Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 13:30   #1
BHPian

Onboard Tyre pressure sensors

Is there somehow we could retrofit the onboard tyre pressure sensors in our cars as available in the higher end models abroad?
Has anyone of you seen these in kit form wherein they could be imported and retrofit in our daily drive cars in India?
Would anyone be able to tell me about the workings of these, as in where do the sensors fit, how do they get the feedback? How is the feedback transmitted to the onboard information display etc?
Additional information like user feedback on accuracy, reliability, availability of features such as a warning beep or flashing light when pressure is falling below normal etc would also be of added help.

Last edited by suren181 : 30th May 2007 at 13:36.
Old 30th May 2007, 13:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Here you go:

How sensors work - Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Old 30th May 2007, 13:36   #3
BHPian

suren Xenos India has it:
its here
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

incase u happen to contact xenos for above info, please post the pricing details in this forum for fellow bhpians

Last edited by zakaaaaasss : 30th May 2007 at 13:37.
Old 30th May 2007, 13:53   #4
BHPian

Thank you Mag and zakaaas for the info.

@zakaaaas: did call Xenos guys at Coimbatore and the marketing guy a Mr. Arun had no idea whether they have this in their range at all. However have taken the number of the the Product development Senior mgr who is out on lunch. Shall call him in some time and post the feedback.

@theMAG: Regarding the remote sensing module, it has been mentioned that it has to be fitted inside the tyre itself looks like that it will then limit it's application to tubeless tyres only and thus eliminates a majority of users in our country who run on tubed tyres, If I am right probably this might be the reason that this product has not taken of in India as it should have. Any light on his guys?
Old 30th May 2007, 14:21   #5
BHPian

The TPMS is in the development stage and would be introduced into the market within 6 months is what a Sr.Mgr. of Xenos hapopened to mention. Until then, looks like Taiwan is a source for these products, so would any of our Auto Ancillary gurus know of a source and of the pricing? The knowledge of which am sure will be of much help to all our members.
Old 1st June 2007, 03:05   #6

Tpms

Hi there.

From 2008 every new car that is sold in the USA will have to have a TPMS fitted into the car as standard, so all car manufactures will bring them out maybe within six months of that date. As to aftermarket one have a look at Welcome to WAECO , for thats were I bought mine from for price and quality they were the best ones. Price 6425/- and they do make a difference in as much that the tyre are wearing out properly
Old 1st June 2007, 07:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Xenos TPMS pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss
suren Xenos India has it: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

incase u happen to contact xenos for above info, please post the pricing details in this forum for fellow bhpians
The Kit from Xenos costs abou 12K, before a 10% discount. They dont seem to have sold much of this one.
Old 1st June 2007, 10:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yeah they do have stock of these and it has been launched for 12k Not cheap i would say.
Old 1st June 2007, 13:31   #9
BHPian

Heard from a source that a few of these kits have been given to Mahindra (guess for the Scorpio range, maybe the 2.2). These are basically given to them for testing. Hopefully they will be standard fitment in the near future in India too.
Old 1st June 2007, 13:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Hi there.

From 2008 every new car that is sold in the USA will have to have a TPMS fitted into the car as standard, so all car manufactures will bring them out maybe within six months of that date. As to aftermarket one have a look at Welcome to WAECO , for thats were I bought mine from for price and quality they were the best ones. Price 6425/- and they do make a difference in as much that the tyre are wearing out properly
have u fitted it on to ur car? which one did u buy for 6495, LED or LCD?
pls post a review of the same
Old 1st June 2007, 13:49   #11
BHPian

Why not simply buy an analog pressure gage and check pressure every month at least? More gadgets mean more things to go wrong Some French cars have this (Peugeot etc.) and owners often complaint malfunction. And you can't rely on them 100% of the time.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

hey suren,
i once happen to see such gauges (mechanical types) in one of the threads, do some search and you might find it. i think petes sells them. it had green and red indicators on it. but few of the members discouraged saying they could be dangerous.

check this link:
Pete's Performance Products

contact turboindia:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/turboindia.html
he would give you more info.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 1st June 2007 at 14:09.
Old 1st June 2009, 17:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for my new ANHC

Dear Friends,

I wanted to know whether any after market TPMS is available in India ?, preferably in Bangalore ?

if yes, i would like to know the details viz.
- make, part nos, specs, price, location to buy
- how to fit the same in the car, what sort of indications would be available ?
- has any of forum users have fitted after market TPMS into their cars ?, if yest what is their feedback

thanks in advance.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:15   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

It' definitely available! In a lot of places.

Cost is around 9k per set for 4 sensors.

fitment is very easy. You just remove the tyre from the wheel, fix the sensors to the bottom of the tubeless neck and then screw it in and fit the tyre again.

This is used only for tubeless tyres.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It' definitely available! In a lot of places.

Cost is around 9k per set for 4 sensors.

fitment is very easy. You just remove the tyre from the wheel, fix the sensors to the bottom of the tubeless neck and then screw it in and fit the tyre again.

This is used only for tubeless tyres.
Thanks Nikhil, Can you share some details about the shop from where i can buy this after market product. Have you used this before ?
I wanted to know what sort of indicators exists on the dashboard.

Most Viewed