Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2014, 20:19   #1831
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Got my new footwear for my Swift VDI. Lenzo Raiden 15" alloys with yokohoma 195 rubber. Went straight to Lal tyres (behind Satyam cinemas) taking delivery from Indus Motors, and got it replaced. Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-x.jpg  

Old 14th March 2014, 15:43   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdraj View Post
Got my new footwear for my Swift VDI. Lenzo Raiden 15" alloys with yokohoma 195 rubber. Went straight to Lal tyres (behind Satyam cinemas) taking delivery from Indus Motors, and got it replaced. Pictures attached.
Those are some mean looking alloys man!
And stunning photographs!

Btw, do you follow a clean up regimen for your break pads to remove residual sand from them after you take your car to the beach?
Travis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 21:45   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Those are some mean looking alloys man!
And stunning photographs!

Btw, do you follow a clean up regimen for your break pads to remove residual sand from them after you take your car to the beach?
Thanks travis for those kind words. I have not done any cleaning up of break pads till now, to be frank i don't even know how to go about it. would be nice if somebody guides me on that.
Old 24th April 2014, 12:29   #1834
BHPian

I am planning to upgrade my stock tires for my Swift ZDI to Yoko ES-100 (195/60/R15). The best deal I am getting is 4700/ tire.

Any reviews about ES-100. I am looking at decent comfort level but biased towards grip. Is the price offered good or I am being taken for a ride.
Old 24th April 2014, 19:14   #1835
Senior - BHPian

So its been a few years and two set changes of what i have come to believe are wrong upsizes in my petrol swift...205/60/14. The correct upsize would be 205/65/14 yes? If so what have i suffered for that? :(
Old 25th April 2014, 09:32   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So its been a few years and two set changes of what i have come to believe are wrong upsizes in my petrol swift...205/60/14. The correct upsize would be 205/65/14 yes? If so what have i suffered for that? :(
Assume you have the previous generation Swift. With 205/60/14, the difference in circumference is -39.21 mm. Not that bad at all. So when your speedo reads 70 mph, you're actually travelling at 68.52 mph. Meaning, the car hasn't run as much as the Odometer shows.

205/65/14 will increase the circumference by 22.62 mm which is negligible.
Old 25th April 2014, 09:57   #1837
BHPian

In case of 205/60 R14 OD reduces just by 13mm.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:08   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Assume you have the previous generation Swift. With 205/60/14, the difference in circumference is -39.21 mm. Not that bad at all. So when your speedo reads 70 mph, you're actually travelling at 68.52 mph. Meaning, the car hasn't run as much as the Odometer shows.

205/65/14 will increase the circumference by 22.62 mm which is negligible.
Yes it is the 1.3L Petrol of old Am ok with the speedo error readings just wanted assurance that i have not gimped myself on ride quality as compared to 205/65/14.
Old 3rd May 2014, 07:53   #1839
BHPian

Hi I am on a driving vacation to Ernakulam, via Karwar, Kollur, Waynad, Guruvayoor. After crossing Kannur I noticed severe wobbling. Initially i thought the wheel alignment would have gone due to the bad roads on the way to Bekel fort. Take it to for wheel alignment on the way to wayanad and they do the necessary alignment and rotation. On two of the tyres they tell me it is not worth doing rotation as it would not serve the purpose. Is wobbling cause of bad tyres and which would be the best company that I buy and model? Could members recommend a shop that I could buy tyres in Ernakulam, who could also offer some discount. Please indicate the price for the models too. I drive Swift ZXI - 2009 Model.I have run 40k KM. Will appreciate help.

Last edited by ajitsank : 3rd May 2014 at 07:59.
Old 3rd May 2014, 08:49   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Could members recommend a shop that I could buy tyres in Ernakulam, who could also offer some discount. Please indicate the price for the models too. I drive Swift ZXI - 2009 Model.I have run 40k KM. Will appreciate help.
Hi ajitsank, please visit DBS at edapally. They have multiple brands and the rates are quite reasonable. Do tell them you are BHPian.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/DB...fadf5b86f89901

Since, your Swift is a ZXi, I think its best to stick to the stock size. And chose from Michelin, Yoko or Bridgestone. You wouldn't go wrong.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 20:48   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hi ajitsank, please visit DBS at edapally. They have multiple brands and the rates are quite reasonable. Do tell them you are BHPian.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/DB...fadf5b86f89901

Since, your Swift is a ZXi, I think its best to stick to the stock size. And chose from Michelin, Yoko or Bridgestone. You wouldn't go wrong.
Thanks Deepjohn, Got the tyres changed at DBS to Micheline XM2. Very courteous team in DBS. Was very satisfied with their support.
Old 16th May 2014, 10:21   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Thanks Deepjohn, Got the tyres changed at DBS to Micheline XM2. Very courteous team in DBS. Was very satisfied with their support.
I too got XM2 from DBS for our Swift. And very satisfied with both of them.

XM2 is a very good choice. All the advantages of Michelin plus robust build. I hear the tyre is a hit with taxi folks here as the mileage is quite high at around 60k.
Old 19th May 2014, 16:13   #1843
BHPian

Guys,

I have a Swift vdi which I bought in Jan this year. I love my car in all aspects except for one thing. BRAKES!! Emergency braking is a nightmare with the Vdi version. I have had a couple of hit and miss situations already. The tyres and brakes combined are not at all confidence inspiring. This takes the fun away from driving.

Will a tyre upgrade improve the braking abilities of the car? What is the recommended upgrade size/brand? I also like the stock alloys design in the zdi version and willing to get them also. There are so many threads in team-bhp with multiple opinions and hence would need a consolidated suggestion. I'm ready to spend around 50k on alloys and tyres. Auto gurus, please suggest a reliable solution that will restore my faith in enthusiastic driving.

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Old 20th May 2014, 09:12   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshsp View Post
Emergency braking is a nightmare with the Vdi version. I have had a couple of hit and miss situations already. The tyres and brakes combined are not at all confidence inspiring. This takes the fun away from driving.
A tyre upgrade will help stability and braking for sure. Especially if you are running the very inadequate VDi stock specification tyres.

But for a more complete solution, aftermarket brake discs and pads like Brembo or Tarox can be looked at. The Swift stock setup is just about average with really hard brake pads.

Check this page from Pete's out. They have products available for the Swift too.

http://www.petes.in/tarox.html
Old 20th May 2014, 16:34   #1845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshsp View Post
...I have a Swift vdi which I bought in Jan this year. I love my car in all aspects except for one thing. BRAKES!! Emergency braking is a nightmare with the Vdi version. I have had a couple of hit and miss situations already. The tyres and brakes combined are not at all confidence inspiring. This takes the fun away from driving.

Will a tyre upgrade improve the braking abilities of the car? What is the recommended upgrade size/brand? ...
If it were me, I would have put those extra bucks in the ZDi version and have had more fun with the car + added features! Now that the damage is done, a good tyre upgrade will help you to go a long way. My guess is 195 60 R15 will be a good upgrade. Michelin (XM2) for comfort + grip at an added cost and Yokohoma (S-Drives) / Bridgestone (MY02) have some good performance tyres. In a smaller budget, MRF ZLO also is a good option too. Also you can add performance brake pads if you wish, but I would suggest to wait till you find out about the tyre upgrades' efficiency.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th May 2014 at 16:52.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed