Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2023, 11:19   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Hello. In 195/55R16, with comfort and low noise (along with robust construction) being your priority, look no further than Conti UC6s. I’ve recommended them to a fair few of my friends on the same size - on a Baleno and a Ciaz - amd both of them have had a trouble free 8~10k km so far.

Another option is the Vredestein Ultrac which also comes with unconditional warranty.
Finally went with MRF Perfinzas. Was sourcing quotes from online (tyrewalle and tyresnmore) and nearby offline stores. I was quoted 8,000+ for both the Continentals and the Yoko Earth. MRF exclusive dealer sold them to me for 7,600 a pop including exchange, fitting, alignment and balancing, 1523 manufacturing so pretty happy with the deal.

Right off I noticed the increase in grip and braking and reduced tire noise, as expected coming off 4 year old stocks. It is too early to comment on the steering feel but I'm hoping rear seat comfort, which has been a sore point in the past, improves.

Planning to invest in the Bergmann inflator but confused between the one with the digital panel (which may fail after warranty period) or the analog.
Mlanuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 16:06   #422
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Bro got the primacy 4 205/55/16 - 9k a tyre
Brigestone oem buy back was 5 k a tyre
Paid a diff amount of 16k for 4 tyres

The perfect upsize i feel the car does not look under tyred or over tyred just the right balance for the new city . The drive is sublime, excellent grip handling and most silent tyres ever ����
Did not want to change alloys as i liked the oem setup hence just changed the tyres
Great upgrade bro, can you please share some pictures with car fully turned towards any side, just wanted to see if the tyre will touch inner fender when fully turning the steering.

I went to the market for upsizing and have been getting mixed opinions, however, noone is showing a demo with 205/55/16.
Old 5th June 2023, 19:10   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJO View Post
Great upgrade bro, can you please share some pictures with car fully turned towards any side, just wanted to see if the tyre will touch inner fender when fully turning the steering.

I went to the market for upsizing and have been getting mixed opinions, however, noone is showing a demo with 205/55/16.
Do not have a picture currently, however have gone through 1 set of michelins and now changed to pirrelis in the same size and till date in the last 3 years have not faced any issues on lock to lock cut. Hope that helps, also cars odo currently is at 58k kms
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 16:50   #424
LJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Do not have a picture currently, however have gone through 1 set of michelins and now changed to pirrelis in the same size and till date in the last 3 years have not faced any issues on lock to lock cut. Hope that helps, also cars odo currently is at 58k kms
Thank you so much costing for pirrelis please!
Is there any issue with TPMS?
Old 24th August 2023, 19:32   #425
BHPian

Hi Team,

How about fixing 19565R15 tires for Honda city 5th Gen? Has anyone tried with this size ? My friend is planning for upgrade , before that if any one can share first hand experience it would be great. Few queries for experts -
1. Is it too big a size?
2. Would it not increase the GC?
3. Is it going to cause ODO issue due to size upgrade?
4. Is the bigger size going to touch fender?

Trying to be sure before going ahead, please suggest.
Old 25th August 2023, 07:52   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiS View Post
Hi Team,

How about fixing 19565R15 tires for Honda city 5th Gen? Has anyone tried with this size ? My friend is planning for upgrade , before that if any one can share first hand experience it would be great. Few queries for experts -
1. Is it too big a size?
2. Would it not increase the GC?
3. Is it going to cause ODO issue due to size upgrade?
4. Is the bigger size going to touch fender?

Trying to be sure before going ahead, please suggest.
Can you please check the size again, for my City5g upgraded to 195/60/R15. Since it is R15 i assume it is V Variant, which would have come with 185/60/R15.

You can go for 205/55/R15, they are difficult to source, plus the steering becomes tighter so turning would put strain in arms.

I went for Continental UC6, as I heard Yokohoma Blue Earth make more noise.

GC increased by 1CM.

One Tyre Expert in this Forum suggested not go for odd sizes as finding replacement for them would become difficult.
Old 5th September 2023, 21:58   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiS View Post
Hi Team,

How about fixing 19565R15 tires for Honda city 5th Gen? Has anyone tried with this size ?
I am using this size on my 2010 city without any issue.

1. Is it too big a size? Side profile will increase and better grip as well.
2. Would it not increase the GC? GC will increase.
3. Is it going to cause ODO issue due to size upgrade? Yes.
4. Is the bigger size going to touch fender? Not sure on your city.

If you prefer more comfortable ride, then this size 195/65r15 is good.

Please see my post honda-city-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread (Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
Old 16th October 2023, 10:40   #428
BHPian

My Honda City Hybrid ZX would be getting delivered tomorrow. Looking to upgrade the stock tyre size of 185/55/16 with the purpose of upsizing for an increased ground clearance and look without compromising much on ride and handling.

What would be ideal tyre size?

Brands that should be preferred.

Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 12:53   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
My Honda City Hybrid ZX would be getting delivered tomorrow. Looking to upgrade the stock tyre size of 185/55/16 with the purpose of upsizing for an increased ground clearance and look without compromising much on ride and handling.

What would be ideal tyre size?

Brands that should be preferred.

Thanks
The upsize should be within 2% tolerance of the OEM size. If you do 195/55/16 the deviation comes to 1.79% and with increased ground clearance of 5.5mm. This I believe should be the choice. Any more width and lower profile will impact both steering hardness and stiff ride.

Here is the link to calc. deviations
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....ize&Itemid=463
Old 23rd October 2023, 08:53   #430

Vredestein Ultrac tyres for Honda City 4th Gen

Hello BHPians,

I did post my query on tyre buying suggestions between MRF Perfinza and vredestein ultrac for my City 4th gen. I did not get any leads. So I went ahead with a choice of mine to try and test the new Vredestein Ultrac.

My previous tyres were Michelin Primacy 4ST 195/60/15. The ones who got used to Michelin's like me would hesitate to look for an alternative. But unfortunately, I belong to the 15' inches team who cannot ask for a Michelin primacy in India currently today due to the import cut off !!

I got a set of Vredestein Ultrac- 195/60/15 in Coimbatore (Rs.6000 per tyre). I enquired in Madhus ,BLR but I could not make it there, since my old tyres were worn out completely. So is the new Vredestein the new primacy in disguise ?

First impressions:( with 33 psi set at the shop)

1. The sidewalls are very soft and this can be easily called a soft compound tyre without much examination ( should extra careful in bad roads)
2. I can surely say, these are as plush as my old primacy's.
3. Steering feels less lighter and crisp.
4. Triple digit speeds are more quieter and well planted
5. Corners are taken care easily as how my primacys did.

Tyre Specs if it helps:

Max Air pressure: 51 Psi
Max Load : . 560 Kg
Tread Wear : . 280
Traction : . AA
Temperature : A

I can elaborate more after my tyre run in period. Attaching few pics of my new Amsterdam shoes (made in India though).
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2241.jpg  

Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2243.jpg  

Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2233.jpg  

ezhil0707 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks