Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 19:40   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MRF ZLO Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Nikhil, I went with your recommendation of ZLO and so far very happy with the choice. But the tires after 55K kilometers need to be replaced.

I visited local tire dealers over the weekend and find the Yoko DB and Earth-1 to be in my budget. As I understand the Earth-1 will last longer, but DB will be better performer. But I also hear that the DB has a very soft compound and sidewall. Now, how does this compare with the ZLO? Is the DB softer than the ZLO or on par?

Another note is I am considering upsizing a bit to 65 profile.
Db Is very soft. Grip will be good and comfort will be good but dura its is a concern. Can't really compare it with the ZLO as I've never driven the DB.
Old 19th August 2015, 19:54   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Db Is very soft. Grip will be good and comfort will be good but dura its is a concern. Can't really compare it with the ZLO as I've never driven the DB.
Thanks, I had the same feeling after checking out the tires in person. Anyway, went with the Earth-1 and recorded my finding in the Earth-1 thread. Overall I am disappointed with the new tires. Looks like my next set will be the ZLO again.
Old 20th August 2015, 12:46   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I was at the local MRF dealers' for wheel alightment/balancing and was generally asking about the tyre price, even though my tyres are looking good enough for another 10K kilometers. The dealer heaped praise (of course, he would) on the new ZSport and recommended these when I change the tyres next. Anyone has used these, esp. the Linea owners? I asked him about the difference in the width (Linea recommends 195 while the min on ZSport is 205, but he said I could change the tyres without changing my rims. Is this true?
I changed the tyres of my Fiesta to MRF ZSport, at 5k a piece. Have driven 1000+ kms now. The ride quality has been fantastic, amazing grip even during rain, as has been experienced during Pune Mumbai runs. The noise level has been decent and at par with the GoodYear I had earlier. Overall I am happy and satisfied with the ZSport. The only negative is that due to the unusual tread pattern, it catches a lot of small stones; once a week you have to take efforts to remove them.

I've posted pictures at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...thread-26.html
streetfighter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 21:16   #454
BHPian

I am using MRF zlo for last two years and 30k kms .I have become great fan of these tyres ,besides being value for money product ,the braking has been excellent all along ,ride and comfort has considerably increased .Currently I am using 185/70/R 14.
I had this freaky accident .The front left tyre got punctured and I was not aware of this for as long as 5kms .That means I drove my punto on flat tyre ,bingo.When I realised this i thought I had to replace one tyre .My steering was pulling left for quite long ,this I thought would be because of faulty allignment.When I got the tyre repaired there were no visible signs of damage to tyre .This incident is standing testimony to the durability and strength of the MRF ZLO

regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 09:50   #455
BANNED

Hey guys,

Looking at tyre change for my 1.8 year old 54K kms driven Swift ZDi.

Currently running on the stock setup which is MRF ZVTV on 185/65 R15.

Initially was fixed to Michelin XM2 but was quoted 22,500 for 4 tyres. I am on a very tight budget so expecting a good set of tyre within 20K maximum.

Have read 60% of this thread and have got most positive reviews so I am planning to get 195/65 R15.

What are your opinion guys?!
Old 12th September 2015, 12:05   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey guys,

Looking at tyre change for my 1.8 year old 54K kms driven Swift ZDi.

Currently running on the stock setup which is MRF ZVTV on 185/65 R15.

Initially was fixed to Michelin XM2 but was quoted 22,500 for 4 tyres. I am on a very tight budget so expecting a good set of tyre within 20K maximum.

Have read 60% of this thread and have got most positive reviews so I am planning to get 195/65 R15.

What are your opinion guys?!
You probably mean 195/60 R 15 - I did not find a 195/65 R15 for ZLOs from http://www.mrftyres.com/products/tyres/zlo .

I used the 195/60 R15 ZLOs for 39K km on my Punto and replaced them recently with Conti MC5 with the same profile.

The ZLOs were a good mix of performance and durability. Once I drove for several km on the highways with a almost deflated rear right tyre, yet the sidewall survived. When I visited Madhus I was told that I could use the tyre for another 5K ( my take was another 2-3K) , but I wasn't comfortable with the tread depth and replaced it .

The Contis are better at comfort and grip but cost about 10% more and are softer than the ZLOs. The average life of the ZLOs will be between 40-45K - very unlikely to be 54K like your stock tyres.

Having used the ZLOs I would certainly recommend them. If budget permits, the MC5 is a very VFM option - highly recommended by our tyre guru Nikhil.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th September 2015 at 12:07.
Old 12th September 2015, 12:07   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Hve read 60% of this thread and have got most positive reviews so I am planning to get 195/65 R15.
That is a wrong upsize buddy, i hope you meant 195/60 R15 and 195/65 R15 was a typo. 65 profile with 195 patch would be too much deviation from stock.
Old 12th September 2015, 12:24   #458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
You probably mean 195/60 R 15
Can you give me the prices for a set of 4 tyres of MRF ZLO and Continental CC5?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
That is a wrong upsize buddy, i hope you meant 195/60 R15 and 195/65 R15 was a typo.
Sorry guys, that indeed was a typo. I meant 195/60 R15.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th September 2015 at 12:39.
Old 12th September 2015, 12:37   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you give me the process for a set of 4 tyres of MRF ZLO and Continental CC5?!
I'm not sure what you meant by "process". If you meant cost, the details are in this post.

I chose the Continental MC5 ( MaxContact )and not the CC5 ( ComfortContact ).
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 13:04   #460
BANNED

Quote:

I'm not sure what you meant by "process". If you meant cost, the details are in
Thanks buddy. Shall visit MRF tyre centres and also another dealer in Hyderabad and go ahead with the change to ZLO.

Thanks once again. Shall update the thread as I complete the job by Wednesday or so.
Old 12th September 2015, 16:31   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I used the 195/60 R15 ZLOs for 39K km on my Punto and replaced them recently with Conti MC5 with the same profile.

Having used the ZLOs I would certainly recommend them. If budget permits, the MC5 is a very VFM option - highly recommended by our tyre guru Nikhil.
I have the very same experience, I used to have ZLOs, now moved toConti MC5. I was very happy with the ZLOs, the grip was unmatched (except the Advan Neovas if they were available) and the comfort was pretty much up there.

This time I wanted to try something different and a quieter tyre and so went for the Continental MC5. Like you said, they cost 10% more and the comfort and silence level is comparable to the Michelin P3ST while the grip levels are close to ZLOs.

If the Conti MC5s weren't out, I would have got a second set of ZLOs!
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 01:08   #462
BANNED

Hey guys,

Got my Swift ZDi's shoe upgrade done.

Went for 195/60 R15 MRF Z.L.O. Paid Rs 16,800 in total. All details below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3800761

Hope they serve me well till the car is with me for the next 50K kms minimum.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th September 2015 at 01:10.
Old 13th September 2015, 22:43   #463
BANNED

Pasting from my ownership review thread:

When I did the tyre swap, the odometer read 54,510 kms and as of today it is 54,598 kms which makes it a 88 kms of usage till now.

I have maintain F = 32 psi and Rear = 30 psi with Nitrogen.

Looks:

That pattern has my eyes hooked onto every time I see it. The large grooves make the tyre give it a look of 205 section. The 4 grooves as compared to the earlier 3 gives the car a wider stance and a smaller side-wall versus the older one, the gap is further pronounced between the tyre and the wheel well.

Ride Quality:

Slow speed ride is impeccable and the smoothness is felt instantly after the tyre swap. All the undulations that I felt earlier are less felt and more smooth. It glides over the rough patches and doesn't intrude inside the cabin. The sidewall is soft and feels like I am on XM2 and not a MRF. Shocking but the truth and I love it when it is MRF.

I am yet to hit the highway that I use everyday so high speed feel I shall update soon.

With wheel spin happening if I pressed the pedal a few mm more than normal in the ZVTV as it never liked things to be hurried. If I did a F1 start from the traffic signals, there was a definite wheel spin making me back-off the pedal. This issue too is solved with the Z.L.O as the pick up is smooth and the needle rises quick without any fuss.

Braking:

This test was never intended to be performed as the tyre was too new to be judged. But fate had other plans for me and the tyre to put it on test! Initially I had in the back of my mind to do a emergency braking maneuver but I postponed it till the tyres did a 1000 kms.

While returning home, I was at 65 kmph and a cabbie in front of me suddenly shifted to the right lane and braked hard to save himself from a dog that jumped onto the road. In an emergency I stamped the pedal and held the steering tight. The car shed speed in no fuss. The ABS didn't kick-in too. That does say good for the tyre!

I was expecting tyre squeal during the braking but it was like a cake walk! A thumbs up to the Tyre!

Tyre Noise:

There is a decrease in tyre noise too which is a definite positive for me as i was tired of the ZVTV racket it made at 100 kmph.

Shall update the thread and as when I clock miles on the tyres and I hope this is the last set of wheels before I let go the Blue Streak!

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th September 2015 at 22:48.
Old 15th September 2015, 21:14   #464
BANNED

Another small Update:

With touching 200 kms on the new tyre, the tyre performing extremely well and is making me want to drive the car more than I do already.

Be it rough patches or smooth tarmac the tyre is excellent and doesn't let the small undulations filter in.

The car turns with a tighter line and there is no body roll by the tyre as such.

One disadvantage that I have noticed is - this tyre is a Stone Magnet!

That's the only sound heard with windows open and I make it a point to remove as many stones as possible once I reach my destination. I am being looked as a fool when I do it and being asked that "How does it bother you if the stones are stuck? It will fall off when you drive anyway".
Old 2nd October 2015, 18:35   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Dear All,

This is my personal experience with the ZLOs....
Hi, how are the tyres doing on your Civic ? Will they last min 40K kms and remain trouble free (like no sidewall damage etc) ?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks