Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 20:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Yokohama launching Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

They'll fit the stock alloys fine. A set of four should set you back by approx 17,000+
Old 28th November 2013, 10:36   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
My Innova's tyres have come up for replacement am considering Yoko Earth -1 would it be choice compared to:

Bridgestone Ar10
Continental Conti Premium Contact 2
Bridgestone B390

From the research done B390 come as OEM on some innova vehicles, couldn't find enough information to base an opinion on them.
Continental ContiPremium: Exceptionally good on wet suface, some complaints do exist on quality, uneven wear and bulges
Bridgestone AR10: Supposed to be good. A safe bet because Bridgestone have had good success in India i.e lesser problems reported sans other manufacturers
Finally Earth -1: Bhpian Nikhilb2008 has given them a good rating and says they have focused on making the tyre stronger and long lasting.

My requirements is good comfort and long lasting tyres (50k kms) tyre noise needs to be low but not very low as the air con is on and audio is running most of the time.
I have not given them a good rating! Just to clarify! I've never used these tyres and what I've posted is mainly marketing from Yokohama.

Also, there is no issue with Continental when it comes to quality or bulges. They are among the more rugged tyres I've used. 37,000kms and no bulges but rims were bent. This shows how rugged the tyres are.

For your usage, I would think the CPC2 would be better as it's more of a high performance tyre. The Earth 1 is basically an entry level tyre.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 13:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I have not given them a good rating! Just to clarify! I've never used these tyres and what I've posted is mainly marketing from Yokohama.

@Nikhil, do you want to say that Yokohama itself is rating earth tyre bad?
Old 5th December 2013, 13:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
My Innova's tyres have come up for replacement am considering Yoko Earth -1 would it be choice compared to:

Bridgestone Ar10
Continental Conti Premium Contact 2
Bridgestone B390

From the research done B390 come as OEM on some innova vehicles, couldn't find enough information to base an opinion on them.
Continental ContiPremium: Exceptionally good on wet suface, some complaints do exist on quality, uneven wear and bulges
Bridgestone AR10: Supposed to be good. A safe bet because Bridgestone have had good success in India i.e lesser problems reported sans other manufacturers
Finally Earth -1: Bhpian Nikhilb2008 has given them a good rating and says they have focused on making the tyre stronger and long lasting.

My requirements is good comfort and long lasting tyres (50k kms) tyre noise needs to be low but not very low as the air con is on and audio is running most of the time.
B390 is a MPV special tyre excellent mileage tried and tested.
Continental conti pre, not developed to deliver mileage(may not be as per your requirement)
AR10 discontinued, AR20 available.
earth 1 and AR20 being new not many mileage reports.
Old 21st December 2013, 11:51   #35
BHPian

My driver hit the car to the road devider and the front right type got burst. Changed it with Yokhama earth1. Currently its a spare tyre got it for Rs 4500/-. Now that the car has run for 32 K KMS plan to change other 3 tyres as well as one of the stock good year tyres is new which will be used as spare.. Can I get a better price?
Old 26th December 2013, 21:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Purchased Yokohama Earth 1 tyres for our Wagon R.

155/65/R13. Paid Rs 3200 a piece. Going on a drive tomorrow, will update the initial impressions here.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 13:41   #37

Hi, any updates on the performance of these tyres. How're they compared to A-drives!
Old 28th December 2013, 14:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

155/65/R13. Paid Rs 3200 a piece. Going on a drive tomorrow, will update the initial impressions here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer_Gupta View Post
Hi, any updates on the performance of these tyres. How're they compared to A-drives!
Grip is fantastic compared to MRF ZV2K.
Steering feels planted.
Zero road noise on good roads.
I think the noise is higher of asphalt roads with less tar.

Still very early days, only 400 kms done so far.driven mostly on highways.

I am currently discussing the noise with parag on our forum to identify it is tire noise or something else.

Last edited by F150 : 28th December 2013 at 15:04.
F150 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 15:04   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Grip is fantastic compared to MRF ZV2K.
Steering feels planted.
No road noise on good roads.
I think the noise is higher of asphalt roads with less tar.

Still very early days, only 250 kms done so far.driven mostly on highways.

I am currently discussing the noise with parag on our forum to identify it is tire noise or something else.
Something that I always want. How is the sidewall? Is it hard or soft? Am used to hard sidewalls. Also, they still dont have 16" tyres. Do you have news regarding this as to when they can be expected? I'm waiting for this.
Old 28th December 2013, 15:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Something that I always want. How is the sidewall? Is it hard or soft? Am used to hard sidewalls. Also, they still dont have 16" tyres. Do you have news regarding this as to when they can be expected? I'm waiting for this.
Side wall appears to be strong.
I have driven on poor to good roads. Tyres are OK, no issues so far, touch wood.
F150 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 14:28   #41
BHPian

My Innova's gonna need a new set of tyres. The stock B390s have clocked over 65,000kms and need changing.
Now, I read the entire thread. Im confused about whether I should go for Yoko Earth-1 or C Drive ? Any advice guys?
Old 29th December 2013, 19:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr_1445 View Post
My Innova's gonna need a new set of tyres. The stock B390s have clocked over 65,000kms and need changing.
Now, I read the entire thread. Im confused about whether I should go for Yoko Earth-1 or C Drive ? Any advice guys?
Earth-1 in case you want a cheap tire toughened sidewall, better resilience on rough roads, long life and average grip and comfort

C.Drive if you are willing to pay a bit more, do lot of high speed driving, want excellent wet grip, high comfort and silence along with an average 45-55k tire life.

see positioning at

http://global.yokohamatire.net/produ...nger_asia.html

and detailing at http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...58187178,d.bmk
Buffetfan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 19:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Hey any idea on what are the other sizes available in 13" with the earth 1? I upgraded my car's tyres with the A539 175/60 r13 last week, they are really nice. A big improvement over the previous jks but the earth 1s are new and seem to offer a lot more. Now I think to myself, I should've waited.
Old 4th January 2014, 07:46   #44
BHPian

Which is better 'a drive' or earth 1 ?

Upgrade required for 2 of the tyres of my Getz CRDi currently running on Goodyear tubeless dura plus or gps2 size 185 65 14
Old 5th January 2014, 15:28   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

If you have to buy a new set now, I will recommend the Earth One as it's a newer tyre. It's an upgrade to the A Drive. Why go for an old outdated pattern when you have a better option available?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks