Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2024, 17:03   #841

Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Hey Speedracer47,

I forgot to update the thread. It was the issue with the bed-in of the new tyres and also bad alignment. After about 1K Kms the tyres were stable.
It has been ~24K Kms and they are going good as of now.

Did you get them rotated and balanced periodically ? If not it might be a good idea to do it. Also these tyres are very sensitive to air pressure. Slight under/over inflation makes them go off in the handling.
Hey Ankit, thanks for the quick reply.

In my case these tyres were better in terms of grip in the initial couple of thousand kms after installing them. It was only recently after running around 5k kms on them that I have been noticing these issues. Coming to tyre pressure, I do keep it maintained at 32psi with my own Michelin foot pump so that’s not an issue either.

I’m suspecting something might be wrong with the alignment and balancing like you have suggested. It was exactly 6200 kms ago that I got it aligned during the installation of new tyres. Will go get that done and update the results.
Speedracer47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 19:21   #842
BHPian

I switched from Apollo Apterra HP (OEM tyres) to Continental Cross contact HT on my Nissan Kicks Diesel yesterday. Odo is at 457xx kms.

When the tyre shop guy recommended me Continental Cross contact HT to me I was under the impression that I was being duped and the tyres were fake! Continental India website doesn't mention these tyres. Then saw a thread on Team bhp and news articles on few websites regarding launch of these tyres. Continental Cross contact HT are replacement of ContiCrossContact LX2.

Other alternative was Bridgestone Dueler Sport. I wanted to go for Bridgestone Turanza but they were not available in my car's stock size. Have really good experience with Turanzas on my Nexon.

My old tyres had gone hard and become very noisy. So I was expecting improvement with any set of new tyres. But I was surprised to see how much the steering feel improved. Earlier I used to feel the road surface through my steering, now the steering wheel feels smoother and lighter. Could feel improvement in braking as well in traffic. Hopefully these tyres will serve me well.
Old 5th June 2024, 11:53   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Subbaramu, my response above should answer your question. I got mine changed at Shiva Sai Enterprises near Hoodi for 50K total all inclusive. But alignment job was shoddy and I had to get it done again somewhere else.
I got a good deal on Continental CrossContact H/T. Paid 50k including balancing, valves and fitment. Went to Tyre Professionals for alignment.

Did a 6000 km roadtrip just 2 days after that, the tyres are really good with less/no road noise coming in to the cabin, whereas the stock apollo tyres were very noisy. Overall, steering response and braking were really good. I guess the new CrossContact H/T tyres are not yet available online.

Also, the tyres were just 4 weeks old by first week of April, don't remember the exact week.
subbaramu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 23:17   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
Thanks for the information and that was reassuring.

I'm seeing an immediate difference in the smooth ride post tire change but will post my experience after my highway run planned next month.
Sharing an update.

Done 3.6k kms after tyre change and I'm happy with the purchase. There was one incident last month while returning from office late night. Heard an unusual slap from rear wheel. Few times stopped on the way couldnt find. There was no noticeable change in the tyre pressure. Stopped few yards from the stop and found nearly 1 inch flat like dagger have pierced the tyre on the inner side almost on the wall.

Since home wasnt too far slowly drove till I reached home and the air holded good till then. Next day morning, found deflated.

Called up the tyre dealer from where I bought, he requested to swap with spare wheel and bring it to shop. He registered the case with Continental company and wrote a slip to me.

Then he said would call when the company inspection is completed and tyre received for replacement.

Instead of few days, took nearly a week for them to replace the tyre.

Not sure if I should blame the dealer or company.

The following week had to run to Coimbatore and enjoyed the grip and experienced better braking.
SriramEfunds is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks