Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Have you had Issues with your Michelin tyres?
Yes (Bulges, premature tyre wear, frequent punctures etc) 50 17.12%
No. They're quite problem free 242 82.88%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Running on Michelin LTX AT2; 11.5k KMs till date and absolutely no issues.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:56   #77
BHPian

Pix

For anyone who doubted michelin's quality.

These tyre's ran 30K Km's on broken lower arms, absolutely no alignment and virtually no roads and still were managing to clock the distance without any punctures. On the safety aspect these tyres, although on the verge of a blowout, still did not suffer a failure.

Yet - performed brilliantly and the average puncture was around 4-5 in all 4 tyres in the overall running

Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote)-michelin-pp1s1.jpg

Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote)-michelin-pp1s2.jpg

Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote)-michelin-pp1s3.jpg

Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote)-michelin-pp1s4.jpg

Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote)-michelin-pp1s5.jpg

Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote)-michelin-pp1s6.jpg
Old 24th March 2010, 13:28   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

It pains me to see such lovely tyres being tortured like that!
Old 24th March 2010, 21:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Nikhilb2008,

What is your take on the Yokohama C drives are they quiet tires for highway running. What would be their equivalent from the Michelin/Continental range. I am looking at 195/60R15.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:36   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Khoj,

Let's take that discussion to another thread. Start a new thread or post a query in a car-specific or tyre specific thread.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

I have tried Good year and Bridgestone on my Cielo, currently running on Michelin XM1.
My rating on Comfort: Good year < Bridgestone < Michelin (Michelin wins by a huge margin)
My rating on steering stiffness: Good year > Bridgestone > Michelin
My rating on Tire noise: Good year > Bridgestone > Michelin
My rating on 'dry' Grip: Good year > Bridgestone > Michelin
I haven't experimented much on 'wet' grip.
Issues so far:
Goodyear: Tire bulging on one Tire
Bridgestone: Tire burst while trying to park - One Tire accidentally climbed over a protruding iron rod about 2 cm in diameter and 2 inches high (the type of iron rod that protrudes out from concrete pillars). Not very sure whether the Bridgestone or Michelin would have survived the same impact.
Michelin - One 'iron nail' puncture in 5,000 km.
Old 21st September 2010, 00:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

Here are the details of the tires compared in the above post:
Good year Eagle NCT3 - 185/65r13 - 84H
Bridgestone S322 - 175/70r13 - 82S
Michellin XM1 - 185/70r13 - 86H
Old 26th September 2010, 06:15   #83
BHPian

I have been using Michelin tyres for quite some time and never had any issues. I was even running tires with punctures (nails) for quite some time and I was not even aware of it. These tyres also have excellent grip on road and are very comfortable. These are silent tyres as well. My previous bridgestone was also silent and comfortable, and I did not have any problem with Bridgestone either,
Old 17th October 2010, 13:57   #84
Senior - BHPian

I shifted from the OEM tubed Bridgestones S322s on my Indica to Michelin Energy XM1+ tubeless last December at 62K kms. (Also replaced the OEM steel rims with multispoke alloys). In the last 10 months have covered close to 19K kms on XM1+ & they have been worth the replacement. Road grip is amazing, both dry & wet. Road noise is on the lower side compared to the Bridgestones. Have suffered just one puncture till date (touchwood). Michelins have softer compound & was a bit sceptical @ tread wear, however even after 19K the tyres look as good as new (have been regularly washing & polishing the tyres). Also must make a mention here that normally I inflate the tyres 2-3 psi above the recommended pressure. Alignment done only once after running 18K kms & no balancing except for the one done while fitting new. The earlier XM1s had a poor tread wear rating & also they were prone to premature failures. However the XM1+s are far better than the earlier version.

I have voted "No" in the poll.
Old 17th October 2010, 18:54   #85
BHPian

Upgraded to 185/65R14 from stock bridgestones. Ride has been great, not sure if some alignment problems caused suspension issues or it was because of our great roads, some suspension work. Tires are fine for a year, a couple of punctures due to nails, etc.. because of bad roads and construction in my area.

BTW these are XM1+ energy.
Old 24th December 2010, 00:51   #86
BHPian

Re: Michelin Tyre Woes: Fact or Fiction? (Michelin users please vote)

I've had Michelin's on several of my cars. So far, I've found the older MXV8s to be quite problematic in the 195/60 R 15 size. Multiple sidewall punctures on several tires that leave the owner with no choice other than buy a tube and take a time warp back to the tube tyre age.

Michelin aftersales is prompt to blame you for their tyre's shortcomings. I have not been able to get a single penny out of them for the repairs/ replacement of tyres that are obviously not capable of handling Indian conditions.

I hope the Primacy LCs fare better!
Old 24th December 2010, 08:53   #87
BHPian

I have changed the stock Bridgestone (175/65/R14) to Michelin XM1+ Energy (185/65/R14) exactly at 40k kms. The stock tyre was too noisy and breaking was horrible. All improved now with Michelin. May be I am eligible to vote once I clock past 15k kms. At present @1000km, I am a happy customer.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 25th December 2010, 14:30   #88
BHPian

I have driven nearly 11,000 km on the Michelin tyres that came as OEM with my Honda Jazz. I have had no issues with these tyres and they still look like new.

I have no benchmark with which to compare. However, I do find that the ride is confortable, and road noise is low till the speed goes beyond 80 kmph. I have not had any issues with the grip.

However, these are subjective impressions with no comparison to other tyres on the same car.
Old 25th December 2010, 14:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

I am new to Michelins, I fitted 155x70x12 on my Alto two months back and so far good.

But a very bad experience at a MASS in Kochi bypass with front wheel bearing replacement and the bad left wheel fitment with large camper where upon I had to realign again spoiled my 10 days in this two months period.
Old 25th December 2010, 14:57   #90
Senior - BHPian

I have Michelin XM1+ on my Esteem and Michelin Primacy LC on my Civic. The ride in both cars are of superior quality and these tyres are remarkable on the highways with little tyre noise. The ride quality in my Esteem has significantly improved from what it was when I had Good Year GPS2 tyres. Not able to appreciate the same difference in the Civic as I changed over to the PLCs the next day I bought the car.

I was initially apprehensive of taking the cars on rough patches due to the soft rubber quality of Michelin but after almost a year now, I can say with confidence that the tyres have done really well on bad roads.

Overall, its been a positive experience thus far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks