Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:35   #16
BHPian

re: Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread

These tires are available down south in Coimbatore and guess what? They are the indica cabbies favorite tires. They are good for city use, but not so good for highway use at high speeds. I would recommend you to keep a good spare tire in handy. A low cost Goodyear/Bridgestone is a must as a spare.

Many owners in coimbatore have used these tires and other brands like falken/falcon which are chinese made, and they serve the purpose. These are many such Chinese tires for Tata sumo also.
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
These tires are available down south in Coimbatore and guess what? They are the indica cabbies favorite tires. They are good for city use, but not so good for highway use at high speeds. I would recommend you to keep a good spare tire in handy. A low cost Goodyear/Bridgestone is a must as a spare.

Many owners in coimbatore have used these tires and other brands like falken/falcon which are chinese made, and they serve the purpose. These are many such Chinese tires for Tata sumo also.
Tell you what,95% of my usage is on highways.
And done two expressway runs as well,at good speeds.
Cabbie's prefer them,due to their low cost.
I had no option as car came with these,since tyres dont come cheap,i didnt feel like throwing brand new tyres,so stuck to them,and pretty satisfied,still i will not recommend them to anyone
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 23:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Tell you what,95% of my usage is on highways.
And done two expressway runs as well,at good speeds.
Cabbie's prefer them,due to their low cost.
I had no option as car came with these,since tyres dont come cheap,i didnt feel like throwing brand new tyres,so stuck to them,and pretty satisfied,still i will not recommend them to anyone
Long time since you gave an up date on your Kenda tyres, you have stated that your usage is 95% on highways with good speeds, and yet you said you will not recommend to others, any specific reason that you discovered on these tyres, its been long since you said that now whats your opinion.

BTW I have been using Michs PLCs on my car and I am never going to buy another PLC ever, no grip at all after 60% thread life, and they are the most expensive tyres in the market.

Even I am on the lookout for some replacement for my corolla and have come across Kenda, Nankang, Roadstone (sub brand of Nexen), Goodride, of all this Kenda is the cheapest.

This is what I found out on the net, and I bet you will be mighty surprised at this;
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Ke...-PLUS-KR23.htm
But for me you being the end user your opinion will count the most.
zulfi hansi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 00:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Long time since you gave an up date on your Kenda tyres, you have stated that your usage is 95% on highways with good speeds, and yet you said you will not recommend to others, any specific reason that you discovered on these tyres, its been long since you said that now whats your opinion.

BTW I have been using Michs PLCs on my car and I am never going to buy another PLC ever, no grip at all after 60% thread life, and they are the most expensive tyres in the market.

Even I am on the lookout for some replacement for my corolla and have come across Kenda, Nankang, Roadstone (sub brand of Nexen), Goodride, of all this Kenda is the cheapest.

This is what I found out on the net, and I bet you will be mighty surprised at this;
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Ke...-PLUS-KR23.htm
But for me you being the end user your opinion will count the most.
I said that,because everyone considers them to be cheap tires.
I went against everyone's opinion and decided to try them.
and after 45K+ kms,i can say,they havent let me down even once.
They have hardened a bit,and road noise has slightly increased,but thats pretty normal for a Tyre that has run that much.Just today,i had to brake hard in wet,and car came to halt without any issues,though it may also be attributed to the fact that my Car has ABS+EBD and a good chasis.
In all i am pretty satisfied with them till date,and i am not a sedate driver,i push my car hard in the corners.Kenda's now come with 2 year unconditional warranty.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 7th August 2013 at 00:04.
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 21:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Drove a Linea with Brand New Bridestones 195/60/15 over a good distance,and tyre behaviour was similar to what i have experienced with Kenda's over a period of 18 months.So its inline with the reviews available online.
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 13:31   #21

Hi, need a little help here.

I am looking for set of tyres for my hyundai Getz CRDi. Since I am on an extremely tight budget I stumbled upon the Kenda KR23 which sells for Rs. 2700 each, and seems to have mostly favourable review over the internet.

I see from the discussion above that those who have used these tyres are satisfied with the performance.

So I want to ask the users of the tyres if I should go for it. If not, please recommend me a comparably cheap and safer alternative.
Old 29th September 2013, 17:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedogod View Post

I am looking for set of tyres for my hyundai Getz CRDi. Since I am on an extremely tight budget I stumbled upon the Kenda KR23 which sells for Rs. 2700 each, and seems to have mostly favourable review over the internet.

I see from the discussion above that those who have used these tyres are satisfied with the performance.

So I want to ask the users of the tyres if I should go for it. If not, please recommend me a comparably cheap and safer alternative.
I have not used these yet but plan to do in near future, Akshay here has been using these without any issues, even the internet reviews are good enough. I saw this portal by name changemytyre.com with is also giving 2 years warranty on these tyres, so I presume they should be good, I also see many cabs have these tyres as they are VFM. Specifically KR23 seems to be the best off the lot in the net reviews. Good luck, do let us know how they perform if you buy them.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 18:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I said that,because everyone considers them to be cheap tires.
I went against everyone's opinion and decided to try them.
and after 45K+ kms,i can say,they havent let me down even once.
They have hardened a bit,and road noise has slightly increased,but thats pretty normal for a Tyre that has run that much.Just today,i had to brake hard in wet,and car came to halt without any issues,though it may also be attributed to the fact that my Car has ABS+EBD and a good chasis.
In all i am pretty satisfied with them till date,and i am not a sedate driver,i push my car hard in the corners.Kenda's now come with 2 year unconditional warranty.
I have recently purchased a 2006 Civic Auto fitted with new Kenda Komet tyres and was thinking of replacing them with michelin or yokohamas but after going through this thread and Akshays review im going to stick with them.
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 07:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedogod View Post

Quote:
I have not used these yet but plan to do in near future, Akshay here has been using these without any issues, even the internet reviews are good enough. I saw this portal by name changemytyre.com with is also giving 2 years warranty on these tyres, so I presume they should be good, I also see many cabs have these tyres as they are VFM. Specifically KR23 seems to be the best off the lot in the net reviews. Good luck, do let us know how they perform if you buy them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
I have recently purchased a 2006 Civic Auto fitted with new Kenda Komet tyres and was thinking of replacing them with michelin or yokohamas but after going through this thread and Akshays review im going to stick with them.
I just moved on from Kenda About a week back after clocking around 50K kms on them to Bridgestone Turanza.After about 800kms on the bridgestones i can say that Kenda's were equally good if not better.They never gave me a chance to complain be it wet roads or hard cornering.The only thing that goes against them is the made in china tag.If you look up on the Forum,people have bad experiences with Michelin's and Yokohoma's as well.

@ironager-how's your experience till now with the Kenda's?
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 14:01   #25
BHPian

Incidentally I saw a new Bajaj Discover with Kenda tyres, so they are OE suppliers to Bajaj bikes as well!
Old 1st October 2013, 22:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
@ironager-how's your experience till now with the Kenda's?
Iv driven about 1000 kms a bit of highway and city driving. I feel they are decent tyres in terms of grip, braking and high speed stability but because they have the made in china tag they are at the bottom of the pecking order in terms of buyer preference and brand recognition @ the Michelins and Bridgstones.

I would recommend these tyres to people who have a tight budget but want decent performance and reliability.
ironager is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 19:29   #27
BHPian

I have bought kenda komet tyres for one car and bridgestone tyres for another car. Performance of kenda is better than bridgestone in terms of road grip, noise, and adherence of pebbles. Kenda costs Rs 3200 while bridgestone Rs 4600.
Now i have to see how far they both go.
arun_112 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 09:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_112 View Post
I have bought kenda komet tyres for one car and bridgestone tyres for another car. Performance of kenda is better than bridgestone in terms of road grip, noise, and adherence of pebbles. Kenda costs Rs 3200 while bridgestone Rs 4600.
Now i have to see how far they both go.
Do you find them a little softer than Bridgestone? How are the dynamics above 120kms/hr speed and breaking from that speed? IMO even if they give 2/3 life as compared to Bridgestone with better performance they are worth it. Please share which car, what size tyre and which pattern in kenda you are using.
Old 11th November 2013, 10:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you find them a little softer than Bridgestone? How are the dynamics above 120kms/hr speed and breaking from that speed? IMO even if they give 2/3 life as compared to Bridgestone with better performance they are worth it. Please share which car, what size tyre and which pattern in kenda you are using.
Hi Zulfi, any ideas on the side wall strength of the Kenda tires, are they on the softer side? I am asking this as I am planning to change the B250s to some cheap but reasonably safer tires. After reading Akshay's & Ironager reviews I now think Kenda might suit my budget.

From where you were getting the Kenda's for 2700? Also what size, I am seeing 195 section at 3700 in Changemytyre.com
Old 11th November 2013, 11:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

Hi Zulfi, any ideas on the side wall strength of the Kenda tires, are they on the softer side? I am asking this as I am planning to change the B250s to some cheap but reasonably safer tires. After reading Akshay's & Ironager reviews I now think Kenda might suit my budget.

From where you were getting the Kenda's for 2700? Also what size, I am seeing 195 section at 3700 in Changemytyre.com
That price was stated by speedogod for Getz, may be for a smaller size. BTW buying these tyres from CMT.com is better as they are offering replacement warranty which tyre shops may not. Also in my net research only KR 23 pattern positive reviews were seen, cannot vouch for any other pattern of Kenda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks