Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2020, 08:57   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Plati and Neo wheels had some good options in 6J and 6.5J when I checked last year. Do check with nearby alloy dealers or distributors if they have them in stock.

For the tyres, you can continue with stock size on 6J or 6.5J wheels without an issue. Stock tyres will look narrow on wider rims but are a viable option if you don't want to compromise with steering lightness and fuel efficiency.

195/60R15 is a more popular upsize than 205/60R15. Many users (of 2nd gen) have them on OEM alloys and face no major drop in fuel efficiency or steering lightness. 205 will be an overkill for the kind of power this car generates. My recommendation would be to go for 6/6.5J alloys on 195/60R15 tyres.
Thanks for the reply but according to the calculators online, 205/60/15 is the next best upgrade according to the 2% rule. I'd like to stick to the oem size but im not finding anything in 15 inches below 7j to my liking.
Old 21st February 2021, 20:27   #2102
BHPian

Did anyone in this forum try the "Configure" option available on Maruti's website for their Swift or any other Maruti Suzuki products?

While I was exploring that for a Swift VXI, I saw there was an option to select the precision-cut Alloy wheels that come with the ZXI+ variant by paying an additional amount of 27960 Rs.

Where I got confused is with the tyre size, where the stock one for the VXI variant is 14" & the one that comes with the ZXI+ variant is 15".

Could someone confirm that if this configuration takes care of the wheel as well as the tyre or do I have to get separate tyres on my own?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20210221-8.19.08-pm.png  

Old 21st February 2021, 23:40   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Could someone confirm that if this configuration takes care of the wheel as well as the tyre or do I have to get separate tyres on my own?
Tires not included there.
Price is only for the 15" alloy wheels
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:41   #2104
Senior - BHPian

I have a question. Can We put 205/60/15 tyres on the Stock alloys of Swift ZXI Amt 2019? Upgrading from 185 to just 195 makes no real sense imo. And 205/55/15 reduces the already low GC. Will they foul anywhere in the tyre well? Or will the 205 be too oversize for the stock alloys, any dangers?
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:43   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone in this forum try the "Configure" option available on Maruti's website for their Swift or any other Maruti Suzuki products?

While I was exploring that for a Swift VXI, I saw there was an option to select the precision-cut Alloy wheels that come with the ZXI+ variant by paying an additional amount of 27960 Rs.

Where I got confused is with the tyre size, where the stock one for the VXI variant is 14" & the one that comes with the ZXI+ variant is 15".

You have to change tyres to 185/65/15. I have done same on my dzire.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 22:13   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
You have to change tyres to 185/65/15. I have done same on my dzire.
Did the dealer exchange your stock tyres?
Old 22nd February 2021, 22:36   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the dealer exchange your stock tyres?
Yes, the earlier the better.
Old 12th June 2021, 17:18   #2108
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning to replace the stock tyres on my Swift VXI due to frequent punctures and air loss. The tyres are now 7 years old but the car has only done 33k kms as it’s mostly driven in the city with only 1-2 highway trips a year.

I was planning to go for the MRF ZLX 165/70 R14 for all 4 tyres. Any feedback on these tyres? Also does it make sense to upgrade to 185 section tyres on the OEM steel rims considering the car is only driven in the city.

Any other suggestions for tyres are also welcome.

TheDarkKnight
Old 13th August 2021, 17:21   #2109
BHPian

I am planning to change my Swift Dzire VDI stock MRF ZV2K tyres now with ~69K run.

My concerns are:
1. Less Noise
2. Comfortable Ride.
3. More Grip.
4. Better Handling.

These MRF ZV2K are very noisy with neutral handling.

Also I want to up-size the try to probably 185/70R14 on the stock rims. Any suggestion wrt tyre brand and upsize would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to replace the stock tyres on my Swift VXI due to frequent punctures and air loss. The tyres are now 7 years old but the car has only done 33k kms as it’s mostly driven in the city with only 1-2 highway trips a year.

I was planning to go for the MRF ZLX 165/70 R14 for all 4 tyres. Any feedback on these tyres? Also does it make sense to upgrade to 185 section tyres on the OEM steel rims considering the car is only driven in the city.

Any other suggestions for tyres are also welcome.

TheDarkKnight
I am also planning to change my stock tyres on VDI. Did you go through the change ? If yes can you share some feedback ?

Last edited by ankitsharma : 13th August 2021 at 17:49. Reason: Adding more text
Old 13th August 2021, 18:11   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
I am also planning to change my stock tyres on VDI. Did you go through the change ? If yes can you share some feedback ?
Yes, I did change the tyres to Yokohama Earth 1s in stock size (165/80 R14)

I contacted a few tyre shops and was quoted the following prices.
MRF ZLX - 3850
Yoko Earth 1 - 3600

With quite a few members happy with the Yoko’s on their cars, I went ahead with them and got a June ‘21 manufactured set.

I haven’t been able to take them out on a long highway run, but a few drives around Mumbai and the tyres are pretty silent compared to my old tyres, in fact even less road noise than the MRFs I had on when the car was delivered. Haven’t had any issues in the rains as well on the varied road surfaces you find in Mumbai, so I’m pretty happy with the change.

You can also try the Yoko BluEarth GT AE51 if you are planning to upsize to 185 section.

Cheers,
TheDarkKnight
TheDarkKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:41   #2111
BHPian

I'm planning to replace the tyres on my Swift Dzire VXI, tyre size 165/80 R14. Please suggest the best options. The MRFs currently installed are too noisy at highway speeds. Would like an alternative which is relatively silent and puncture proof.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:33   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzahid View Post
I'm planning to replace the tyres on my Swift Dzire VXI, tyre size 165/80 R14. Please suggest the best options. The MRFs currently installed are too noisy at highway speeds. Would like an alternative which is relatively silent and puncture proof.
If you are planning to upgrade to R15, I would recommend to go with BluEarth GT AE51 195/65 R15. They are really silent and cost effective too! If you are lucky to get stock, go with Michelin XM2 as well.
funda2max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:48   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
If you are planning to upgrade to R15, I would recommend to go with BluEarth GT AE51 195/65 R15. They are really silent and cost effective too! If you are lucky to get stock, go with Michelin XM2 as well.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I would really like to go with the existing size of 165/80 R14 since the car isn't used much. Also, I'm planning to sell it off in a couple of months so no point in spending much.
Old 1st October 2021, 21:51   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzahid View Post
Thanks for your suggestion, but I would really like to go with the existing size of 165/80 R14 since the car isn't used much. Also, I'm planning to sell it off in a couple of months so no point in spending much.
In that case, you can go with either Apollo or MRF tyres (same profile) which are less pricier than Yoko or Michelin.
Old 18th October 2021, 23:06   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

My Maruti Swift is almost 9 years old now, has done 46k kilometers and the tyres are almost completely shot well beyond the recommended tyre change period, I had originally planned to change start of 2020 but then the pandemic hit and barely used the car last 1.5 years, since I now see myself using my vehicle again I've decided to change out the tyres it came from factory with new ones. I tried attempting reading through the thread but its too far big to go through : )

Could some one please recommend me tyres for an early 2013 Maruti Swift VXi petrol. My desire is to have ultimate comfort with as much silence as possible, if this helps you help me. I also do not know what tyre size to go with for this requirement : )

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks