Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 13:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: ChangeMyTyre.com : India's 1st Online Tyre Store

Good site, But there is no guild-line for upsizing.
Old 1st August 2012, 11:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
They have ZLO tyres in their product line up now. But Michelin tyres are not listed in changemytyre.com . Does anyone know what happened between Michelin and Changemytyre.com?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

I checked the price of Michelin XM2 155/70/R15 for my Santro on Friday.

Something must have happened over the weekend, . I will check in a couple of days again.
Buy Michelin Tyres Online | Best Prices on Michelin Tyres |Free Home Delivery | Fitting Options | Buy Tyres at ChangeMyTyre.com

Michelin is back again on changemytyre.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Good site, But there is no guild-line for upsizing.
Yeah ! I too felt that they must give an "upsize" chart for cars
Old 8th August 2012, 23:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Latest Offer:

Get a cell-phone free on purchase of 4+ tyres.
Funny Part: They are offering a dual-"Screen" phone
Source: Guess the website.

Name:  offer.bmp
Views: 3823
Size:  866.9 KB
Old 8th August 2012, 23:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Funny Part: They are offering a dual-"Screen" phone
It actually is a dual screen phone!! Dont ask me why!!

Register and Get Discount : ChangeMyTyre.com
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 16:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

I just booked Michelin XM2 165/65/R13 for my Santro from them.

Advantages
1. Its cheaper (dealers are quoting me 3650 (final price) per tyre), I am getting these tyres for 3538 at Changemytyre.com (including 200 bucks per tyre discount given)
2. Tyres fitted at nearby shop (their fitting center)
3. Convenience of Credit card payment (no 2% surcharge these shops ask for)

Had checked the price yesterday, it has gone up by Rs 100, should have booked the tyres yesterday only.
Old 26th August 2012, 23:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Thanks for sharing the information GTO.

So overall, a positive experience and I was able to get the tyres I wanted for my Yeti, and in the stock size.

Regards,
Behemoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I just booked Michelin XM2 165/65/R13 for my Santro from them.

Advantages
1. Its cheaper (dealers are quoting me 3650 (final price) per tyre), I am getting these tyres for 3538 at Changemytyre.com (including 200 bucks per tyre discount given)
2. Tyres fitted at nearby shop (their fitting center)
3. Convenience of Credit card payment (no 2% surcharge these shops ask for)

Had checked the price yesterday, it has gone up by Rs 100, should have booked the tyres yesterday only.
Can you please confirm whether they give/gave the original warranty cards?
Old 27th August 2012, 12:14   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbaruas View Post
No, in my case they gave only the invoice and said that I need to retain that for any warranty claims.
Though I guess they should have also issued warranty cards esp. as Yokohama India now gives warranty cards. Let me check back with them and see if they can get it for me now. They were a little new at that time and did not have this part tied up, but I hope that they can organize it now.

Anyone with more recent experience who can confirm on the latest status?

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 28th August 2012, 18:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbaruas

Cant say till now. I didnt do a followup yesterday (was waiting for them to act), they were sleeping over my order yesterday.

Had been chasing them today since morning, till now I was told it will be sent today, now after repeated followups, I have been told that due to rains in Delhi the tyre couldnt be shipped today.

Dont know of any business stopping due to rains, life moves on, one cant stop his business due to rains.

If it rains tomorrow, then no idea what will they do.

Not a happy experience so far, my order tracking says that it is shipped (online tracking is a farce, I would say)

Wonder, how come it takes more than 3 days (waiting to see if its more than that) to deliver an item from Delhi/Gurgaon to Delhi.

Best part is, I didnt ask for delivery to my home, rather to their fitting center.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 28th August 2012 at 18:24.
Old 30th August 2012, 14:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Okay, here's an update.

Got the tyres and got it fitted on my car. Though the tyres are made in Thailand, dont know if its good or bad.

Haven't received warranty card, though same was given to me by another dealer with whom I had purchased my earlier set of tyres.

When quizzed the changemytyre.com dealer fitting tyres on my car, he said original invoices, bills, guarantee card will be couriered to my home in next 2-3 days. I don't think it will happen like that, as bill has been sent over email to me earlier.

Have received two bills (for two tyres) by email earlier.

Also, received an email from changemytyre.com explaining their situation for delay and also a mention about this thread.

All in all would summarize the following.

1. Nice options to choose
2. I can get tyres which are otherwise not available at nearby shops (got Michelin XM2 easily, while dealers were selling me XM1 Or XM1+)
3. Easy to compare
4. Competitively priced (thanks to their discount)
5. Convenience of Credit card payment
6. Genuine tyres (I am sure they wont provide duplicates)

Things to consider for
1. The delivery time, their mail says takes 2-3 days for delivery within same city, which I think is quite a bit (not sure if they are doing so much business these days), Jabong delivers within 24 hrs
2. The fitting centers (in my case) chosen is a bare minimum shop without any AC comfort, so be prepared to sweat it out when your tyres are changed (not sure if thats the case with other fitting centers)
3. Their website doesnt give a track of actual shipment/expected delivery date (even normal courier site gives this update, check flipkart on their delivery status)
4. If you want a tyre in hurry, go a shop yourself, if you have a buffer of a few days, you can buy from this site.
5. The old tyres were given for 50 bucks per piece (100 bucks for 2), and it was adjusted against the weight put on the tyres.
6. I think, the following should be given complimentary which other dealers give
a. New Nozzle for new tyres (mine went bad) had to change today in less than 12 hrs of tyre fitting
b. Alignment - doesn't cost in terms of material.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 30th August 2012 at 14:59.
tanwaramit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 15:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 937704

You can have tyres shipped directly to your home / office, or to a local "authorised fitment center". The Delhi NCR region will have 15 centers by end June (up from the current 5), while 7 locations in Mumbai & Bangalore are going to be in place by mid-July. Hyderabad and Chennai will soon follow. In 3 months, ChangeMyTyre.com wants to have a network of 40 fitment centers in 7 cities.
I still don't see any fitment centers for Bangalore buyers. I haven't actually compared the prices with the local market. But, local sellers often offer the fitment, balancing and alignment as free with the purchase. So, if the price difference is not good enough to accommodate these additional charges I would rather go for local people. You can at least go back and negotiate with the local seller if in case of a complaint.
Old 2nd September 2012, 05:38   #41
BHPian

A friend of mine replaced his Indigo's tyres yesterday.at a reputed shop in Bangalore and it cost him 4700 per Tyre for 170/65 r14. The website too has the same amount. I did not go till the checkout point to see if there was any shipping cost involved but if the price was same and if the website gives a little more value addition such as advice on car models rather than by Tyre sizes, upsize possibilities etc, it might be a good alternative!

And Yes: disposal of the old tyres is a problem going via this website.

Last edited by deep_bang : 2nd September 2012 at 05:43.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:15   #42
BHPian

I was contemplating buying it online but what abt exchange price for stock tyres.. where do we get that done? does Change my tyre buyback your old /stock tyres? I guess buying from a dealer would eventually get you a better NET price.. as he may give you a better price for your stock tyre if you buy the new tyre from him .. Dunno just my 2 cents...
Old 15th September 2012, 21:01   #43
BHPian

They now have 5 fitting centers in Bangalore. Anyone tried them yet? I'm currently in the market to replace tyres on an Optra, but not sure if I should go with changemytyre.com.
Old 15th September 2012, 22:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

I recently changed my tyres and had checked out changemytyre.com . I found them costlier than local dealerships and also limited by the brands/sub brands available for the size i was looking at ( 195/60 R15)
Old 16th September 2012, 11:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I recently changed my tyres and had checked out changemytyre.com . I found them costlier than local dealerships and also limited by the brands/sub brands available for the size i was looking at ( 195/60 R15)
Honestly- I would suggest you to go to a nearby shop and strike the deal. IT is better to buy peace of mind rather than save a couple of 100s.

Unfortunately Indian Online shopping is not as hassle free as US or Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
They now have 5 fitting centers in Bangalore. Anyone tried them yet? I'm currently in the market to replace tyres on an Optra, but not sure if I should go with changemytyre.com.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 16th September 2012 at 11:11.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks