Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 09:53   #151
BHPian

Re: Tyre losing air pressure & fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Is it the same rim? or is it the same position with different rim?
Thanks for your inputs.
Quick update on my side - It seemed to be a case of faulty valve. Got it changed, drove for >100 kms and pressure is holding up well
Old 1st October 2020, 22:25   #152
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Noticed a medium sized nail that is deeply screwed into one of my front tyres, noticed it while checking air pressure before i head off to my native tomorrow morning. I didn't try to pull it off since there was no change in tyre pressure, guess the nail has gotton all the way inside the tyre blocking the puncture.

Problem is my spare tyre is equally bad and cannot be used for the highway. Plan was to leave early morning but now two minds if i should get the tyre fixed or take a chance and go ahead if there is no loss in tyre pressure.

Tyre make - Good year Assurance Triplemax
Size - 205/65 R16
ODO - 35k

Appreciate any quick thoughts guys!
Old 2nd October 2020, 11:41   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Noticed a medium sized nail that is deeply screwed into one of my front tyres, noticed it while checking air pressure before i head off to my native tomorrow morning. I didn't try to pull it off since there was no change in tyre pressure, guess the nail has gotton all the way inside the tyre blocking the puncture.

Problem is my spare tyre is equally bad and cannot be used for the highway. Plan was to leave early morning but now two minds if i should get the tyre fixed or take a chance and go ahead if there is no loss in tyre pressure.

Tyre make - Good year Assurance Triplemax
Size - 205/65 R16
ODO - 35k

Appreciate any quick thoughts guys!
Get the tyre repaired ASAP. The nail may be benign at present, but after running a few hours on highway the tyre will become hot and the nail may work loose, or worse damage the tyre more.

As far as a spare tyre goes, it is best to get a new one. There are a lot of inexpensive ones in the market (I got a Russian tyre last year for 60% of the next inexpensive tyre). Use he new tyre in front and keep the punctured tyre as a spare.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks