Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 11:18   #346
BHPian

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

During my routine check of tyres noticed this on my Front Right tyre

Kms Covered so far: 18232

Vehicle: Swift Vxi

Tyre Age(Since Change): 11 Months and 21 Days

Is there any solve other than replacing the Tyre or i can shift them to the rear and continue.

Pics attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-zlo1.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-zlo2.jpg  

Last edited by nidhin0816 : 28th January 2014 at 11:28. Reason: Attachment Missing
nidhin0816 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 17:25   #347
Senior - BHPian

Its unfortunate, the tyre is torn, you would have to replace.
Fortunately, you noticed. Otherwise, it could be worse.
Old 29th January 2014, 12:23   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhin0816 View Post
During my routine check of tyres noticed this on my Front Right tyre

Kms Covered so far: 18232

Vehicle: Swift Vxi

Tyre Age(Since Change): 11 Months and 21 Days

Is there any solve other than replacing the Tyre or i can shift them to the rear and continue.

Pics attached for reference.

Since the tyres are less than 1 year old, claim warranty . Its a cut and not a bulge. Act fast before the warranty expires
Old 29th January 2014, 12:59   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Since the tyres are less than 1 year old, claim warranty . Its a cut and not a bulge. Act fast before the warranty expires

The Warranty Of MRF Tyres Is Of 3 Years Against Manufacturing Defect.

The Aspects of Warranty includes :

1.There is no guarantee for any cuts on the tyre after driving.
2.The Warranty of the tyre is against the bulging of the tyre.
3.The tyre would be sent to the company if there is any defect in the tyre And it would take 7-10 days for the engineers to take a decision.
4.The Warranty of the tyre stands void if there is any cut from inside or outside the tyre.
5.The Warranty of the tube stands void if the tyre/tube gets punctured.
6.The Warranty of the tube is of the nossle or if it opens up from the joint. and the too stands void if it gets punctured or gets used up.
7.The claim for the tyre and tube will be given after it gets passed from the company and would be according to the wear-tear of the tyre. The claim would not be in cash.
8.It is necessary to have the bill of the tyre/tube to claim the warranty.
9.There is no warranty against the leakage of the rim.

Point No 1 and 4 concludes it will not be covered under warranty.

I have setup a meeting with my Tyre guy this weekend to evaluate the damage and see what best can be done.
Old 1st February 2014, 10:55   #350
BHPian

How does ZLOs side wall compare to Yoko A-Drives? A-drives have been pretty rugged on the pathetic roads that I drive and considering ZLO for my next tyre change.
Old 1st February 2014, 11:13   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhin0816 View Post
I have setup a meeting with my Tyre guy this weekend to evaluate the damage and see what best can be done.
That is really unfortunate. Hope you get positive response from the dealer. I am using ZLOs for 28000 kms now without any issue. Will check my tyres closely today after looking at your pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
How does ZLOs side wall compare to Yoko A-Drives? A-drives have been pretty rugged on the pathetic roads that I drive and considering ZLO for my next tyre change.
I guess A-drives will have stronger sidewalls. I too drive on pathetic roads but that keeps me worried while driving. They are excellent for good roads though.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 12:09   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
That is really unfortunate. Hope you get positive response from the dealer. I am using ZLOs for 28000 kms now without any issue. Will check my tyres closely today after looking at your pictures.

I guess A-drives will have stronger sidewalls. I too drive on pathetic roads but that keeps me worried while driving. They are excellent for good roads though.
I would believe that the ZLOs have stronger sidewalls. The A drives are soft and we have had more complaints with A drives than ZLOs.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 19:47   #353
Team-BHP Support

I switched from horrible Goodyear NCY's to ZLO's for my Swift. The car is transformed. Steering is more agile as also turn in. Ride although firm is more compliant and can take the potholes without us flinching. Roadnoise has reduced.

I could have gone for Michelin or similar but I wanted something robust for the potholes and roadworks going on around here.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:45   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I switched from horrible Goodyear NCY's to ZLO's for my Swift. The car is transformed. Steering is more agile as also turn in. Ride although firm is more compliant and can take the potholes without us flinching. Roadnoise has reduced.

I could have gone for Michelin or similar but I wanted something robust for the potholes and roadworks going on around here.
Hi AJ,

What was the profile and how many kms have you completed ?
Old 25th March 2014, 15:14   #355
BHPian

Hi Guys!! Seeking for some advice from the tyre Gurus. Looking for a new set of rubber for my 2013 Swift Vdi. Currently running on Continental CPC2's ( 195/55/r15from my old swift) which need to be replaced asap. Now i was quite happy with its performance and would get another set, but wanted to see first how it compared to the ZLO in terms of comfort, grip, nvh, trye life etc.. wet weather grip is also a big concern for me. im looking for about 195/205-55/60-r15 tyres (although im leaning a bit towards 60 profile to help with ride quality) also, how does the Yokohoma C drive compare with the ZLO?
Im very grateful for any useful insights from you guys!!

Cheers!!
Old 25th March 2014, 15:32   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Just an update after 3000 km. The car has become a lot more pleasurable to drive. It has become very chuckable.

I also got the front suspension arms changed as well as the camshoft pully and bearing renewed. This plus the reduced road noise has made the Swift fairly refined. Car has done 70000 km

Summarising, considering, I might sell the swift within the next two years, I made the right choice. If I did a straight aswap from new, then the Michelins might have been my choice but the ZLO's are pretty good and made a optimum choice
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 15:51   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
Hi Guys!! Seeking for some advice from the tyre Gurus. Looking for a new set of rubber for my 2013 Swift Vdi. Currently running on Continental CPC2's ( 195/55/r15from my old swift) which need to be replaced asap. Now i was quite happy with its performance and would get another set, but wanted to see first how it compared to the ZLO in terms of comfort, grip, nvh, trye life etc.. wet weather grip is also a big concern for me. im looking for about 195/205-55/60-r15 tyres (although im leaning a bit towards 60 profile to help with ride quality) also, how does the Yokohoma C drive compare with the ZLO?
Im very grateful for any useful insights from you guys!!

Cheers!!
Close your eyes and get the zlo. Have it on both my cars now. The grip levels are pretty close to the yoko advan neova I had before - the ride is better than the ad07 so overall its way more fun to drive. For the price they sell at, they are a steal. One car has since then done 20k km and the tyres have hardly worn.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 20:02   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Close your eyes and get the zlo. Have it on both my cars now. The grip levels are pretty close to the yoko advan neova I had before - the ride is better than the ad07 so overall its way more fun to drive. For the price they sell at, they are a steal. One car has since then done 20k km and the tyres have hardly worn.
Thanks for the advice reign of Chaos!! would you mind sharing the dimensions of the tyre you use? and how does it cope with bumpy roads??
Old 27th March 2014, 07:57   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
Thanks for the advice reign of Chaos!! would you mind sharing the dimensions of the tyre you use? and how does it cope with bumpy roads??
195/60 r15 in cedia and 195/60 r14 in brio. I'd have loved 205/55 r15 in the cedia but it was not available then. As for bumpy roads, it is much better than the yokohama. The ride is firm but not uncomfortable.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 22:51   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Bivin, stick to 195/60-15 ZLO. If you want a more premium tyre, think about the Primacy 3ST. Otherwise dont think of anything else in between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks