Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 21:07   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71
Not sure if this has been covered already and if i missed it:

Did any of the users get a chance to check the grip of the tyres in wet condition in general and while turning right in particular?
There was some concerns earlier on this thread, about the tyres not performing well in wet conditions based on the tread pattern.

Thanks
I have also tested the tyres in very high speeds and in very wet conditions and felt the grip levels were great.But yes it was in straight line and not on those curves or twisted roads or as a matter of fact on any turns so can't comment about that, otherwise no issues with the grip. Also one more thing I would mention is ,that I have completed around 18k Kim's on ZLO, and touchwood not even a single puncture till now.
Hope it helps.
Cheers
Old 10th October 2012, 22:05   #212
BHPian

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

I had been to the MRF center today to check out the ZLO and after a long talk with the fellow there he too was convinced that if perfection is sought for then ZLO are designed presently for mounting on the right side of the car and not the left. He does not have any knowledge of when there would ever be a different design from the factory for left side tires. After tread does wear down probably to 50% of 40% of the tread height there could be an issue with aqua planing of a severe nature. Take it a bit easy when cornering to the right on damp roads and especially if there is standing water since water will be pushed into the center of the tire and towards the rib with no escape for water for left side mounted tires. This has been discussed earlier in this thread. For dry weather this tire should be exemplary for the price they are being sold at.
drpullockaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 20:32   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I also think this sidewall will get damaged if you hit a pothole at high speed.
Nikhil
So far did you happen to hear any such cases?
I am planning to change my aceleres to ZLO. The sidewall of one of my existing aceleres was damaged when I hit a pothole at high speed.

Regards
Old 14th October 2012, 15:06   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. A member here, Reignofchaos has a Brio with 195/60-14 ZLOs. He hit a pothole or something very badly and damaged a ZLO.

I'm not surprised! A tyre this good, at this price, has to have some minor flaw!

In spite of this, I would still wholeheartedly recommend the ZLO. Am yet to come across something really bad about this tyre.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 16:45   #215
Senior - BHPian

Is there any tyre that won't suffer damage if it hits a pothole at high speed ?

This shouldn't be considered a flaw or drawback in the tyre itself.
Old 15th October 2012, 16:59   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. A member here, Reignofchaos has a Brio with 195/60-14 ZLOs. He hit a pothole or something very badly and damaged a ZLO.

I'm not surprised! A tyre this good, at this price, has to have some minor flaw!

In spite of this, I would still wholeheartedly recommend the ZLO. Am yet to come across something really bad about this tyre.
Thanks Nikhil. I have changed my Vento's 4 tyres to ZLO 195/60/15.
It costed 4700 per piece. Alignment, 4 wheel balancing and sticker weights free.
It was done from MRF T&S near to my place.
Old 17th October 2012, 15:54   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Thanks Nikhil. I have changed my Vento's 4 tyres to ZLO 195/60/15.
It costed 4700 per piece. Alignment, 4 wheel balancing and sticker weights free.
It was done from MRF T&S near to my place.
Welcome to the Vento + ZLO owner's club. The tyre gets to its elements after its few 100kms. Today I was turning a nice turn on Chennai Byepass intersection (it was wet too) and the grip levels were notches higher than accelerre. Happy with the grip levels !

The only problem what i have noticed is a slight noise coming when the vehicle is moving (noticeable at slow speeds) - not sure if this is due to faulty balance/alignment.
Old 20th October 2012, 23:41   #218
BHPian

The tires in my Linea will be due for replacement in a month or so and I had almost made up my mind on Bridgestone - have had good experience with them in the past and I was considering Ecopia MY01 and Potenza RE88. And that's when I stumbled upon this thread and the price difference between the tires I just mentioned and the ZLO is very tempting and of course, I am drawing confidence from the all the good reviews that have been posted here. So, can someone tell me if the extra money I would pay for the Bridgestones would be worth? Thanks for your inputs in advance.
Old 21st October 2012, 19:00   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
The tires in my Linea will be due for replacement in a month or so and I had almost made up my mind on Bridgestone - have had good experience with them in the past and I was considering Ecopia MY01 and Potenza RE88. And that's when I stumbled upon this thread and the price difference between the tires I just mentioned and the ZLO is very tempting and of course, I am drawing confidence from the all the good reviews that have been posted here. So, can someone tell me if the extra money I would pay for the Bridgestones would be worth? Thanks for your inputs in advance.
Well, it depends on what you want. If you want grip, the MRF is miles ahead of anything else.

For comfort, the Ecopia might be better but very very marginal. Not enough to make the extra money worth it! RE88 is a very old pattern and I suggest you ignore it altogether.
Old 21st October 2012, 20:45   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it depends on what you want. If you want grip, the MRF is miles ahead of anything else.

For comfort, the Ecopia might be better but very very marginal. Not enough to make the extra money worth it! RE88 is a very old pattern and I suggest you ignore it altogether.
Thanks for responding, Nikhil! Yes, of course, grip is top most in my priority list. But I also would like the ride to be comfortable. And I am not so worried about sidewall since I am going to be riding on good road almost all the time. But how do these compare in terms of life? Is one better than the other? Can the ZLO or anything from Bridgestone last about 50K kms?

Oh, by the way, one thing I do not like with my current GT3 is the noise it generates. So, a quiet tire would be nice too.

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 21st October 2012 at 20:54. Reason: Adding additional information
Old 21st October 2012, 21:09   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the ZLO is perfect for you. Well priced, comfortable, grippy and quite silent.
Old 31st October 2012, 15:44   #222
Senior - BHPian

There have been some "humming" noise reported with ZLOs http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2759288 and also on Team Fiat http://www.team@fiat.co.in/tyres-all...tml#post122520

Are these one off incidents ?
Old 1st November 2012, 00:11   #223
BHPian

How are MRF ZLO vis-a-vis Michelin Primacy LC in size 195/60 R15 ?
Tyre Gurus, please help.

MRF's longevity ? Current price of both in that size ?

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 1st November 2012 at 00:13.
Old 15th November 2012, 07:43   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The AD07 is on a different car . That is on my cedia. ZLO is on my brio. However I'm sure mileage will take a hit. All asymmetric patterns seem to give lower mileage IMHO. When I moved to AD07 from the Michelin PP2 I got a mileage boost of atleast 2km/l
How much did it cost to replace stock rubber you got with BRIO with ZLO?

I am picking up on next week and have to replace tyres for Cedia as well.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:52   #225
Senior - BHPian

I paid 4100 for each tyre and the buyback for the existing goodyear tyres was 2900 IIRC
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks