Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 12:36   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
Hey everyone - though you'd like to know about this. Blaupunkt India has launched their own TPMS system. Plug and play, like the Steelmate one, with 4 external sensors that you can install yourselves. I'm currently reviewing it - so can also answer any questions you may have. (Disclaimer: I'm in no way connected to Blaupunkt)

Here's the box.
Attachment 1336577

Price label
Attachment 1336578

Attachment 1336579

Attachment 1336580

This is the display unit - plugs directly into the 12V socket and shows real-time pressure for all wheels.
Attachment 1336581

This is the 1 amp USB port behind the display. You can flip the display down and plug a phone in to charge if you like.
Attachment 1336582

Here's a shot of the sensor installed on the valve. No wheel balancing is required after installation. Total installation takes only 5 minutes. Each sensor comes with a silver and a black cap and the lithium coin battery inside is user replaceable.
Attachment 1336583

This TPMS looks good except the fact that the sensors are so easy to remove. I have had my valve caps stolen so many times that I can't even afford to have this kind of setup.

Are these caps individually available for buying? Also, what's the on road price of this thing. There's always some scope on the MRP. 😄
Old 5th February 2015, 12:55   #107
BHPian

Re: Onboard Tyre pressure sensors

Actually, the external sensors are not very easy to remove.

i.e., you can't just unscrew them, like you would a valve cap. I think all TPMS units with external sensors come with this anti-theft feature.

You can't really see it when you look at the sensor, but there is a hex nut behind it. You get a tiny spanner with it (that you're supposed to keep in the car). First, you use the spanner to loosen the the hex nut behind the sensor - then the sensor screws off normally.

See the image for details - first, you put the hex nut on the valve, then screw on the sensor, then tighten the nut behind the sensor with the spanner. It stays locked.
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-tpms.jpg

A further question would be - is this required everytime you need to fill air in the tyres? The answer is yes, unfortunately. That's why you keep that tiny spanner in the car
Old 5th February 2015, 17:52   #108
BHPian

Thanks for sharing.

Looks good, but MRP of 18990 appears a way too higher than some of the units discussed on this thread.
Old 6th February 2015, 12:34   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Looks good, but MRP of 18990 appears a way too higher than some of the units discussed on this thread.
I agree - 19K is way too much for a basic system. Steelmate is good. I've seen some different versions that they have (including the one that communicates with an iPhone and app). I wonder why they only sell the basic TP70 here. Still, 9k is an excellent price.

If someone wants - you can even import ones with a larger display, temperature/pressure readings and your choice of internal/external sensors from Aliexpress. starts at about $100 including shipping from trusted suppliers.
Old 1st November 2015, 22:55   #110
BHPian

I've been looking around for a good TPMS that can monitor 5 tyres.
After poring through a lot of threads and trucker sites it seems the external cap sensor option is as reliable as an internal tyre sensor, plus its an easier option as compared to internal tpms which are prone to damage during puncture repairs and don't have replaceable batteries. While the good thing with the american ones is that 5 tyres can be monitored, they're priced 300 quid and above :(
Guess I'll have to head to aliexpress after all.
Here s a video of alan whiting of outback travel australia, explaining the advantages of a tpms in the outback. its a plug/review for a tpms company, but worth a watch nonetheless.

Old 10th July 2017, 20:09   #111
BHPian

I want to install a TPMS in my newly acquired Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX. It is shame that it was not provided even in a 25 lakh car. App based systems are not preferred as the car would occasionally be driven by a driver who does not own a smartphone. Also, it would not be sufficient for all time monitoring. If it is to be installed on the car charger then it should fit in the space around the socket
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-toyotainnovacrysta43.jpg
Source: Toyota Innova Crysta: Official review.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Old 10th July 2017, 21:38   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
I want to install a TPMS in my newly acquired Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX. It is shame that it was not provided even in a 25 lakh car. App based systems are not preferred as the car would occasionally be driven by a driver who does not own a smartphone. Also, it would not be sufficient for all time monitoring. If it is to be installed on the car charger then it should fit in the space around the socket

Source: Toyota Innova Crysta: Official review.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
You can check this one from AliExpress. I bought and it's very good. I also fixed this in my cigarette lighter socket.

Tpms tp620 Car Tire tire pressure alarm Car Tire Diagnostic-tool support Bar and PSI tire pressure monitor car electronics
http://s.aliexpress.com/eYVrAB32
(from AliExpress Android)
It measure around 1.5 inch by 1 inch approximately. You can get delivery within 30 days.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 22:11   #113
BHPian

I don't think that this one would fit there as there is a design flaw in the car. There is alomst no space towards the right of the charging socket and the device you suggested appears very wide from the pictures. Hence, I fear that it would not fit.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 10th July 2017 at 22:12.
Old 10th July 2017, 22:44   #114
BHPian

The whole device measures around 1.5 inch i length and 1 inch in height. You can turn it at 90 degrees so will need around max 1inch space around the socket.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 08:48   #115
BHPian

Can you please attach a picture with the device installed on your car, the pictures present on the internet give a very vague idea of dimensions.
Some reasons due to which it does not suit me: 1. Its shipping time is very loooonng.
2. It appears broader than any other TPMS I have seen on the internet.
3. Mounting it at 90 degrees will cause me to misread it sometimes.
4. Mounting at 90 degrees is even more difficult than mounting horizontally because there is even less space above it than below it.
5. Also, my debit card does not allow international transfers.
Old 30th July 2017, 14:06   #116
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply. Here are pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20170730_100433.jpg  

Old 7th September 2017, 21:06   #117
BHPian

Just the thread i was looking for!
I got delivery of this TPMS from AliExpress today for my Hexa:-
tpms tp620 Car Tire tire pressure alarm Car Tire Diagnostic-tool support Bar and PSI tire pressure monitor car electronics
http://s.aliexpress.com/biQfAruq
(from AliExpress Android)

Is wheel balancing required for such external sensors?
I see that the OP mentions it's not required but am a bit doubtful.

Have planned for a long journey this weekend, so any replies would greatly help!
Old 11th March 2018, 09:20   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Is wheel balancing required for such external sensors?
I see that the OP mentions it's not required but am a bit doubtful.
even I have this question : after installing TPMS sensors, will that disturb the wheel balancing, need to do balancing again ?l
appreciate if someone puts light on this matter.
PS: I dont have TPMS on car, but recently put TPMS on my motorcycle.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:02   #119
BHPian

Can anyone put out a link on a good tpms for the tata hexa?
Old 20th March 2018, 05:23   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Can anyone put out a link on a good tpms for the tata hexa?
Budget that you are ready to spend on?

AliExpress has many available but I am not sure in terms of reliability and life! The one I liked is:

Solar type TPMS internal sensors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks