Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 13:57   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: ChangeMyTyre.com : India's 1st Online Tyre Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
They dont really mention much about each tyre
Excellent point! Here is a suggestion : Have users submit reviews for tyres. However, only a customer who has actually bought that tyre can submit a review for it (thus, maintaining authenticity).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Too expensive
Agreed. The one who's going to shop for tyres online might know a bit more than the average joe about cars. And he will definitely shop around.

I would buy online only if:

a) the item is cheaper

b) it's not available offline (or is difficult to procure)

c) convenience (in this case, you still have to go to the tyre shop anyway)

Points B & C aren't applicable to Changemytyre.com as the same tyres are available everywhere. Thus, their USP has to be price only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Would have been much better if they'd integrate a tyre calculator for different patch and rim sizes.
I believe a tyre calculator is in the pipeline.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 14:11   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the info GTO. There are so many online business and someone must have felt that there is none for selling automobile tyres on the internet and must have come up with this idea.

The point to note is how many people will take the pain of ordering from the website when they can actually visit a tyre dealership near their home for an actual feel of tyres, discussion with dealer which fits best, discount and freebies, exchange of old tyres and more importantly negotiation which we all do for buying almost any product.

This business model may work well in western countries where most people rely on internet for their purchases and fitment dealers are also far and few.

There are some products that bulk of majority in india will not buy off the internet like shirts, trousers, home appliances (television, fridge etc) and now please include tyres that list too.

I would use this website for a comparison of rates prevalent in the market.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 14:50   #18
BHPian

How does the return policy work here? In case there is a manufacturing defect on the tyre who does one contact? The portal or where the tyre was fitted?

Further their response time needs to be quicker. I had requested for 265x70x15 and the response gave me details of some of the tyre brands which were not available. I responded asking for further details if these were from the grey market etc, but the response took more than a week to come.

Purchases from internet vendors is a double edged sword - good news and bad news travels very fast and hence it would be essential that the key factors of building trust and ensuring reliability for the customers is achieved at the earliest and maintained.

cheers
indianrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 14:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

I checked the site. Price of Alto tyres are cheaper than at the dealer's. Just filled the site contact format yesterday and just now received a phone call and told that any tyre will be delivered to any place.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 15:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Was an interesting thing, until I checked out the prices. Checked out JK Elanzos and was shocked to see these widely available tyres selling at almost a 50% mark-up as compared to local prices. A big thumbs down!
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 21:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

That's a new thing for the Indian automotive industry. They seem to have good range of tires.
Things i liked:
1.Not sure how many will buy from here but definitely its worth visiting the site before purchase. One gets to know options available, also the price.
2.They have brands like Kumho,Pirelli etc which are hard to find in market.
3.The website is easy to use and searches are spot on.

Things i didn't like:
1.Fitting available only in limited cities.
2.Only tires available. Would be nice to see them selling alloys,repair kits etc.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 19:09   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

They are selling Mich Pilot sport 3 225/50 R16 for INR 10100/ tyre. The best deal I got among the various brick n mortar stores I checked in Bangalore/Salem/Guwahati was INR 10500/ tyre.

But unfortunately they dont have any fitting store except for the ones in NCR.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:30   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta
They are selling Mich Pilot sport 3 225/50 R16 for INR 10100/ tyre. The best deal I got among the various brick n mortar stores I checked in Bangalore/Salem/Guwahati was INR 10500/ tyre.

But unfortunately they dont have any fitting store except for the ones in NCR.
Hi,
As per my discussions with them when I was getting my Yeti tyres changed through them, they said that Noida, Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore are where they are planning their next centres soon. Maybe you can drop a mail to them to find when they would be ready.
Regards,
Behemoth
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:16   #24
Team-BHP Support

Surprising they don't have MRF ZLO in their product line up as well. One of the most popular tyres and it's not updated in their MRF tyre range.
Old 25th June 2012, 12:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

I think this is an excellent idea. I don't mind paying a slight premium for the comfort of sitting at home and being able to go through all the tire brands/upsizing etc and be able to make the decision in the comfort of my home without the sales pressure at a tire store. I can also research all I want before placing an order. What would really have been icing on the cake is if they would have been able to install the tires at my home or office. I'm not sure about the logistics of lugging around tire removing and balancing equipment but if that could be done, I'd be a lot happier. After all why spend all that time in traffic heading to a tire store at the other end of the city just to save a few bucks. I believe once their sales increase and they'll be able to reduce their prices as well.
Old 13th July 2012, 16:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

I noticed one thing, For some reason they are not selling any tyres from Dunlop.

My motto was to infer the price of Dunlop Grand-trek of the Fortuner, so that under exchange, wanted to know what price i would get for a brand new set of tyres. The price would help me negotiate if i get a low-ball offer.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:21   #27
BHPian

Nice website and a very nice initiative. Looks like they are also giving Rs 1000 off on the first purchase which is valid until 27th july. Good.

I checked the prices for Apollo aceleres for my i20 (whch i replaced recently) and the prices are lesser than what I bought them at. So they seem competitive on the prices front. I feel they should give some discount for a whole set of 5 purchase to attract bulk purchases. Hope they also add some fitting centres down south.

There is also a nice 'fitted in' feature which gives info on what all cars that the particular tyre goes into. Cool!
Old 14th July 2012, 15:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice site. GTO, Thanks for sharing.

Regarding the price, some tires are priced higher and some are lower the market value.
May be in future it will become more competent.

Best part is, at a time, we have so many brands to choose from.
Else, at most tire shops, we have 2 ~3 tire brands and some shops will promote only some specific brands without understanding customer's requirement.
Old 17th July 2012, 18:34   #29
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
They are selling Mich Pilot sport 3 225/50 R16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Surprising they don't have MRF ZLO in their product line up as well. One of the most popular tyres and it's not updated in their MRF tyre range.
They have ZLO tyres in their product line up now. But Michelin tyres are not listed in changemytyre.com . Does anyone know what happened between Michelin and Changemytyre.com?

Last edited by anb : 17th July 2012 at 18:41.
Old 17th July 2012, 18:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
They have ZLO tyres in their product line up now. But Michelin tyres are not listed in changemytyre.com . Does anyone know what happened between Michelin and Changemytyre.com?

I checked the price of Michelin XM2 155/70/R15 for my Santro on Friday.

Something must have happened over the weekend, . I will check in a couple of days again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks