Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 13:28   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Thanks for the quick feedback. The Brand is another challenge. UC6 is unavailable in 195/65 for now, only option is Apollo Alnac 4G and Bridgestone B290.

If not, Conti UC6 - 195/60 R15. Do you recommend this in the given scenario?
Veelubai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 16:41   #47
BHPian

Hello everyone. My Ciaz ZDi is due for a tyre change. Which will be a better option for me brand wise and size wise. Better ground clearance will always be welcome. Current tyre is Goodyear 195/55R16.
Old 16th February 2021, 16:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Hello everyone. My Ciaz ZDi is due for a tyre change. Which will be a better option for me brand wise and size wise. Better ground clearance will always be welcome. Current tyre is Goodyear 195/55R16.
Exactly my set of doubts !
Refer my thread here - last page - and most of the questions you asked I have covered.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...000-km-18.html
Old 4th August 2022, 21:21   #49

Hey guys!
My 2016 Ciaz VXI+ has done over 62000km and the original MRF ZVTS tyres it came with are very hard now, need replacement even though they have decent amounts of tread in them.
I am torn between two tyres:
1. CEAT Securadrive 185/65R15
2. Continental UltraContact 185/65R15

There is a significant price difference between them (CEAT is about 1100 cheaper than the continentals).
Does anyone here know if CEAT Securadrive tyres are suitable for my car?
My main requirements are good grip and low noise.
Suggestions welcome!
Old 4th August 2022, 23:04   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbaba View Post
Does anyone here know if CEAT Securadrive tyres are suitable for my car?
My main requirements are good grip and low noise.
Suggestions welcome!
Hello! The Ceat Securadrive comes as the stock tyre on many vehicles - the new i20 (14 and 16 inch), Venue and Sonet (16 inch), Triber (15 inch) Kia Carens (16 inch), Slavia/Virtus (15 and 16 inch), Kushaq/Taigun(16 and 17 inch) and the Punch (15 inch). Especially with Volkswagen, it’s not easy to meet their performance requirements to qualify as a stock fitment. It’s certainly not a bad tyre so to speak.

However if you’re a really discerning driver, go on frequent long drives without music (when the tyre noise really makes a difference), you’ll know why the UC6 costs 20-25% more - you might feel the difference in cabin noise in that situation. For regular city drives the difference won’t be felt at all in all probability.

As far as grip is concerned, both tyres should be on the same level, as again, braking distance is strictly evaluated by OEMs for a stock tyre fitment.

Hope this gave enough clarity.
Old 4th August 2022, 23:45   #51

Thanks! I’ll see if I can get a better deal on the UC6. If not, securadrive It is for the next 50-60k kms.
Btw, most of my usage is on the highway, in and around the hills (I live in Chandigarh).
bikerbaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 14:45   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Hello! The Ceat Securadrive comes as the stock tyre on many vehicles - the new i20 (14 and 16 inch), Venue and Sonet (16 inch), Triber (15 inch) Kia Carens (16 inch), Slavia/Virtus (15 and 16 inch), Kushaq/Taigun(16 and 17 inch) and the Punch (15 inch). Especially with Volkswagen, it’s not easy to meet their performance requirements to qualify as a stock fitment. It’s certainly not a bad tyre so to speak.

However if you’re a really discerning driver, go on frequent long drives without music (when the tyre noise really makes a difference), you’ll know why the UC6 costs 20-25% more - you might feel the difference in cabin noise in that situation. For regular city drives the difference won’t be felt at all in all probability.

As far as grip is concerned, both tyres should be on the same level, as again, braking distance is strictly evaluated by OEMs for a stock tyre fitment.

Hope this gave enough clarity.
A continental dealer in Chandigarh is offering a discount on new tyres and is selling them to me at 5100 per tyre including alignment +balancing. Considering the fact that now CEAT securadrive is 4600, is just a matter of ₹500 per tyre so I’m getting the UC6 on Monday.
Old 5th August 2022, 15:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbaba View Post
A continental dealer in Chandigarh is offering a discount on new tyres and is selling them to me at 5100 per tyre including alignment +balancing. Considering the fact that now CEAT securadrive is 4600, is just a matter of ₹500 per tyre so I’m getting the UC6 on Monday
That’s a fabulous deal for UC6. Just make sure that it is of a recent manufacturing date - it’s the 4 digit code on the sidewall like 1622 which indicates that is is manufactured on the 16th week of 2022. Don’t go for tyres which are 8 months or older.

Cheers!

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 5th August 2022 at 15:45.
Old 5th August 2022, 18:03   #54

Quote:
That’s a fabulous deal for UC6. Just make sure that it is of a recent manufacturing date - it’s the 4 digit code on the sidewall like 1622 which indicates that is is manufactured on the 16th week of 2022. Don’t go for tyres which are 8 months or older.

Cheers!
yesThe tyres were very recent, 2422. He said that they just came in. He only has 2 as of now (in my tire size) and will get 2 more on Monday, which is when I’ll get them installed.
Old 20th August 2022, 21:03   #55

Quote:

Cheers!
Finally, got the UC6 at 5150/tyre including alignment and balancing! Couldn’t go beyond 60kmph cuz of the millions of cameras installed in the city, but will take it out for a spin tomorrow morning. For now, the ride is more cushy, noise levels appear to be similar but I’m at 45-45km so can’t comment much on that. Thanks for all your help! BTW, securadrive had gone down to 4215 but I got to know that after I got these installed
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-904e863d25a4460ca42d51e28297c254.jpeg  

bikerbaba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 22:44   #56

Hello Everyone !!

Had gone through this thread before upsizing my Ciaz 195/55 R16 to 195/60 R16. Thanks everyone for that.

Attaching pictures of the new upgrade
Maruti Ciaz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20221007-4.05.48-pm.jpeg

The clearance has improved by 10 mm and my first ride after upsizing, i could really feel the increase in clearance as was used to the low clearance of Ciaz for last 4 year.

The ride is smoother mostly because of the yokohama bluearth-GT. Have not tested it yet on the highways, but i am assuming slightly lesser stability due to increased clearance.
sachinkraut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 12:55   #57
BHPian

Hello,

My Ciaz has been on stock tyres MRF ZVTS 185/65 R15 for 58K KMs. Planning to change all the tires. I thought of replacing with same stock tyre since it has served me for 8 years without a single puncture. While speaking to MRF dealer he suggested me to go for ZLX.

The other thought is to go either for continental UC6 or Yokohama Earth1. Please advice.
Old 16th October 2022, 05:40   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Hello,

My Ciaz has been on stock tyres MRF ZVTS 185/65 R15 for 58K KMs. Planning to change all the tires. I thought of replacing with same stock tyre since it has served me for 8 years without a single puncture. While speaking to MRF dealer he suggested me to go for ZLX.

The other thought is to go either for continental UC6 or Yokohama Earth1. Please advice.
I love the way my car feels after the switch to UC6. Superb handling and it feels like a new car especially after I got rid of the MRF stock tyres it came with. Silent n amazing
Old 16th October 2022, 11:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Hello,

I drove on the MRF Stock tyre for 6.5yrs (42K Km). Replaced the tyre with Bridgestone B290, same specs. The ride is much smoother, quieter & feel much more confident while driving around corners.
sandeep959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 12:16   #60
BHPian

Thanks for your suggestions. I went ahead with the same MRF ZVTV tyres got all 4 tyres replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks