Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 12:37   #211
BHPian

It's been about a month since my purchase of the Michelin XM2 205/65R15 for my Innova. I have to say that I am really happy now with the purchase. I was a little concerned initially as there wasn't much difference at first. I guess there is some kind of break in period because the tyres have come into their own now. Ride is very smooth and noise has come down noticeably. In the city the drive quality isn't noticeable but once on the highway it's a carpet ride.

Highly recommended if anyone is looking up these tyres.
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:49   #212
BHPian

re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

I have purchased this tyre for my Baleno yesterday. The size is 185/70 R14. it's been run for 100kms now and mainly on highways. Have noticed that sound level was very low compared with my previous bridgestone tyres.
Old 8th February 2013, 10:16   #213
BHPian

We are currently in the market for 5th set of tyres for our Innova. Existing tires are Bridgestone which are very reliable but make a hell lot of noise. There was not a single puncture on a 8500km trip to Leh. My plan is to upgrade to something which will be low noise, suitable for both tarmac as well as non existent stretches (80%-20%). Further they will be doing almost 30-40% highway drives @100-120 kmph speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
I guess there is some kind of break in period because the tyres have come into their own now.
Highly recommended if anyone is looking up these tyres.
Nikhil is Michelin XM2 available in 225/60R15 size?
We will be doing a highway drive immediately after changing the tires. Will the drive in be a problem. Looks like the dealer you got from is quite popular, we may consider getting done from them as well if our regular guy does not have what we want. Did you get any chance to test them in the wet conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
Did you get any reply from them, i have also bought XM2 tyres from them today,Please let me know if there is way to check the validity.
How do you feel the XM2, what were your previous tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
AFAIK, Ashoka sells genuine stuff
Buffetfan how is your experience with the C Drives. Any issue with sidewalls. Ours will be doing non existent roads every day. Chance of thorn etc hitting are good.

Any good dealer close to Madhapur

Last edited by indian21r : 8th February 2013 at 10:30.
Old 8th February 2013, 10:39   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
XM2 isn't available in this size yet. If you want to upsize for Innova, please choose between Michelin PLC or Yoko C-drives.

Quote:
We will be doing a highway drive immediately after changing the tires.
It's always advisable to avoid hitting highways after changing to new set of tyres. At least complete 500-1000 Kms on known roads preferably city roads.

Quote:
Buffetfan how is your experience with the C Drives.
I think he might be running his 2nd set of C-drives on his Innova, check this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/42139-tyres-my-innova-10.html#post2904064
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 14:46   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Buffetfan how is your experience with the C Drives. Any issue with sidewalls. Ours will be doing non existent roads every day. Chance of thorn etc hitting are good.

Any good dealer close to Madhapur
I am on actually my third set of C.Drives. Second in the Innova and one in the Baleno. My C.Drives lasted me well (48k and replaced with 10k life left) and defn grip and ride better than the Michelin XM1s that I have an experience of. I drive a fair bit..40% or so of my mileage has been on highways.

If you are concerned too much about bad roads (and I dont mean mud roads here but rocky roads with really sharp edges and big big thorns), I would pick the Michelin over the Yokohama. I think they will last bad roads better than the Yoko's. On the other hand, a 20% price difference between Michelin PLC and Yoko mean that you almost get One tire worth of "Insurance" when you purchase 5 yoko's. (6 yokos would cost same as 5 PLCs).

you have some other interesting options on this link too

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2904064
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 21:39   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We will be doing a highway drive immediately after changing the tires. Will the drive in be a problem.
While not recommended, I have done that twice - after I changed to Michelins in the Baleno (Drove Hyderabad - Kolkata) and in the Innova C.drives (Hyderabad Bandipur).

Make sure that the tires are balanced right on a good quality machine that balances both inside and outside of rim. Test drive on ORR to make sure that they are balanced. (Like the one Ashoka wheels has). Beyond that, do drive the first 20-30 kms slowly to allow the tires to bed in. The C.Drive grip will improve over 500 kms or so so allow them the time. (Not that they will be skidding around though!)
Old 9th February 2013, 07:02   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
XM2 isn't available in this size yet. If you want to upsize for Innova, please choose between Michelin PLC or Yoko C-drives.

It's always advisable to avoid hitting highways after changing to new set of tyres. At least complete 500-1000 Kms on known roads preferably city roads.
Quote:
While not recommended, I have done that twice - after I changed to Michelins in the Baleno (Drove Hyderabad - Kolkata) and in the Innova C.drives (Hyderabad Bandipur).
We will consider changing tires today or tomorrow so that we drive atleast around 200km before the drive.

Quote:
If you are concerned too much about bad roads (and I dont mean mud roads here but rocky roads with really sharp edges and big big thorns), I would pick the Michelin over the Yokohama. I think they will last bad roads better than the Yoko's.
Does Ashoka wheel stocks Yoko's as well. What price did you get for them. I thought they are expensive then XM2's.
My consideration of non existent seems to be Mud roads well anything other than tarmac. Spoiled by some of the new roads in Hyderabad
Looks like Yoko's may be good.
Old 9th February 2013, 08:08   #218
BHPian

It is time for a change of tyres for my palio stile 1.6 sport. XM2 seems to be popular here. Need ur advice on
1. What are the max and optimum tyre sizes on my palio stock alloys? Is XM2 a good fit for my car?
2. I am located in BLR hsr lyt. Where would i get a good deal?
3. Is it advisable to get the tyres changed at the tyre shop or go to my mechanic or srvc center?
4. My 5th tyre is a stock bridgestone which was used so far as a spare. I never rotated the tyres. Should i buy 4 tyres and go with no rotation or buy 5 tyres and start rotation?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by chakri400 : 9th February 2013 at 08:12.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:54   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We will consider changing tires today or tomorrow so that we drive atleast around 200km before the drive.

Does Ashoka wheel stocks Yoko's as well. What price did you get for them. I thought they are expensive then XM2's.
My consideration of non existent seems to be Mud roads well anything other than tarmac. Spoiled by some of the new roads in Hyderabad
Looks like Yoko's may be good.

Ashoka wheels keeps Yokos, I paid about INR 7300 per 225/60 C.Drive tire 5 months ago AFAIK. In fact, he has one of the biggest option list in case you want to upgrade...so you can touch and feel the tires. PM me for his number or call him directly to check what he has in stock @ the minister road shop.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 23:28   #220
BHPian

Quote:
We are currently in the market for 5th set of tyres for our Innova. Existing tires are Bridgestone which are very reliable but make a hell lot of noise. There was not a single puncture on a 8500km trip to Leh. My plan is to upgrade to something which will be low noise, suitable for both tarmac as well as non existent stretches (80%-20%). Further they will be doing almost 30-40% highway drives @100-120 kmph speeds.

We will be doing a highway drive immediately after changing the tires. Will the drive in be a problem. Looks like the dealer you got from is quite popular, we may consider getting done from them as well if our regular guy does not have what we want. Did you get any chance to test them in the wet conditions?

How do you feel the XM2, what were your previous tires.
Hey indian21r, I am finding that the XM2 is a huge upgrade over the Bridgestones. Nothing much happened over the first few days but I guess they took some time to settle. Since then it's been really good. Have made a couple of trips to the Hyderabad airport which is about 25 km of highway and it's a carpet ride compared to the Bridgestones. Much less noise and very smooth. No wet conditions yet so can't comment on that yet.

If you need the larger size go for the Primacy LC. Buffetfan has given you his feedback on the pricing but if the XM2 is anything to go by the PLC should be an awesome tyre. I would have but thought they were more expensive when I was looking. Should have asked. If you can live with the 205 size then you really can't go wrong with the XM2. The Yokos are an option but if you're doing significant off roading then don't go in that direction. Michelin has done some research on Indian conditions and it looks like they've got it right so far. Will be able to give you more feedback after I put some more miles on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
It is time for a change of tyres for my palio stile 1.6 sport. XM2 seems to be popular here. Need ur advice on
1. What are the max and optimum tyre sizes on my palio stock alloys? Is XM2 a good fit for my car?
2. I am located in BLR hsr lyt. Where would i get a good deal?
3. Is it advisable to get the tyres changed at the tyre shop or go to my mechanic or srvc center?
4. My 5th tyre is a stock bridgestone which was used so far as a spare. I never rotated the tyres. Should i buy 4 tyres and go with no rotation or buy 5 tyres and start rotation?
Thanks in advance!
Chakri, your tyre dealer should be able to guide you on tyre sizes but if you need to know yourself here is the link to the Michelin website
http://www.michelin.in/tyre/patternd...rCar/EnergyXM2

Click on the link that says "Find Your Tyre" and just enter your car details.

The XM2 was launched for mid size and compacts primarily so they should be fine with your Palio.
Usually the tyre shops have a installation and balancing service package on offer.
Do take it as it is very important to have the wheels aligned and balanced.

I can't help you with dealers in BLR but take your time with this purchase because you have to live with these tyres for a while after you purchase. The dealers are going to be a pushy lot but just hold on till you are sure you have all the information needed to make your purchase.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use multi-quote option while replying to multiple posts instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th February 2013 at 14:39. Reason: Merged posts
nikhil.nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 00:32   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
Chakri, your tyre dealer should be able to guide you on tyre sizes but if you need to know yourself here is the link to the Michelin website
http://www.michelin.in/tyre/patternd...rCar/EnergyXM2

Click on the link that says "Find Your Tyre" and just enter your car details.

The XM2 was launched for mid size and compacts primarily so they should be fine with your Palio.
Usually the tyre shops have a installation and balancing service package on offer.
Do take it as it is very important to have the wheels aligned and balanced.

I can't help you with dealers in BLR but take your time with this purchase because you have to live with these tyres for a while after you purchase. The dealers are going to be a pushy lot but just hold on till you are sure you have all the information needed to make your purchase.
Thanks Nikhil for the link, it is very useful. For Palio Stile 1.6, the link is showing the stock tyre size: 175/65R14. Just wondering if I could upsize to 185/65/R14 or similar.
Old 13th February 2013, 01:54   #222
BHPian

cahakri, upsizing tyres has to be checked a little before you get into it. I haven't got the information for your Palio but here are some useful links;

http://www.tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm
Plug your data in here and it will give you the change in wheel dimensions and the difference you get on your odometer. Even speed actually changes. Your up size says its a 2.23% change. The guideline is stay within 2-3% but you really need to take a call.

Here's a link to a forum post on an upsize that went wrong but he went with the 185/70/R14s. Still it should give you some reason to recheck.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ting-tyre.html
nikhil.nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 07:34   #223
BHPian

Friends,
I have just bought Michelin XM2 for my Logan, just want to know , how much tire pressure should I maintain for front and back.
As for experience of using Michelin, well did not feel anything special about Michelin. Earlier I was using stock J K.

Noise has reduced, but the feeling is same as J K tires. I travel on the same roads as earlier and the ride feels bumpy.

Please advice on tiers pressure to be maintained.

I have been advice to maintain 32 psi both front and back for my Logan, but the ride is very bumpy..
Old 23rd February 2013, 11:17   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Friends,
I have just bought Michelin XM2 for my Logan, just want to know , how much tire pressure should I maintain for front and back.
As for experience of using Michelin, well did not feel anything special about Michelin. Earlier I was using stock J K.

Noise has reduced, but the feeling is same as J K tires. I travel on the same roads as earlier and the ride feels bumpy.

Please advice on tiers pressure to be maintained.

I have been advice to maintain 32 psi both front and back for my Logan, but the ride is very bumpy..
Try reducing the pressure to 30 PSI. Also, how do you know it is really 32 PSI? The guage may be wrong.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 15:45   #225
BHPian

Atlast changed my Waggy's footwear to XM2 (155/65/R13 73T) yesterday. I was able to feel the difference significantly. The total cost incurred was Rs.12100 which includes a set of 4 new tyres, wheel alignment and balancing after the buy back of 4 old tyres.(Rs.500 each).

Last edited by Chris_Xtreme : 7th March 2013 at 15:46. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks