Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2012, 11:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: ChangeMyTyre.com : India's 1st Online Tyre Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Honestly- I would suggest you to go to a nearby shop and strike the deal. IT is better to buy peace of mind rather than save a couple of 100s.

Unfortunately Indian Online shopping is not as hassle free as US or Europe.
Can't agree more with you . I did just that . One more important aspect that a visit to the local dealer achieves when buying new tyres, wheel balancing and alignment can also be done simultaneously
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 20:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
I still don't see any fitment centers for Bangalore buyers. I haven't actually compared the prices with the local market. But, local sellers often offer the fitment, balancing and alignment as free with the purchase. So, if the price difference is not good enough to accommodate these additional charges I would rather go for local people. You can at least go back and negotiate with the local seller if in case of a complaint.
Rajni

It is always recommended to reach a local guy than an online purchase. When I changed my tires and upgraded to alloys it was easy to reach these guys for minor alterations which they had done free of cost.

If we buy from an online shop no one will entertain you and it will be a pain with your busy schedule.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this is right place for this question.

Why is 185/65 R14 tyres costlier than 185/70 R14?

For example: The XM2 185/65 R14 is 4,925 and XM2 185/70 R14 is 4,875. The MRF ZV2K 185/65 R14 is 4,175 and MRF ZV2K 185/65 R14 is 3,985.

Shouldn't it be the other way round? What am I missing here?

This can be seen at ChangeMyTyre.com and retail shops as well.
Old 9th November 2012, 23:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I don't know if this is right place for this question.

Why is 185/65 R14 tyres costlier than 185/70 R14?

For example: The XM2 185/65 R14 is 4,925 and XM2 185/70 R14 is 4,875. The MRF ZV2K 185/65 R14 is 4,175 and MRF ZV2K 185/65 R14 is 3,985.

Shouldn't it be the other way round? What am I missing here?

This can be seen at ChangeMyTyre.com and retail shops as well.
true, even the apollo accelers are 100/- each costlier in 185/65R14 compared to 185/70R14.
i was told when i bought 185/65R14 that the reason is 185/70R14 is a very common size. its used in swift, Dzire and 2-3 other cars. so its a high volume fast moving size. whereas there are few cars with 185/65 and hence higher price for lower volumes product. many models are not even launched in that size.
Old 21st November 2012, 18:22   #50
BHPian

Changemytyre.com now offering alloys for cars & two wheelers

A strange coincidence maybe but I had asked them a question yesterday on Facebook to which they responded with this new offering. Well I'm both surprised & impressed. This is some serious pro-activeness .

I found their prices very competitive and the prices they quote is inclusive of all hidden costs. Although I have never bought anything from them before but I have spoken to them and found they extremely professional compared to most of the "tyrewalas" I know. I definitely intend to do business with them very soon!

I personally think a alloy wheels section was missing in this site which they have now added will help people like me who are looking for tyre+wheels replacement buy the complete solution from them in one shot.

http://www.changemytyre.com/
Attached Thumbnails
ChangeMyTyre.com : India's 1st Online Tyre Store-cmt1.jpg  

ChangeMyTyre.com : India's 1st Online Tyre Store-cmt2.jpg  

ChangeMyTyre.com : India's 1st Online Tyre Store-cmt.jpg  

sabret00the is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 20:53   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Changemytyre.com now offering alloys for cars & two wheelers

Bringing the bike tyres is a very good move. Motorcycle tyres are the most cheated ones WRT price in the market. If they add good collection to their arsenel like Michelin, pirelli, irc in commonly used sizes then they will sell like hot cakes!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:39   #52
Team-BHP Support

I am not sure whether their prices are not really a bit over the top though. Most bike tyres are around Rs.1700 Are these so costly? I am talking about the kind that goes into most of the commuter segement bikes. Similarly I was looking at the prices for 235/65 R17 tyres that go into the SUVs. Today many of the prices have been removed. But till yesterday, MRF were costing about as much as the Bridgestone Duellers (close to 15000 bucks a piece). Again, will anyone wish to by MRFs for that kind of price?

PS: Looks like some kind of adjustment is happening on that site. Till yesterday they listed the said tyre as MRF Wanderer now it has been changed to Goodyear Wrangler. Prices are still not there for many of the tyres.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd November 2012 at 11:42.
Old 22nd November 2012, 18:34   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Zappo, that is prbably a reflection of the market situation. When I bought my Yoko db set for Vento recently I compared the price on changemytyre.com with what stores were offering and there was no significant difference.

Tyre prices have gone haywire recently, especially for 16" and above.
Old 7th June 2013, 08:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

I am in lookout for tyres for my Polo. The stock Apollo Aceleres are costing around 4200 in Bangalore tyre shops. But in changemytyre they are offering the same for 3200. How is this possible? Am i missing something like speed rating or is it some old stock. I called them up and the lady on other side was clueless.
http://www.changemytyre.com/Car/Tyre...CELERE-TL/1075
Old 7th June 2013, 08:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

CMT.com has reduced the tyre prices for some in the last week for sure. I had looked at 155/80 R13 for the A-star and it was 3.7 for XM2. Now, the same is 3225.

But 185/65 R15 remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
But in changemytyre they are offering the same for 3200. How is this possible?
poloman, that price is too good. Just make sure the stock is not older than 6 months.
Old 7th June 2013, 08:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

poloman, that price is too good. Just make sure the stock is not older than 6 months.
Yes that exactly is my worry. How can they offer such heavy discounts only on selected products? Price of similar rated tires are same or even more compared to store prices.
Old 7th June 2013, 09:22   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Yes that exactly is my worry. How can they offer such heavy discounts only on selected products? Price of similar rated tires are same or even more compared to store prices.
That' a super cool price! Only concern is whether the tyres are very old or not! Till 8 months old is good enough. Anything older is not advisable . If you are convinced enough just go for it. You will surely not get such price anywhere in bangalore!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 7th June 2013 at 09:24.
Old 15th June 2013, 14:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Got the tyres shipped anyways. It took one week to ship and I paid by COD. The tyres are manufactured in different weeks of (as latest as 14th)2013. So no concerns on the manufacture date Still not sure how they could sell it so cheap. Planning to replace my slightly bent and scratched alloy for the money saved.
Old 13th July 2013, 08:50   #59
BHPian

Ordered 2 Goodyear Duraplus 155/65 13 tyres for my dad's wagon r. He stays in Shimla, and i decided to help him avoid having to scout around for tyres by ordering them online from my place. Price seems good (2950 per tyre), and the delivery (@ Shimla) was done in 04 days time. Pretty impressed. Have to confirm details like manufacturing month etc from dad, who is out of town for a while.

A good buying experience. Will recommend buying from these guys. It seems to be a really good venture that has the potential to help buyers like me chose and order from the convenience of my home, and at pretty decent prices too. Cheers.

Last edited by nvldvr : 13th July 2013 at 08:51. Reason: Forgot to add price details
Old 30th July 2013, 18:52   #60
BHPian

They've now started stocking a variety of accessories and car care items as well! Did anyone order? How was the experience?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks