Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 20th May 2019, 11:44   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

After 40k kms with Yoko Earth 1s (EO), I got a set of 4 MRF ZLXs for my WagonR. It was in the same upsize - 165/65 R14. I have covered about 5k kms since then and hence, I am sharing my feedback:
  • EO was a lot noisier than the ZLX.
  • EO was harder than ZLX. It took bad roads in its stride. I just had 1 puncture in the whole 40k kms period of use, that too towards the end of its life. ZLX has not given any reason to complain so far even though I have driven on equally roads with them
  • Since EO was hard, the ride quality was also harsher with them. With ZLX, the ride is very significantly soft. I can maintain higher speeds on bad stretches of road. However, need to see if ZLX remains soft even after aging.
  • From what I felt, EO provided better grip and due to hard sidewall, gave lesser body roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Hello Folks, back with a query again. Attached are the images of my Wagon R's tyres, 26k km's done. Can any expert suggest, by looking at the images on how much of life can be expected from them?
Hey Jitin, did you retain the tyres? How long did they last?
In the first image, I believe those are the rear tyres. I feel the outer edge of the tyres are tiny bit more worn out (seems so from the image). Can you confirm if I am wrong here?
ashis89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 18:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hey Jitin, did you retain the tyres? How long did they last?
In the first image, I believe those are the rear tyres. I feel the outer edge of the tyres are tiny bit more worn out (seems so from the image). Can you confirm if I am wrong here?

Yes, they are fine with current odo at 35k km's. But it seems that are wearing out a little quicker post 30k km's.
Old 24th January 2020, 11:58   #93
BHPian

Hi Friends. Need your suggestions. Am getting new WagonR Zxi AMT 2020 model shortly. Would like to change to alloys. My queries are:

1. Can I upsize to R15 ?

2. Can I ask my dealer to fit alloys? If yes then do they give any consideration for the steel rims and stock tyres?

3. What tyres do you recommend for mostly City commute of about 100 kms a month.

Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 18:04   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Junge View Post
Hi Friends. Need your suggestions. Am getting new WagonR Zxi AMT 2020 model shortly. Would like to change to alloys. My queries are:

1. Can I upsize to R15 ?

2. Can I ask my dealer to fit alloys? If yes then do they give any consideration for the steel rims and stock tyres?

3. What tyres do you recommend for mostly City commute of about 100 kms a month.

Thanks
The monthly commute should read as 1000 kms and not 100. Sorry for the typo error.
Old 7th April 2020, 12:13   #95
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
I have a 2015 WagonR Vxi which has currently done 8500kms. No one drives it around except for me. And as for me I usually live away from my home because of my studies. Now I've found few cracks on the tyres and that is why I'm concerned. The car is primarily used for highway runs(65% highway) and thus tyres do play a important role.
Also this year during our annual servicing at MASS I got the wheels rotated. The rear tyres which came to front were much more damaged that the front ones which went to the back. The stock tyres are Apollo Amazer 3G and I'm pretty happy with these. They do take abuse whenever we visit our village. So I want your recommendation on should I replace the tyres or keep them? Also if replacement is needed then which tyres should I go for? I was planning to go ahead with Continental CC5 as they were selling for Rs 3000 on Tyremarket.com but I do think that they won't have a shelf life as good as Indian manufacturers. Shelf life is the key factor here since the car isn't being used much.
Thank you.
Old 17th August 2020, 23:15   #96
BHPian

Hi guys, we have a 2012 Wagon R LXI CNG with 145/80 R13 tyres. We use this as a beater car in the city most (90%) of the times, and occasional highway drives. The stock tyres are JK Ultimas, we bought the car pre owned from True value when the odo was around 21K kms in 2016, Maruti true value guys changed the tyres to brand new OEM JK Ultima NXT tubeless tyres, we did 25k KMS on them, even though we have enough thread on the tyre, the tyres wore out unevenly. I did not notice it until I got the lower arms on both sides changed, after changing the steering output felt litter harder. When I asked the SA, he told it is the uneven tyre wear which is causing it. Can that be a factor for the steering to be little hard?

Also since it has been already 4 years, even though the grip is good, but tyres are little asymmetrical (worn out unevenly, multiple punctures, small cracks due to age), I thought it is a good time to change the tires.

I'd also like to know the ideal upsize of tyre without causing any speedo error, providing good ride quality and grip at high speeds on a 13'inch rim. I'm planning to go for either Bridgestone or Yokohoma Earth 1. Please suggest the correct upsize for LXI version, also the tyre brand.
WhiteSierra is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed