Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2023, 21:01   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have to report I've been extremely disappointed with my Continental CC5. <snip>
I had dropped a mail to their customer care email id, and did not even recieve a response email. Does anyone have any contacts that may help?
Old 12th December 2023, 18:05   #827
BHPian

I had an excellent experience purchasing "Continental UC6 205 55 R16" tyres for my Octavia, at "SRI BANASHANKARI TYRE SHOP, 65/1A, Sarjapur - Marathahalli Rd, Kaikondrahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560035". The owner Mr.Manoj is a person with great integrity. During the initial purchase in 2022 he provided a good reasonable discount for the 4 tyres including purchase of my old tyres. After 1+ year usage, one of the tyres sidewall had a micro hole which as per my observation was not due to external damage. I approached Mr.Manoj for replacement under warranty. Mr.Manoj was extremely understanding and helpful during the warranty claim process, in spite of me losing the original bill. Continental after analysis came back that it wasn't a manufacturing defect. But due to the dealer recommendation from Mr.Manoj, Continental replaced with a new tyre as a goodwill gesture, at a very reasonable prorated price. In between since I had a long drive planned, Mr.Manoj also gave me a new tyre while the warranty process was still underway and not completed.
I highly recommend "SRI BANASHANKARI TYRE SHOP" for any of your Conti, Michelin, Yokohama etc tyre needs, wheel alignment, TPM etc. You can be assured of superior Customer service!
https://goo.gl/maps/hFguJhneAfGFPVvMA
Santosh.Kat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 20:04   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I had dropped a mail to their customer care email id, and did not even recieve a response email. Does anyone have any contacts that may help?
Update: I reached out to the dealer I bought the CC6 from, and while he initially was recommending the UC6 for my etios, when confronted with the issues with my CC6, he said Continental warranty terms are very strict and their customer support teams are not very flexible, and there is not much he could do to help, and advised me to go with yokohama or goodyear if I was looking for something with more wet grip/Better warranty terms. Guess that rules out continental for me totally.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:47   #829
BHPian

Vehicle: Verna 1.6D
Model: 2019
Kms on the odo: 36442 kms
Stock: 195/55/R16

Visited Lal & Sons tyres at Whilte Road, Royapettah for the tyre change since the stock tyres Hankook tyres started showing cracks. I have been a silent reader for this thread and thanks to many members here for providing their feedback after replacing their tyres.

I was told Bridgestone, Yokohoma BlueEarth GT and Continental UC6 are preferred by many visiting their shop. I had no idea about Bridgestone tyres as which one was he referring so jumped my queries on Michelin, Yokohoma and Continental.
He said Michelin Primacy 4ST is not available in the stock size but for 17" profile.

Yokohoma BlueEarth GT and Conti UC6 were brought out for me to have a look. He was pushing for Yokohoma as he said there is unconditional warranty upto 3 years and the service after sales/claims are good.

He said Continental is also good but they are not good as Yokohoma when it comes to honoring warranty terms /claims processing.

He was filling me some old customer's experience with Yokohoma and giving me positives and suggested me to pick Yokohoma.

While I was taking a look at the tyres, found that the store person had brought up 205/55/R16 Yokohoma instead of my desired size.

I pointed out the size to him and requested to bring the stock size, he was convincing me to go next size for better road grip and more planted drive on the highways. Yokohoma had 2623 as manufacturing date stamped and suspected that he is trying to sell these tyres since he has no stock of 195/55/R16.

So I decided to move forward with UC6 which had the mfg stamp of 5323.
I was surprised and asked him how come 2023 has 53 weeks. He give a nice BS that they may have ran a special batch and called it as 53. Even though it was not convincing, visually tyre looked genuine with my limited knowledge. I was caught between purchase and picking up kids from school so moved forward to purchase a set for my car.

He took the old tyres for 100 each and gave me cash. After fitting the tires he did a wheel alignment and was done in about 15 mins.

Price
UC6- 7950/-
Yokohoma BlueEarch GT - 8000/-

After making the payment registered my mobile number for warranty. He said Conti gives a free wheel alignment for the purchase so requested to bring the car after 3 months or 5000 kms which ever is earlier.

I'm little concerned over the 5323 stamp on the tires. Have a taken a hasty decision?
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-pxl_20240131_062142997.jpg  

SriramEfunds is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 20:45   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
Vehicle: Verna 1.6D
I'm little concerned over the 5323 stamp on the tires. Have a taken a hasty decision?
My 2 Cents to ease your worries :-

1.Get the warranty registered first with Continental.
2.Keep the bill handy and dont let that go at any cost.
3.Take clear pictures of all 4 tires as a proof for later date.
4.Send an email to Continental with the pictures of the tires and ask them about the 5323 thing. Don't attach the bill of purchase yet.

Ideally if the purchase is from a Authorized center the tires are genuine and if they are not then Continental will respond back asking for a proof of purchase.
That's where the dealer will get the heat for selling fake tires.
I know I am taking it too far but then in any case you will not be at loss.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 22:03   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
You don’t have to worry about the “53”, this is what continental website says
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-img_6800.jpeg  

NomadSK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 18:42   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
You don’t have to worry about the “53”, this is what continental website says
Thanks for the information and that was reassuring.

I'm seeing an immediate difference in the smooth ride post tire change but will post my experience after my highway run planned next month.
SriramEfunds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 22:43   #833
BHPian

Has Continental stopped manufacturing UC6 in 175/65/14 or is it just out of stock across Bangalore?Although CC6 are available in that size.Can anyone explain the major differences between CC6 and UC6?
Old 25th February 2024, 12:33   #834
BHPian

I am going to get all 4 tyres changed today evening. Dealer had told me Michelin will be available in a few days but as one of my tyres has given way and one can go bad on any day so I have to get these changed today for sure. I asked him about Conti UC6 but he said Yokohama is better than Conti.

I don't know which one I will buy at the last minute Yokohama BlueEarth AE 51 or Conti UC6 but if someone can post which one offers better waranty it would help too.

I don't know if in real world scenario it would make much of a difference between Yoko BlueEarth and Conti UC6 on a day to day basis but if something goes wrong I would like to go with one giving better warranty.

Most Viewed