Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2012, 23:58   #1456
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Guys, need some quick help. I am getting delivery of my Swift ZDi in 2 days. I am in 2 minds whether to upgrade the tyres or run with the stock 185/65 R15..
hey did you upgrade the tyres or decided to continue with the stock? i am getting delivery of my car in a couple of days. need to decide on upgrading or continuing with the stock.

If upgraded, to which one and how much did it cost you
Old 1st April 2012, 00:25   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
i am getting delivery of my car in a couple of days. need to decide on upgrading or continuing with the stock.
If its a Z variant, go ahead with the Michelin XM2. It is now available in the stock size, 185/65 R15. So far, the reviews have been positive.

You get the max buy back for your stock tyres when its new.
Old 1st April 2012, 09:12   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
hey did you upgrade the tyres or decided to continue with the stock? i am getting delivery of my car in a couple of days. need to decide on upgrading or continuing with the stock.

If upgraded, to which one and how much did it cost you
Congrats on your car. I did not upgrade, due to lack of Vitamin M I went to the Michellin tyre centre, they quoted around 5700 for 195/60 and the buyback of Rs2500 for the stock tyres. Decided to defer the upgrade to the next tyre change.

The stock tyres are pretty decent in grip, even on highways. I haven't driven in rains to comment on wet grip. The only thing that annoys me is the road niose.
Old 1st April 2012, 22:53   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
If its a Z variant, go ahead with the Michelin XM2. It is now available in the stock size, 185/65 R15. So far, the reviews have been positive.

You get the max buy back for your stock tyres when its new.
Thanks! but since i am changing the tyres, wont it make more sense to upgrade to 195/60 15?

what difference would i see between the two sizes of the same brand
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:49   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! but since i am changing the tyres, wont it make more sense to upgrade to 195/60 15?

what difference would i see between the two sizes of the same brand
No single model come in both sizes. AFAIK, only 2 options in 185/65 R15. The MRF ZVTV & Michelin XM2. Pirelli also have them but I don't know about its availability in India.

But, you get multiple options in 195/60 R15. The Yoko A, C, S drive, Michelin P LC, MRF Z.L.O etc.

I would stick to a good tyre in the stock size. And so far the XM2 is the only option.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:48   #1461
BHPian

Thanks guys for all your advice. I finally decided to upsize and went went with 195/60 r15 yoko a-drives and i am happy with my choice.

drove over the reflectors embedded on the road on sea link. The car made very little noise when driven over those compared to the mrfs i have on my other car.

All 5 wheels with exchange set me back by 7k and i also got the swiss knife free. Yoko is running that promotion currently.
Old 5th April 2012, 09:34   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for all your advice. I finally decided to upsize and went went with 195/60 r15 yoko a-drives and i am happy with my choice.

All 5 wheels with exchange set me back by 7k and i also got the swiss knife free. Yoko is running that promotion currently.
What tyres came with the car? The ZVTV or Duraplus? 7K for 5 tyres is a good deal indeed.

Post some pictures please.
Old 5th April 2012, 09:42   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn

What tyres came with the car? The ZVTV or Duraplus? 7K for 5 tyres is a good deal indeed.

Post some pictures please.
I had zvtv. Will post pictures today. Zlo were available for 5.5k but the dealer said the side walls are extremely soft and may not be lasting. He also talked about only Michelin and yoko using silica compounds.
Old 5th April 2012, 12:11   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had zvtv. Will post pictures today. Zlo were available for 5.5k but the dealer said the side walls are extremely soft and may not be lasting. He also talked about only Michelin and yoko using silica compounds.
Are you sure ZlO were for 5.5k .If thats true then the prices have shot up like nuts .
When i got them in November last year, i got those for Rs 4650.
So its almost 1k increase .

Cheers
Old 5th April 2012, 15:21   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury
Are you sure ZlO were for 5.5k .If thats true then the prices have shot up like nuts .
When i got them in November last year, i got those for Rs 4650.
So its almost 1k increase .

Cheers
Are you talking of 4650 per tire? I was saying 5500 as exchange price for 5 oem tires
Old 5th April 2012, 15:31   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you talking of 4650 per tire? I was saying 5500 as exchange price for 5 oem tires
Yes i thought 5.5k per tire .
I was also thinking how come the prices went up so much .

Cheers.
Old 5th April 2012, 17:07   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Yes i thought 5.5k per tire .
I was also thinking how come the prices went up so much .

Cheers.
thought so. i remember him quoting 195/60 r15 for zlo at 4450 per tire. so prices are almost the same as it was when you bought
Old 14th April 2012, 09:41   #1468
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok Guys, time for my car to change the shoes. I use Yoko S Drives 205/50/R15. I would like to use the same configuration but prefer not to go all the low, something like 205/55/R15 this time. I have clocked 35k and will go another 5k-7k. Three tires are pretty decent but one is worn out. So will be changing after 5k.

Which brand is the best in this configuration? The best place in Cochin? DBS quoted around 5k for S Drives.

Kindly let me know.
Old 14th April 2012, 14:18   #1469
BHPian

But naveen.raju, isn't road noise intruding into the cabin when you have used 205 50 15R? I have been using 205 55 15R Falken Tyres for the last 3 years and I find the road noise more than bearable. I have thought of downsizing my tyres to either 185 65 15R or 195 65 15R? What say mate? I plan to get the tyres here in Dubai. They cost a lot cheaper. But downfall is, I'll have to bring the tyres one by one to India, for fear of the custom guys taxing me in excess. I had already done like that for one tyre of Falken which I managed to get for AED250 (INR3100) as against the retail price I had bought the original set for INR4800 a piece.

Cherio
Champion
Champion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2012, 08:49   #1470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
But naveen.raju, isn't road noise intruding into the cabin when you have used 205 50 15R? I have been using 205 55 15R Falken Tyres for the last 3 years and I find the road noise more than bearable. I have thought of downsizing my tyres to either 185 65 15R or 195 65 15R? What say mate? I plan to get the tyres here in Dubai. They cost a lot cheaper. But downfall is, I'll have to bring the tyres one by one to India, for fear of the custom guys taxing me in excess. I had already done like that for one tyre of Falken which I managed to get for AED250 (INR3100) as against the retail price I had bought the original set for INR4800 a piece.

Cherio
Champion
Thanks Champ. True with the road noise, but aint all that bad. The only problem that I face is when I drive through potholes. It really hits my spine. Doesnt cushion the blow well. I shall have a look at falken.
Thanks Mate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks