Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 02:28   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 40K for a Fortuner tyre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
Did anyone obtain an answer to Sahil's last question above over the years? I'm exploring whether any tire change from the Grand Trek's will give a more comfortable ride to a Fortuner-AT (making it more like a sedan on city roads. Please note, I am asking about increasing ride comfort on city roads, not while offroading).
Is the Fortuner yet coming with the Dunlops? If so then I suggest you retain them as they have been performing well on my car and for most others here too.

If you do make the switch I think Yoko Geolander H/T or Michelin LTX H/T would fit your needs.
Old 3rd July 2012, 06:47   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Considering Dunlop was the pioneer in tyres isnt it sad that dealers say that it is not as reputed as others?
Talk about ironies of fate!

Yes, I suppose it may be agreed that the Fortuner is in some sense, value for money for some people here, but it is well worth remembering that we in India pay a very considerable premium for this vehicle, in comparison to its price in any of the neighbouring countries even.
Old 8th October 2012, 16:27   #78
BHPian

Recently when my parents were returning from Chennai, On the highway some had displaced a divider stone to make it convenient for themselves to make a u-turn and left it at the middle of the road. Our fortuner went over this and as a result front left and rear left tyres suffered sidewall damage and was ripped open.

Could someone let me know what is the present cost of a 265/65/R17 Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 or someone has changed one tyre recently?.
The stepney now has replaced the front left and i need to replace the rear left.
I am presently running the rear left on a 16" tube. I think its not advisable to run this setup for a long time in case of compressive forces on the tyre.

40K for a Fortuner tyre!-img_20121003_121808.jpg
40K for a Fortuner tyre!-img_20121003_121817.jpg
Old 2nd August 2013, 07:47   #79
BHPian

Hi redrage , what tires did you change to ? My fortuner has done 60k kms and tires are yelling for a change the ride quality is also bumpy due to tire hardness . I am keen to change to Dunlop Grandtrek s again but tire shop s do not have them everybody is pushing the BS ! Has anybody been able to source Dunlops ? Or if switched to any other brands do write your opinion . Or else the last resort will be going to the TASS .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks