Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 10:58   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
I think you are confused here, the size I'm mentioning is 165/65 costing 3650 a piece and the one you got is 155/65 if I'm not mistaken. I checked out the cost on many sites online and the cost is similar. I even checked out the official michelin site and found only two authorized dealers here in Shillong and have inquired at both places. Both these dealers are coating 3650 so I believe that is the right price.
My apologies. Then the price seems to be fair. Does that also include wa, wb and nitrogen?
Also for tubeless the valve is very important. I was told that the dealers save by putting cheap Chinese valve. I can't recall the name, but there is this Italian valve maker who valves are one of the best in the market
Old 13th July 2013, 21:31   #47
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
My apologies. Then the price seems to be fair. Does that also include wa, wb and nitrogen?
Also for tubeless the valve is very important. I was told that the dealers save by putting cheap Chinese valve. I can't recall the name, but there is this Italian valve maker who valves are one of the best in the market
Pardon me, do you mean wheel alignment and balancing?
and about the valve I'll try and find out whenever I have time.
Old 14th August 2013, 12:16   #48
BHPian

Hello All,

What would be the size of these alloys seen on the Advertisements of Wagon R? If i have not mistaken i see the Suzuki logo on the alloys. Has anyone inquired for the same with the Maruti dealer(s)
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2013marutisuzukiwagonrpicturesexternalshot1412013m1_560x420.jpg

Thanks,
Rishi
Old 21st August 2013, 14:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Hello All,

What would be the size of these alloys seen on the Advertisements of Wagon R? If i have not mistaken i see the Suzuki logo on the alloys. Has anyone inquired for the same with the Maruti dealer(s)

Thanks,
Rishi
Don't go by what you see in ads.. they can even fit BMW alloys to make it look better!! I think 13" is what is the standard alloys for the Wagon-R. I have been told that with the 14"s the rear tyre tends to hit the inner wheel arcs at the rear when the car is fully loaded.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 15:42   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Rishi
That looks like the SX4 ZDI's OE alloys to me.
Those are 16 inchers (shod with 205/60 R16 on the SX4)

But something tells me the image in the ad is photo-shopped with those wheels. They look smaller than 16 "ers on the ad
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1.jpg  

Last edited by Auto freak : 21st August 2013 at 15:45.
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 16:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Don't go by what you see in ads.. they can even fit BMW alloys to make it look better!! I think 13" is what is the standard alloys for the Wagon-R. I have been told that with the 14"s the rear tyre tends to hit the inner wheel arcs at the rear when the car is fully loaded.
For the old Wagon R or the New one?

I am contemplating on upgrading to the 2013 Face lift Wagon R.Wanted to know the possible Tyre/Alloys size which can replace the stock 155/65/R14 on the VXi variant.

-Rishi
Old 21st August 2013, 16:10   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
But something tells me the image in the ad is photo-shopped with those wheels. They look smaller than 16 "ers on the ad
Yes. They appear similar to the ones on the SX4. MSIL have been using these alloys on the advertisements from the day they launched the Wagon R with K10.

Name:  NewWagonR2010BlueEyedBoy.png
Views: 14765
Size:  344.1 KB
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 15:55   #53

Quote:
For the old Wagon R or the New one?

I am contemplating on upgrading to the 2013 Face lift Wagon R.Wanted to know the possible Tyre/Alloys size which can replace the stock 155/65/R14 on the VXi variant.

-Rishi
Rishi - I would be quite interested to know if you got any answers. In fact, I am looking at replacing my Wagon R tyres which have the same configuration. I presently have a 2011 Vxi model. I previously owned a 2005 Wagon R with a R13 config and had upsized it with a Michelin before I sold it. I was very happy with the performance and was quite keen on changing the tyres of may present car to Michelin. I did some research and found that Michelin does not appear to have a suitable variant in R14 for the Wagon R. I did not find many threads dealing with this issue, even though there is plenty on the previous R13 variant tyres for the wagon R.
Old 4th September 2013, 19:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
Rishi - I would be quite interested to know if you got any answers. In fact, I am looking at replacing my Wagon R tyres which have the same configuration. I presently have a 2011 Vxi model.
Hope this helps:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...wagon-r-2.html

See the last post.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 15:04   #55

Thanks for your response and the link. The post seems to indicate Good Year being a good alternate. Given my previous experience with Michelin tyres, I was hoping for some option (that I may have overlooked) in the same brand. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be one.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:07   #56

Thanks for your response and the link. The post seems to indicate Good Year as a viable alternate. Given my previous experience with Michelin, I was hoping for an option in the same brand (possibly one that I may have overlooked). Thanks anyways and yes the link was helpful.
Sojourner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 01:29   #57
BHPian

Finally! finally I've bought new tyres for my Waggy.
Tyre Spec: Yokohama A539 175/60 r13.
Price: 3.6k a piece.
Initial impressions: The car feels much more grippy for obvious reasons, braking has improved a tad bit, noise has reduced significantly but the most surprising change felt was that body roll is reduced by a huge margin.
P.S I love the look of the tyres on my car!
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_5942.jpg
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_5943.jpg
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20131224_112507.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_5949.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_5948.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20131224_112122.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20131224_114505.jpg  

Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 09:49   #58
BHPian

Hi,

Its 55K on stock and seems right time to upgrade my WagonR tyres. Based on all the discussions on team-bhp I convinced that Michelin - Energy XM2 is the tyres to go for. Pls. note I'll using stock rims and no alloys, if needed I may buy new rims.

Reason for this post is to find out right size for the tyres. I'm currently running on 145/70,R13 and car model is LXi 2008. Below are the options I found from number of posts

Options : size : Wheel width(mm) : Delta to stock(mm)
Stock : 145/70, R13 : 101.5
Option1 : 155/65, R13 : 100.7 : -0.75
Option2 : 155/70, R13 : 108.5 : 7

As you see between option 1 and 2, we get good 7mm additional GC compared to stock in option2. The Qs now I have is, will this additional tyre width result in any friction between wheel and wheel wall? Is 155/70, R13 comes without any other issue in Lxi? Appreciate any comments on this.

Also, I'm from Bangalore and appreciate if you can point to any good dealer who can provide sweet deal. I believe I need WA, WB and nitrogen and that should be part of the deal. On some post I read valve is also something we need to look for, is this something require to clarify with dealer (Like make or anything else)?

Regards
SE
Old 12th January 2015, 17:04   #59
BHPian

Guys,

Thank you all for your support, I finally changes tyres for my WagonR.
From multiple discussions on thread, I was sure I'm upgrading my tyres to michelin energy XM2. But was not sure about size and confused between 155/65R13 and 155/70R13. Right tyre size is though 155/65, I was inclined towards 155/70 which improves GC by ~7mm. Also there are few threads exist on TBHP where multiple ppl upgraded to 155/70. So decision is final, I'm going with 155.70R13, Michelin energy XM2.

Stock: 145/70 R13 Apollo amazer
Upgrade to : Michelin energy XM2 155/70 R13.
Rim : Stock steel rims

Next thing is to search for the dealer, I called various dealers including sai iyenger tyres, indranagar which is close to office. Person on the other side told he has the same tyre and ask me to come down. Guess what, he was not having the tyres and instead he is the dealer for Yokos and not Michelin. What a waste of time in office hours, so its time to tell them goodbye.

Later I called tyre empire and they acknowledged they have tyres, but then they are not offering free WA & WB as they have costly machines. They suggested me to visit Sri venkateshwara tyre BTM layout where they can give free WA & WB with same cost for tyres.

Finally bought the tyres from Sri venkateshwara tyre, BTM LO. This is close to Jayadeva flyover.

Cost per tyre : 3500/- including valve, WA and WB.

Dealer experience :
Sri venkateshwara tyre is an authorized dealer in Bridgestone and not for Michelin. There is some makeshift arrangement between tyre empire, HSR who is michelin dealer. Sri venkateshwara do not keep any michelin and based on your request he can source it from tyre empire. So there is a wait of around 1.5hr for tyres to arrive. Add another 30 min for the rest of the thing, so keep around 2hrs kind of time if you are changing tyre at this place. Since things got delayed, dealer offered me a free HP headphone, so I'm happy now BTW bridgestone is running some offer like you can buy 4 tyres and get a headphone free. Same headphone he gave me for Michelin.

Tip : Be clear about your manufacturing date in advance and convey it. Dealer may try to give you old tyres. First he offered me Feb'14 tyres but I refused. Later I got "3614" which was within 6 months as I wanted.

WA and WB :
My car with old tyres was having alignment issues. Turning was not smooth and say if you are taking left turn, you need to rotate steering to right little bit after turn. Also at speed of around 60-70kmph We feel kind of pull on one side and we have to keep correcting it, and it was painful. Steering was also not aligned and was tilted.

So with WA, I thought I'll get rid of these issues, but I was wrong. Dealer in general will do very sanity checks unless you supervise it yourself. I called the dealer and went again later for second visit.

In second visit, I had seen them doing prompt job. They fixed all alignment issues promptly and it took mechanic almost like 30 mins. This includes two test drives and fix after each. I see now turning and straight line performance really improved. No more left-right while turning and this is a big relief. I tried running at high speed on elevated flyover and car is in perfect health. A big relief . Tilted steering issue is also fixed.

Bottom line : Please supervise if you have WA issues to avoid multiple visits. Dealer is in general polite and very co-operative.

Few pics

Thread on old tyre
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20141223_174448.jpg

Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20141223_190851.jpg

"3614" checked on each tyre
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20141223_191031.jpg

Michelin energy XM2 155/70 R13
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20141223_191237.jpg

Regards
SE
speed_edge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 15:04   #60
BHPian

I have been using these Michelin Energy XM2 tyres with the Plati Alloys (as shown in the image) since quite some time now and the handling and braking has improved considerably compared to the stock JK Tyres which came with the vehicle! i am completely satisfied with the performance and high speed cornering capability of these tyres BTW i continued with the tyre size of my stock tyres which was 155/65 R13 fortunately it was available with the same dimensions in Michelin and guess what even the fuel economy/ mileage has improved by 1-2 kmpl. i am really very happy with that.
City Mileage: 16-17 kmpl
Highway: 20-22 kmpl
(All above figures without using A/C)
With A/C turned on, it is 1km less, which is not a big difference!
Finally i would like to say that if any one is confused over Michelin and other brands pls close your eyes and go for Michelin! You will be completely satisfied.

Regards,
Dr. Rakshith GT
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150503_144732.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20150503_144821.jpg  

Rakshith220 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks