Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 12:33   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: MRF ZLO Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
After 2 and a half years and 40,000 kms the treads are now running out. They may have life left for another 5-7 thousand kms till the treads reach the treads reach TWI mark.

I am experiencing a lot of noise from 70 - 100 kmph speeds. The noise reduces considerably once I reach 110 kmph. Also they are still very silent till 60kmph. Can this noise be coming from the tyres or shall I get my wheel bearings checked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Could be tyre noise. I sat in a friend's car and he had the same issue. Noise only at certain speeds.
Update on tyre noise: Sent my car to workshop for some minor mechanical problem and a fog lamp bulb change yesterday. SA told me to get the front right and rear left bearings changes as they seemed to be worn out. I agreed as the total cost was not exorbitant as I had guessed. The tyre noise has gone completely! It was driving like a when the tyres were new. I am loving the silent experience again.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:46   #422
BHPian

I bought set of these, yet to install them. Oct 14 manufactured. Side wall appears to be soft.
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:16   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Snapdeal has lisiting of set of 4(195.60.15) for 17.1k. Good deal? Prices have gone down or something fishy with deal? Same seller has another set for 17.2k others are asking 18.5k upwards.
I need to buy a set.

On the 185 - R14 Profiles
Snap Deal has each tyre listed for Less than Rs -3,600

Retail shops sell the same tyre between Rs- 3,900-4,400

Saw this warning on the MRF website -
MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-mrf.jpg

Quote:
MRF Ltd sells its products in the replacement/retail market only through authorized dealers to ensure genuine products and the best after sale service to the customers. The internet sites or web based sites (on-line sellers) are not authorized by MRF Ltd to sell and to make any representation for and on behalf of MRF Ltd and its products. Hence MRF Ltd may not honor any unauthorized claims, warranty, representations made by any unauthorized retailers including on-line sellers on MRF products.
Old 5th January 2015, 07:58   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
On the 185 - R14 Profiles
Snap Deal has each tyre listed for Less than Rs -3,600

Retail shops sell the same tyre between Rs- 3,900-4,400

Hi Captain Slow,

I was in the same situation two months back. Snapdeal does offer really attractive prices and one tends to go this way. The only issue out here is the warranty, what if one needs to claim it later. Most manufacturers are not ready to support any claims if the product has been purchased through online vendors.
But here's my question to everyone, snapdeal does not give you a bill invoice for the product, instead it's a seller that could be located anywhere in India. What if the seller is an authorized distributor of that particular brand, say MRF in this case. Would that still not cover the warranty part?
Specifically due to these concerns, I think it's better to pay extra and get it done from a known reputed shop.
Old 5th January 2015, 09:34   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
The only issue out here is the warranty, what if one needs to claim it later. Most manufacturers are not ready to support any claims if the product has been purchased through online vendors.

Tyre manufacturers rarely honor warranty claims. They always blame the end user and not manufacturing defects for any tyre damage.

Warranty on tyres is practically meaningless in India. If the price difference is substantial, I would go with online purchase - making sure that the manufacturing date isn't too old , and pay COD.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 5th January 2015 at 09:38.
Old 5th January 2015, 15:08   #426
BHPian

I bought from snap deal and invoice was of a retail store some where in Delhi. Got mid oct 2014 tyres.
Old 5th January 2015, 15:17   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Tyre manufacturers rarely honor warranty claims. They always blame the end user and not manufacturing defects for any tyre damage.

Warranty on tyres is practically meaningless in India. If the price difference is substantial, I would go with online purchase - making sure that the manufacturing date isn't too old , and pay COD.
I once had a doubt with one of JK tyre on my Alto K10. Surprisingly, the JK tyre guys checked all tyres and told me that the problem is with two tyres and not one. Got them replaced with a set of two new tyres after paying the depreciated amount.

Also, in my experience, online store price is more than the dealer price in Delhi, provided you are searching at right places (recommended by TBHP).
Old 5th January 2015, 15:37   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post

Indeed! I know of several people who were denied warranty when the Tyre gave up on then in3-4 months.
They blamed the driver and called it "external impact" caused damage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
I bought from snap deal and invoice was of a retail store some where in Delhi. Got mid oct 2014 tyres.
How and where was the fitting done ? Were the valves replaced during fitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Also, in my experience, online store price is more than the dealer price in Delhi, provided you are searching at right places (recommended by TBHP).
You are among the lucky few then !
In Bangalore online prices are much lower compared to retail shops.
Old 12th January 2015, 04:36   #429
BHPian

Got all the 4 tyres of my Vento TDI replaced with the MRF Zlo 195/60/15. Replaced the OE 185/60/15 JKs after 30000 km due to the inside side wall damage on 2 tyres. Noticed the side wall damage when the car was jacked up for washing.
Had finally decided on the MRF Zlo after about a weeks research on the net and reading the TBhp comments above. Thanx to all who had contributed.
Have found these tyres to be good. Tyre noise is much lesser than the JKs. Breaking has improved, as now I feel that the car stops or slows down much faster than before. The cushioning affect has also increased, probably due to the 10mm increase in the width and the irritating 'thud' noise from the back, while going over humps has reduced considerably. Hoping the tyres live up to the expectations.
Old 27th February 2015, 17:47   #430
Senior - BHPian

Has MRF stopped manufacturing ZLO's in 205/55 R15? Tried contacting a few dealers here in Delhi and they said that ZLO does not come in this size any more. They were pushing the Zsport but i dont want to go for it as it has virtually no reviews and the tread design is too flashy.
Old 27th February 2015, 21:16   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Has MRF stopped manufacturing ZLO's in 205/55 R15? Tried contacting a few dealers here in Delhi and they said that ZLO does not come in this size any more. They were pushing the Zsport but i dont want to go for it as it has virtually no reviews and the tread design is too flashy.
Available at snapdeal at a good price.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/mrf-...20205/55%20R15

There is a discount coupon (TYRE500) of Rs.500 on Purchase above 15k. Also ending today, 10% cashback for Axis Bank debit/credit cards.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 27th February 2015 at 21:17.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 02:49   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
There is a discount coupon (TYRE500) of Rs.500 on Purchase above 15k. Also ending today, 10% cashback for Axis Bank debit/credit cards.
Sadly when i entered my pincode, the seller is not delivering to my place. Tried buying from the other listing where a single tyre was listed but max i can choose is 2 tyres
Old 28th February 2015, 19:05   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Tried buying from the other listing where a single tyre was listed but max i can choose is 2 tyres
Why not place multiple orders? E.g. Say 2 orders each of two tires.

I would suggest you to have talk with local tyre dealers and ask them sell at Snapdeal price.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 16:39   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Coolboy, 205/55-15 ZLOs will be old production tyres. We got one set recently but when we were about to fit it to a customer's car we saw it is 2013 production.

As of now 205/55-15 is onl available in Z SPort.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 20:18   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Coolboy, 205/55-15 ZLOs will be old production tyres. We got one set recently but when we were about to fit it to a customer's car we saw it is 2013 production.

As of now 205/55-15 is onl available in Z SPort.
Nikhil ,

Any reviews of the Z sport ?

Noise , softness , and other parameters ? I might be interested in getting a set for my 90 hp . However , if they're noisy like S drives , I wouldnt bother .

The ZLO ( 205/60 15 ) on my ertiga are serving really well . Love the tyres .

Most Viewed