Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 14:50   #331
BHPian

Like iraghava said it will not scrap the wheelarch. I too have the same on my Swift. Got them fitted y`day as got the delivery y`day itself. Havent droven much but feels perfect and safe . I drove the stock wheels for few kms but as soon as I changed the wheels, I felt the difference. I have fitted Yoko Sdrive and they seem to be smooth.

Cheers !!
Old 6th August 2008, 17:45   #332
BHPian

Michellin XM1+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
And choose any between Yoko or Michelin, both are excellent tyres.

Someone has told me that Muchelin is better than Yoko and they last longer. Is this true?
I have Michellin XM1+ (185/70 R14) on my Swift and have done about 4k kms and it really rocks. The feel and handling is very good. I would recommend Michellin but am not sure about the longevity part. The dealer said it would last for 45k but I doubt that and I will be happy with 40K.
Old 6th August 2008, 20:21   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I have Michellin XM1+ (185/70 R14) on my Swift and have done about 4k kms and it really rocks. The feel and handling is very good. I would recommend Michellin but am not sure about the longevity part. The dealer said it would last for 45k but I doubt that and I will be happy with 40K.
Alrite. My dealer told me the price for Yoko as 3050 and Michelin as 3300 per tyre. Is that fair? How much did they cost you?
Old 6th August 2008, 21:14   #334
BHPian

[/quote]

Someone has told me that Muchelin is better than Yoko and they last longer. Is this true?[/quote]

Both the brands should have almost similar tyre life...it majorly depends upon your upkeep.
Old 6th August 2008, 23:45   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroomz View Post
Like iraghava said it will not scrap the wheelarch. I too have the same on my Swift. Got them fitted y`day as got the delivery y`day itself. Havent droven much but feels perfect and safe . I drove the stock wheels for few kms but as soon as I changed the wheels, I felt the difference. I have fitted Yoko Sdrive and they seem to be smooth.

Cheers !!
I am in a great dilemma on choosing between 195 and 205, i hate the stock tyres they are very skiny i want low profile tyres it looks damn good so i have to go for 205 my concern is FE, how much drop in FE after you changed the tyres have you checked FE before and after the tyre change, how much are the yoko sdrive are the ES 100 still available?
Old 7th August 2008, 00:48   #336
BHPian

Raxx, 205/55/15 Yoko Sdrive are sweet! Like I said I have just got them fitted y`day and thus am not sure about FE. I have checked various threads and read that it shouldnt hamper much on the FE. We have experts around who can give you a reliable answer.
Yoko Sdrive costed me 4.7k per tire. I think ES100 should be available. I am not very sure though. Good luck with the research and I hope will get to see new tires soon !!

Cheers !!
Old 8th August 2008, 13:05   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys i am in a dilemma, My cousin told me just yesterday that 16' alloys are not good for swift vdi and they also void the warranty, Is this true? Can anyone with the good knowledge recommend me the correct Tyre size and the alloy size?
My considerations are -
1. It should not void the warranty.
2. The FE should not take a bad hit.
3. The handling should be good.
Also i was considering Yokohama or Michelin tyres..which one is better?
Kindly update!
Hi Harry,

1. As mentioned earlier. Any unauthorised (modifications not done or approved by an authorised service center) changes to your vehicle will void warranty of your vehicle.
2. Wider the tyre the more the fuel consumed.
3. Wider tyres with lower profile/aspect ratio will improve handling to a large extent.

The right wheel/tyre upsizes are: -

1. 15" rims - 195/60/R15
2. 16" rims - 205/50/R16
Old 8th August 2008, 15:02   #338
BHPian

Guys please help.

Hi All... Im in process of procuring new swift Vxi this weekend. Its red in colour. I have few frenz in the current showroom where i purchased the vehicle.

Currently i'm not in a position to spend money on new set of alloys with tyres.

Last week another guy took swift zxi variant and replaced the tryes and alloys .. now they have set of 5 alloys with JK tyres.

They are ready to give me set of 5 for 20k... is it a good deal.. guys please let me know... i need very urgent inputs from you all..
Old 8th August 2008, 16:44   #339
BHPian

hi can someone please give me some suggestions regarding this.
Old 8th August 2008, 17:03   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Harry,

1. As mentioned earlier. Any unauthorised (modifications not done or approved by an authorised service center) changes to your vehicle will void warranty of your vehicle.
2. Wider the tyre the more the fuel consumed.
3. Wider tyres with lower profile/aspect ratio will improve handling to a large extent.

The right wheel/tyre upsizes are: -

1. 15" rims - 195/60/R15
2. 16" rims - 205/50/R16
Considering the above facts what i want to know is -
1- Is it wiser to get the warranty voided and go for the Tyre and alloy upgradation as i had seen almost everyone here had done so?
2- I was suggested the best Tyre size should be - 185/70 R14 So now am a bit confused.
Old 8th August 2008, 17:52   #341
Senior - BHPian

Can you do a swap deal with them & sell them your steel wheels & alloys?? If they agree to buy your wheels & alloys for 6-8k, do the deal, it would be good VFM.
Old 8th August 2008, 18:40   #342
BHPian

Swift upsize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroomz View Post
Raxx, 205/55/15 Yoko Sdrive are sweet! Like I said I have just got them fitted y`day and thus am not sure about FE. I have checked various threads and read that it shouldnt hamper much on the FE. We have experts around who can give you a reliable answer.
Yoko Sdrive costed me 4.7k per tire. I think ES100 should be available. I am not very sure though. Good luck with the research and I hope will get to see new tires soon !!

Cheers !!
Hey Guys Yoko's 205/55/15 ES100 is not available. 205/55/15 is available in S drive(AS01 Sport )should cost you 4600. Its also available in AD07 ( Sport Extreme ) would cost you max 8500. But i think there is no need for the extreme pattern as the FE would marginally go down.
ES100 is available only in 195/60/15 @ 4000.
AA01 in 195/60/15 @ 3850
ES100 is also available in 205/60/15 @ 4500.

According to me S drives are the best !
Old 8th August 2008, 20:01   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All... Im in process of procuring new swift Vxi this weekend. Its red in colour. I have few frenz in the current showroom where i purchased the vehicle.

Last week another guy took swift zxi variant and replaced the tryes and alloys .. now they have set of 5 alloys with JK tyres.

They are ready to give me set of 5 for 20k... is it a good deal.. guys please let me know... i need very urgent inputs from you all..
Well, just for your information I too got Zxi and got my wheels changed. The dealer offered my 20k for my stock set of 5 JK tubeless tires and alloys. I think the actual price only for the alloys at Maruti is 18k. Do have a check and as iraghava said try for a buyback for your wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkrazy View Post
Hey Guys Yoko's 205/55/15 ES100 is not available. 205/55/15 is available in S drive(AS01 Sport )should cost you 4600. Its also available in AD07 ( Sport Extreme ) would cost you max 8500. But i think there is no need for the extreme pattern as the FE would marginally go down.
ES100 is available only in 195/60/15 @ 4000.
AA01 in 195/60/15 @ 3850
ES100 is also available in 205/60/15 @ 4500.

According to me S drives are the best !
Yes, they are awesome so far.
Old 9th August 2008, 11:06   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the above facts what i want to know is -
1- Is it wiser to get the warranty voided and go for the Tyre and alloy upgradation as i had seen almost everyone here had done so?
2- I was suggested the best Tyre size should be - 185/70 R14 So now am a bit confused.
Hi Harry,

1. If the the specifications of your new rims i.e. PCD, width, circumfrance, offset (ET), etc. are as per the original wheel incase of 14" OR acceptable limits incase of 15" or 16" which will not create any issues to your suspension then there will not be a problem since it will not hamper the original set-up. However, if you go wrong with the specifications which can lead to a problem with your suspension or wheel bearings, you will not be able to repair the damaged parts for free and claim them under warranty. Either ways, whether you have the right specifications or not, warranty will be void, however you will be on the safer side sticking to the specifications.

I myself have upgraded the rims on my Swift to 15" shod with 195/60/R15 rims and not had any issues so far.

2. 185/70/R14 is the right tyre upsize incase of 14" rims only.
Old 9th August 2008, 11:48   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post

Hey endo ,
I suppose its not a great deal for you as 165/80/14 JK tubeless tyres cost you around 6300 for 5 and HR wheels would cost you around 16500 . If you go for the Yongle & Freeman 14300 (set of 5 ). So i dont think you should spend 20 K on them . Offer him 15K i think so he would come down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks