price was 4200/- e.a. x 4
Got a Rs. 500/- BP Petro Card and 50 bucks each for old tires, free balancing with weights and refused the alignment.

My car is a true Puneri i.e. fixed in it's ways (bought from My Car in Wakad) and has steadily maintained an average of 9 kmpl since 2008. 100% AC all year round and completely city driven except for the lone highway run from Bombay to Dilli where it gave something like 14kmpl IIRC. Do note mine has the bigger 1.3 Ltr engine and not the puny 1.2L that is available now

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Thanks for your Feedback Khoj. I too am looking in the same size 185/70 R14.
Any difference in Mileage that you observed ? Also, mind sharing the cost ?
Old 20th February 2016, 01:45   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Price was 4200/- e.a. x 4
Got a Rs. 500/- BP Petro Card and 50 bucks each for old tires, free balancing with weights and refused the alignment.

My car is a true Puneri i.e. fixed in it's ways (bought from My Car in Wakad) and has steadily maintained an average of 9 kmpl since 2008. 100% AC all year round and completely city driven except for the lone highway run from Bombay to Dilli where it gave something like 14kmpl IIRC. Do note mine has the bigger 1.3 Ltr engine and not the puny 1.2L that is available now
Hi, could you please help out here? Was offered Continental CC5 size 155/70 R13H which the dealer says has a 5-year warranty compared to Bridgestone's three, plus thicker sidewalls and double the radial belts or something like that. Tempted to consider this. Is it a good idea? I drive a Spark.

Also wondering if I should stick to the B290, the starting point in my consideration set, or aim for the Turanza ER20 instead.

Silence and comfort matter most as I upgrade from my OEM Apollo Acelere tyres which seem noisier now after over 7 years, though they've served me well. With my driving kms being quite low, tyres that last longer without much damage will score better when I finally make a choice.

Thanks.
Old 20th February 2016, 07:05   #310

Have been using Conti CC5's on my Ritz vxi size 185/70 R14 since 7 months, good dry, wet surface grip and less noise. Ride quality has improved a lot moving from stock JK tyres.
d_bhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 09:13   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_bhowmik View Post
Have been using Conti CC5's on my Ritz vxi size 185/70 R14 since 7 months, good dry, wet surface grip and less noise. Ride quality has improved a lot moving from stock JK tyres.
Great...Looking at getting the same for my Ritz.

Any increase or decrease in FE and any Punctures till date ?
Old 20th February 2016, 21:54   #312
Senior - BHPian

The CC5 are silent and the ride is well, more plush than before. The longevity, only time will tell.

As for the damage, I believe that damaging a tyre is as much an out come of the driver's driving style as it is of poor road surface. No tyre is constructed with a 'how easily should this get damaged' premise.
There are members here who have taken the softest of tires to Leh n Ladhak and still going strong compare to others who have made the tires bulge / rip within their cities/towns. This therefore remains an abstract for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curios View Post
Hi, could you please help out here? Was offered Continental CC5 size 155/70 R13H which the dealer says has a 5-year warranty compared to Bridgestone's three, plus thicker sidewalls and double the radial belts or something like that. Tempted to consider this. Is it a good idea? I drive a Spark.

Also wondering if I should stick to the B290, the starting point in my consideration set, or aim for the Turanza ER20 instead.

Silence and comfort matter most as I upgrade from my OEM Apollo Acelere tyres which seem noisier now after over 7 years, though they've served me well. With my driving kms being quite low, tyres that last longer without much damage will score better when I finally make a choice.

Thanks.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:08   #313
BHPian

Quote:
The CC5 are silent and the ride is well, more plush than before. The longevity, only time will tell.

As for the damage, I believe that damaging a tyre is as much an out come of the driver's driving style as it is of poor road surface. No tyre is constructed with a 'how easily should this get damaged' premise.
There are members here who have taken the softest of tires to Leh n Ladhak and still going strong compare to others who have made the tires bulge / rip within their cities/towns. This therefore remains an abstract for me.
Thanks. You make a good point. Indeed tyre longevity would be linked to the owner's approach to handling and driving methods. Just wondering how does a 4-5 year warranty work, when typical warranty terms pertain to 'manufacturing defects' and not wear and tear in such time. What's your tyre warranty like and how much did you fork out for them please?
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:12   #314
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry Khoj about my price query; you did mention that in an earlier post. But curious as to why you refused alignment.
Old 23rd February 2016, 03:14   #315
Senior - BHPian

Alignment was refused because the car was tracking true before the tyre change and as a rule I allow the new tyres to bed in and recheck how it handles and only then get alignment done, if required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curios View Post
Sorry Khoj about my price query; you did mention that in an earlier post. But curious as to why you refused alignment.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks