Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 16:49   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Very informative thread especially as I am planning to upsize my Lancer from stock 13" to 15" alloys ? Anyone know the stock offset of 13" Lancer GLXi rims and the hub diameter ?

Regards,
The offset is 38 , i am not sure about the hub diameter.
Old 11th August 2008, 19:57   #137
Senior - BHPian

I too having the same problem . I fitted Yongle Alloys 14" 6J multi PCD and it vibrates at 100-120kmph. I think the hub rings may solve the problem . I will visit the tire dealer for this.
Old 19th September 2008, 14:02   #138
BHPian

hey guys,

I'm facing high speed vibrations. Tried all but still no respite.

Initially I got some chinese alloys along with PPs 195/60-14. All balancing and stuff didn't solve the problem so went for the custom made hub rings and everything was fine.

After 9 K kms, I decided to rotate the wheels. Just on the day when I was going for the thing, my front rim bent just at a speed of 60. I was damn shocked as to how can alloy bend at so slow speed. Anyways, got the alloy repaired and due to rotation it went to the back.

Now again there were issues of vibrations. So after getting everything checked for a whole day, thought that it was due to the bent rim. Hence changed the alloys. Now I didn't want to get local stuff so went for HR alloys. They were balanced and put.

Still vibrations exist. HR guy is saying that it is due to the tires. I told him about the hub rings. He said that hub rings are not required as they have put it without any issues in many vehicles including those with small hubs.

My Vibration problem is peculiar. The vibration start at 110-120 and consistently increase and become violent at 150-160. It doesn't go away unlike what others have mentioned.

What might be the problem. Please let me know asap.

Naman
Old 19th September 2008, 16:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

Get the wheel balancing checked from a reputed shop with veteran mechanics - not youngsters. Make sure they know that alloy wheels need a different kind of setting in the computer. If the balancing is perfect and yet the vibrations remain, go for a precise measurement of the hub and the wheel with precision slide calipers and then decide on hub rings.
My problem was solved with wheel balancing.
Old 21st September 2008, 09:10   #140
BHPian

Quite a few people a few posts down have expressed desire to go for hub-rings to solve the problem of vibrations. May I suggest to them to please post whether the problem is solved thus, and give all the details?
Old 22nd September 2008, 16:28   #141
BHPian

Aura alloys for corsa

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
Its been a while since I first started this thread hoping to help someone out there having a wheel vibration problem. Several months and a few years later, I am glad to see that it is still helping some of you out there.

Go for them alloys boys. There's a wheel out there for every size and taste. Keep up the *go* with the show.

sAP

{{ ADVANCE }}
Zap,

Are you still with Aura alloys on your Opel Corsa stock tyres. How is it doing? any issues? Iam plannig to go for alloys on my COrsa sedan stock tyres (175/75/R13) and after reading your posts , i feel i should go for Aura. What is your suggestion? Any other alloy brands in your opinion can be fitted with Corsa?

thanks in advance
Raj
Old 16th January 2009, 16:35   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Where will i find these hub centric rings in south mumbai? And cost?
Are these the same as the "O" rings?

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 16th January 2009 at 16:42.
Old 17th January 2009, 15:22   #143
aenobv1

Hello,

Could any of you let me know about any place in Bangalore where I can get these hub rings. Need them for my Baleno.

Cheers!

Old 19th January 2009, 12:30   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenobv1 View Post
Hello,

Could any of you let me know about any place in Bangalore where I can get these hub rings. Need them for my Baleno.

Cheers!
Try HOT TRACKS at residency road. He may have it, but be ready shell out the premium for buying over there.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:09   #145
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where Vijay Alignment Center (BLR) is located? I need to get my Scorp's wheels checked as I face this vibration issue at speeds of 85 - 100kph. I got it checked with Madhu's twice but they couldn't solve it.

Cheers,
Jammy70
Old 20th January 2009, 14:55   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where Vijay Alignment Center (BLR) is located? I need to get my Scorp's wheels checked as I face this vibration issue at speeds of 85 - 100kph. I got it checked with Madhu's twice but they couldn't solve it.

Cheers,
Jammy70
Here ,
Vijay Wheel Alignment Centre
St.Johns Church Road
Frazer Town
Bangalore-560005
Landmark: Near Ranka Paradise Apartments

Vijay Wheel Alignment Centre
36/4
Basavanagudi, Bangalore, Karnataka 560004
080 26620723

chk this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...bangalore.html
Old 20th January 2009, 15:04   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Hi,

Cheers,
Jammy70
Hi,
My experience when i upgraded to HR alloys with stock tubed tyres.

1.Vibrations at 110 ,alignment and balancing did not help.
2.Locally made hub rings and slotted them between hub cup and alloy.
Good improvement ..
3.Still minor vibrations, according to them it is because of tyre(JK)

Have learnt to live with it.

In my view it is a combination of factors like,

1.Need for rings as the PCD of the alloy and the hub dia will have a mismatch(alloy should be a snug fit).Rings need to fabricated as per specs.
2.Tyres.
3.Air pressure

Hope this helps.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:40   #148
BHPian

@ sushrutha: thanks for the co-ordinates. I went through the other link too and found Madhus and Tyre professionals are the same group and are very competent. Now wondering whether to take my vehicle all the way to frazer twn???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
My experience when i upgraded to HR alloys with stock tubed tyres.

1.Vibrations at 110 ,alignment and balancing did not help.
2.Locally made hub rings and slotted them between hub cup and alloy.
Good improvement ..
3.Still minor vibrations, according to them it is because of tyre(JK)

Have learnt to live with it.

In my view it is a combination of factors like,

1.Need for rings as the PCD of the alloy and the hub dia will have a mismatch(alloy should be a snug fit).Rings need to fabricated as per specs.
2.Tyres.
3.Air pressure

Hope this helps.
@ Pradeep: Thanks mate. I had gone through this complete thread and saw your posts; I seem to be facing almost similar issues as you did. Let me explain:

I didn't face the vibration issue (though on hard braking, noticed the vehicle pulling to the right) before my 30k-related service; in early Dec I got the complete wheel act done - rotation, alignment, balancing, etc.

A few days later, I had the 'first attack' of vibrations while cruising at around 85kph. Took the vehicle back to Madhus same day as I was heading out to Yercaud the next weekend. It was figured the spare wheel which was shifted to the LHS front may have caused it since it hadn't been in play for much during the 30k life of the vehicle and the same was shifted to the RHS rear (Madhus didn't charge me, nice chaps). During the Yercaud run, noticed the vibrations had reduced significantly, (didn't show up regularly - only on certain roads) and was something I could live with. Now, in the last few days, I have been facing the vibrations again as soon as the speeds cross 80kph.

I was thinking of getting a second opinion from a reputed wheel service centre before opting for the rings. what do you think?

Cheers,
Old 20th January 2009, 16:51   #149
Senior - BHPian

I definitely recommend alignment at Vijay. I faced sever vibrations when I put alloys for the first time, for which alignment was done at the tyre shop. But when I re-did it at Vijay (the one in Frazer Town), vibrations reduced significantly. Now it is noticeable only at very high speed (140+kmph, initially it was quite nasty at 100-120 itself).

BTW, I wanted to know following-

1. Do car manufacturer's use a same hub diameter across all their models (or at least majority of them)?
2. When we get alloy's from the manufacturer (like MGA from Maruti), do we get matching hub dia?
3. Can we get alloy's with specific hub dia, made to order? (at least from Indian brands, like Aura I suppose)

So far, I haven't felt any desperate need to put hub ring's. But, in case I change alloys in future, I will consider above options first.
Old 25th January 2009, 12:29   #150
BHPian

Hi Santosh,

Took your advice and got the alignment and balancing done for the front wheels at Vijay and I must say they seem to have set right the vibration issue (from what I could make of the short bursts of speed I Was able to achieve within city limits). I will be doing a long-distance drive next week and will be able to confirm then.

Thanks all for the inputs...

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks